ACCURATERELOADING.COM MUZZLELOADING BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Muzzleloading Big Game Hunting    The-Great-1800-era-Weltevreden-Black powder hunt

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The-Great-1800-era-Weltevreden-Black powder hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Good day members. As requested by a member on the forum here is a link to a black powder hunt we did in May 2015 this year. I searched the forum to see if I may already have posted this link , but it seems it was not uploaded...
Here is the link to an extremely memorable hunt..

1800 Era Black powder hunt at Weltevreden farm, Limpopo South Africa

Posts: 113 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 22 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Nice hunt. Thanks for sharing.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tree` Em , we are currently busy to plan for the next hunt 2016. This time we will have a scotch car and oxen to collect the water, hunted animals ect. I plan to take a horse with for hunting purposes...

Posts: 113 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 22 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a dream......I'm green with envy. Please take heaps of pictures of next years adventure.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The whole hunt will be on a dvd ..we are taking a video camera man with...all activities will be specific...in detail discussions will be held on various subjects regarding the 1800 era hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. Gert Odendaal, what inspired you, just the love of the classic safari?

Posts: 316 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good day to you Richard
What inspired me is the respect I have for the old ways when life was a struggle to survive from day to day ..our forefathers relied on their muzzle loaders to bring the meat home..the idea of everything had to be grown , build, made from their surroundings and they still had to survive nature ...much of the old ways is still relevant today...although we are living in a "user world" use and throw away..nothing is substantial or have quality today... to live along side nature in it`s purest form..that is inspiring...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say you are inspiring. I've become too soft. I really like what you're doing.

Posts: 316 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Richard, thank you for the kind words, it really is much appreciated...at my age , live needs to be lived taking every day as it comes and searching for every small opportunity to acquire knowledge to live as if there will not be a tomorrow... I only wished I was this focused twenty years back... dancing tu2