Find
Notify
Tools

Not to happy with my self.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted
Spent 15 days during fire arm deer season here in SE Michigan. Passed up a lot of bucks for the one I saw before the season.

ML season opened the 6th of December and I was trying to shoot a few of my rifles to make sure they and I was ready.

The T/C plains rifle I had put a lepould VXII scope on in the summer was cleaned and put away after removing that scope to send bACK for the 3d time. Big lemon of a scope.

The Remington 700 MLS 50 cal was shooting Maxie balls great but the 8o gr of T 7 worked awsome with the green sabot and Speer 300gr gold dot bullet.

The Remington 700MLS in 54 cal was doing OK but the 50 was better.

After 11 days of hunting and seening many a buck I shot Tuesday even a buck I had thought to be at least a 6 point only to discover a 4 point.

OH well still a legal buck and good eatting I guesstmate him as a 1.5 year old buck.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Waidmannsheil on a good buck and will be some fine eatin', sometimes it be that way. That ball leaves no mark, lol.

Maybe next time post a little bigger pick, difficult to see the deer there Smiler

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Sorry the pictures work on other sites so figured they would here.
Lets try this.

Big Grin Al

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Sorry the pictures work on other sites so figured they would here.

Lets try this.

Big Grin Al

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with that buck. I shoot the 1st legal one I see. I don't have a lot of big racks but I eat a lot of venison. Merry Christmas--Bob

Posts: 598 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, nice looking deer!

one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
I also eat a lot of venison. but I also like big racks on them too.

Big Grin Al

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the deer and I just appreciate the "enjoy the moment" aspect. I'm sure many people can relate to either seeing a nice deer and passing because you've only been in the stand for 20 minutes on opening day, then you don't see anything else the rest of the season or shooting something and then seeing something really massive afterwards. Yours isn't a bad deer and had you shot it in the Carolinas would probably be considered kinda big, so just tell everyone you shot it in South Carolina and you're good!

Wishing every a Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7757 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark:
Congrats on the deer and I just appreciate the "enjoy the moment" aspect. I'm sure many people can relate to either seeing a nice deer and passing because you've only been in the stand for 20 minutes on opening day, then you don't see anything else the rest of the season or shooting something and then seeing something really massive afterwards. Yours isn't a bad deer and had you shot it in the Carolinas would probably be considered kinda big, so just tell everyone you shot it in South Carolina and you're good!
Wishing every a Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

That's not exactly accurate.
There are large deer in NC.:

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
That is one nice buck any where except maybe, Sak. CA. Na it is even a nice deer up there.

Big Grin Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, that would even be a big deer in Sak, Canada. Very nice buck, congratulations.

Posts: 90 | Location: Mishawaka, In. | Registered: 22 August 2010Reply With Quote