Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clinesmith Pleads Guilty Of Lying To FISA Court Login/Join 
one of us
posted
It's the beginning of the end for the Deep State.

The whole Dim Russian Collusion Thingy netted unintended consequences. Thanks in total to the traitorous left, the movers and shakers within the Deep State are falling one by one.

Next will be the Durham report with the promise of criminal indictments.

Fun Times. popcorn

quote:

Durham at Tip of Deep Iceberg

(Newsmax TV's "Saturday Report")

By Eric Mack | Saturday, 15 August 2020 10:27 AM

The mainstream media's downplaying of former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith's pending guilty plea of making a false statement on a FISA application shows the willingness to diminish the important work of special prosecutor John Durham, according to legal expert Alan Dershowitz on Newsmax TV.

"I think the big story is how the media is handling it," Dershowitz told "Saturday Report." "The New York Times has a whole front page analysis in which they say this not the tip of the iceberg, this is the iceberg itself – that this isn't indicative of how deep the problem went.

"Totally, totally false."

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz found Clinesmith altered an email to say former Trump campaign aide Carter Page had not been a CIA source, when in fact he had been working with them.

"What could be worse than an FBI agent altering a document in front of a court where you appear ex parte – that is the other side doesn't have a chance to appear?" Dershowitz told host Grant Stinchfield. "So the court is relying completely on the credibility of the FBI agent and of the government and they change the words on an email to make it seem as if the guy wasn't a source at all, when we know he was a source."

This ultimately led to the FBI renewing a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant against Page while leaving exculpatory evidence out of their application. It led to the Obama administration's further spying on the Trump campaign, the political rival.

"So this is the tip of a deep iceberg," Dershowitz concluded. "I hope the Mr. Durham, who has a reputation for integrity, will dig as deep as possible and find out how deep this problem goes.

"I think it goes pretty deep."

Stinchfield quoted a reported post-2016 election message from Clinesmith that read: "I am so stressed about what I could have done differently . . . the crazies finally won; this is the Tea Party on steroids."

"What he's saying is that his own personal political views do influence, can influence," Dershowitz said. "The myth that we've been hearing from all of the folks that now have been fired – and legitimately have been fired for what they did – is 'oh, yeah, yeah, we had strong feelings against Trump, but it didn't influence they way we did our job.'

"Duh? It didn't influence the way you did your job? Why did you change that email? Obviously, you changed the email in order to increase the chances that FISA court would grant a warrant – which would continue to allow the warrant; it was the second application – and would find dirt on a particular presidential candidate.

"We cannot allow the FBI to have a thumb on the scale of elections."

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read about it the other day.
Clinesmith said, I changed it because I really didn't think he was working for the CIA.
Wouldn't any smart person check that before altering papers for the court? Throw the book at the prick.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This was one of many "inaccuracies" (lies) the FBI told the FISA courts.

Bottom line, there was no basis for the surveillance on Page and no basis to interrogate Flynn.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is finally getting to be fun!

Posts: 38769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
he did check with the CIA.
then he changed it from YES to NO in the deposition for the FISA warrant.

this is just step one and the first guy to touch the Steele dossier is caught out lying.

step two is next, as they work their way from the bottom to the top.

Posts: 3728 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Because they probably told him no...

However, the DOJ did not determine that leadership or the FISA court would have reached a different decision had they known all relevant information, and did not find that the conduct affected the overall validity of the applications.

Carter Page was a known quantity to the FBI before he joined the Trump campaign (and indeed, long before Trump declared his candidacy for president).

In 2013, Page’s communications were the subject of an unrelated FISA warrant stemming from the investigation of three Russian operatives the FBI was investigating—Evgeny Buryakov, Igor Sporyshev, and Victor Podobnyy.

In January 2015, DOJ announced charges against Buryakov, Sporyshev, and Podobnyy for

acting as unregistered agents of a foreign government and conspiracy.

DOJ found that the Russians’ efforts included recruiting Page and other Americans as

intelligence sources for the Russian government.

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 25969 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Facts: The OIG review found no evidence that the FBI tried to infiltrate the Trump campaign with agents. Rather, the review found that the FBI took appropriate steps reflecting typical law enforcement activities to evaluate evidence that individuals within the campaign had ties to Russia.

President Trump and his allies have asserted that the FBI’s use of Stefan Halper, a fellow at the University of Cambridge, to explore whether Russia was interfering with the 2016 election constituted “spying” on the Trump campaign. This claim is unsubstantiated. Halper was a seasoned and trusted FBI resource who had previously served in the administrations of Presidents Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan. Nor is there any evidence that the FBI or Halper used unlawful or irregular means to approach members of Trump’s foreign policy team—including Page and Papadopoulos.

To the contrary, Halper and a government investigator posing as a research assistant asked Page and Papadopoulos whether the Trump campaign was working with Russia. After he was briefed about the FBI’s information-gathering steps in 2018, Republican member of Congress Trey Gowdy said that the FBI’s efforts to gather information from Trump’s advisors was appropriate: “I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got,” Gowdy said.

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
posted Hide Post
Clinesmith was part of the fake Hillary email investigation.

Hate liberals? Bite me.

Posts: 16335 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that should tell you something about that investigation too.

Posts: 3728 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens

would want them to do when they got the information they got,” Gowdy said.

Gowdy is as righty as any can get and even he knows russia, page, and others

are guilty of conspiracy................

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens

would want them to do when they got the information they got,”

Of course that's not at all what Gowdy implied with his statement that you intentionally cut short.

quote:

Trey Gowdy backpedaled his defense of the FBI during the Russian investigation after Fox News host Tucker Carlson confronted him about the matter.

The former South Carolina congressman said on Monday's Tucker Carlson Tonight that he was mistaken to trust the FBI and Justice Department while special counsel Robert Mueller was conducting his inquiry into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Carlson played Gowdy a clip of his own 2018 remarks in which he said, "As of now, I think Chris Wray and Rod Rosenstein are stunned whenever people think Trump is the target of their investigation ... I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump."

Carlson then asked if he still maintains that position, and Gowdy responded in the negative, claiming he reneged the opinion three weeks after making the statement.

"I went over to the Department of Justice. I sat there for four hours. That's when I saw that Peter Strzok actually initiated and approved Crossfire Hurricane. That's when I saw the exculpatory information on George Papadopoulos. That's when I saw, for the very first time, that it was the Trump campaign mentioned in that predicate document," he said.

"My mistake was relying on the word of the FBI and the DOJ and not insisting on the documents," he added.

In April 2019, Mueller released his long-awaited report on Russian election interference, which did not find evidence of criminal conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin. The investigation did, however, find substantial evidence that Russian actors actively attempted to influence the election.

Gowdy said congressional reports intended to ascertain Russia's activities during the 2016 election validate Mueller's conclusion about the country's attempts, adding that he still believes the investigation was "not a witch hunt."

Last week, the House Intelligence Committee released thousands of pages of transcripts from its closed-off interviews in 2017-2018 pertaining to Russian interference in the 2016 election. The documents showed James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence during the Obama administration, and other former officials admitted there was no direct evidence the Trump campaign colluded with a foreign entity to influence the election.

"I never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting/conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election," Clapper said. "That's not to say that there weren't concerns about the evidence we were seeing, anecdotal evidence. ... But I do not recall any instance where I had direct evidence of the content of these meetings. It's just the frequency and prevalence of them was of concern."

U.S. Attorney John Durham, who was appointed by Attorney General William Barr, is currently investigating the origins of the Trump-Russia investigation.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gowdy backpedaled

CAUSE HE BECAME CHICKENSHIT LIKE YOU....

BUT WITH POLITICS THE FIRST SLIP POLIICO

MAKES IS USUALLY TRUTH...

CLINESMITH PUT DOWN WHAT HE WAS TOLD,

AND FACT THAT PAGE HAD A LONG SORDID HISTORY

OF LAWBREAKING WITH RUSSIANS , MATCHED WHAT CLINESMITH KNEW...

WHAT THE COURT KNEW, SO COURT IT CONTINUED SURVEILLANCE......

AMAZING THING IS, HALF DOZEN OTHERS IN CAMPAIGN WERE WORSE

LAWBREAKERS WITH RUSSIANS STARTING WITH MANAFORT AND STONE,

AND LET OFF THE HOOK DURING CAMPAIGN....

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
posted Hide Post
He backpedaled because he believed there was no way possible the FBI could go from the most globally revered enforcement agency to one of the most corrupt as to commit treason.

I believe most of us thought the same until Obama/Biden/Comey came into power.

But the good news is, the treasonous bastards are being spotlighted and hopefully through the efforts of the Durham investigation some of the bastards will see jail time. Time for some justice in this country.

BTW - How's that Russian Collusion Thingy you were peddling so hard going you freaking imbecile?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
He backpedaled because he believed there was no way possible the FBI could go from the most globally revered enforcement agency to one of the most corrupt as to commit treason.

I believe most of us thought the same until Obama/Biden/Comey came into power.

But the good news is, the treasonous bastards are being spotlighted and hopefully through the efforts of the Durham investigation some of the bastards will see jail time. Time for some justice in this country.

BTW - How's that Russian Collusion Thingy you were peddling so hard going you freaking imbecile?

Orange jumpsuit time..... And for the spaz...a straight jacket.......

Posts: 38769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I believe he is already in a straight-jacket. They let him have a computer with voice activation for entertainment. The reason his posts are in all caps most of the time is because he is yelling at it.

Poor old codger.

Lane

Progressives don’t just have disdain for Conservatives...they loathe the very ground they walk on.

Posts: 28074 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Poor old deranged codger.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
CLINESMITH PUT DOWN WHAT HE WAS TOLD,

AND FACT THAT PAGE HAD A LONG SORDID HISTORY

OF LAWBREAKING WITH RUSSIANS , MATCHED WHAT CLINESMITH KNEW...

WHAT THE COURT KNEW, SO COURT IT CONTINUED SURVEILLANCE......

AMAZING THING IS, HALF DOZEN OTHERS IN CAMPAIGN WERE WORSE

LAWBREAKERS WITH RUSSIANS STARTING WITH MANAFORT AND STONE,

AND LET OFF THE HOOK DURING CAMPAIGN....

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Hubel, if that's the case, "and you have nothing to back that up" it will come out in the report.