Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP global headquarters leaving California Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Guess where HP Global head quarters is moving? Houston, Texas!
Leaving Palo Alto, California! Wonder why???
Big businesses in far left blue states will continue to evaporate. Tax base will diminish and debt will climb.
Not a sustainable fiscal model.
When will these states learn?

Intel and Oracle are likely not far behind.
Just leave your political ideology from where you came.

Posts: 2321 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
"Just leave your political ideology from where you came"

If only...

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 6601 | Location: Retired and on the road, baby! | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
No surprise here. CA has become so business unfriendly it’s a wonder any major corporation stays there.

Posts: 9047 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I feel sorry for Houston!

~Ann

Posts: 15694 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
This is a big deal. The left is ruining California.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 26720 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Compaq, bought by HP, owns a huge campus in NW Houston - it's more coming Home -

Housing prices will go up, instantly

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
Order AR/AccRel Brass
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 35140 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I honestly find it extremely hard to believe that such stupid idiot do exists, as those running California and New York, and lesser degree the rest of America!! Confused

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 54032 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulltool17:
"Just leave your political ideology from where you came"

If only...

Well, the governor of Tejas was over here awhile back poaching jobs for Tejanos, why would this be a surprise?
It will be interesting to see who moves and who stays where they are. When Boeing made the move from Huntington Beach, most of the wives said no.
Y'all are welcome to the corporate drones and hangers-on, we'll see how they like Houston humidity and floods.

Oh, and bugs. I almost forgot about the bugs. Tough getting old and forgetful...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 12189 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Texas couldn’t poach business/jobs if the business climate in CA wasn’t so poor. You don’t leave a place unless you are going somewhere better....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, poor California. At $3.2 trillion, the world's 5th largest economy.

I wonder why HP didn't move to Mississippi or Alabama or Oklahoma or Kentucky or Tennessee or one of the other republican controlled and dominated states that lead the nation in poverty and back-ass-wardness?

-Our long national nightmare is over.

Posts: 10032 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Yeah, poor California. At $3.2 trillion, the world's 5th largest economy

..and a role model for how to over-regulate everything imaginable. Industries will continue to leave as long as Kali makes the business climate less and less attractive.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 6601 | Location: Retired and on the road, baby! | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder why HP didn't move to Mississippi or Alabama or Oklahoma or Kentucky or Tennessee or one of the other republican controlled and dominated states that lead the nation in poverty and back-ass-wardness?

Last I heard, TX was a red state. And it’s a fact, businesses and people are leaving the state. Of course the population stays stable with a constant influx from south of the border. rotflmo tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Right. Doing terrible. Economy larger than Germany and right behind India.

Poor California.

quote:
quote:

..and a role model for how to over-regulate everything imaginable. Industries will continue to leave as long as Kali makes the business climate less and less attractive.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Last I heard, so were the states I listed....so much for your theory that Red states are so well run. Some are. Some aren't.

quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:

Last I heard, TX was a red state. And it’s a fact, businesses and people are leaving the state. Of course the population stays stable with a constant influx from south of the border. rotflmo tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So go already, and take those office-dwelling paper-pushers with you. Most of them don't hunt or fish, and vote you-know-how. Happy Motoring...

By the way, when Bush43 was running for president, he said he'd "...gotten health-care done in Texas...". What did he mean by that? What's 'done'?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Posts: 12189 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to see a list of how many companies departed CA and where they went.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation

Posts: 6560 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Right. Doing terrible. Economy larger than Germany and right behind India.

Poor California.

quote:
quote:

Read these lists and maybe you will educate yourself, although I doubt it

https://www.southstarcommuniti...rnia-bound-for-texas

https://spectrumlocationsoluti...es-leave-california/

The list of those leaving includes Toyota, Nissan, McKesson, Jacobs Engineering, Charles Schwann, Carl’s Jr., cuckoo clap . Between 2008 and 2019, 18,000 businesses left the “Golden” state. And that doesn’t count the huge number of retirees taking their money( and tax base)and hitting the road. If illegals are not counted, CA has a negative population growth rate. But that’s OK, please stay put and watch the sunset from a sinking ship.

one of us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
This is making people flee even quicker! Keep paying state taxes years after you leave!

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2...ally-do-that-960553/

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 26720 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Glad I got the hell out THE DAY AFTER I RETIRED 6 YEARS AGO. Come on Mike, tell us how great it is to pay the highest state income tax in the US! rotflmo

Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post
My older Brother just moved from San Jose to Florida. He was in California for 15 years. He says the best thing about being out of California is 1/2.
Everything in Florida cost 1/2 as much. Groceries, fuel, utilities, gym, services, etc cost 1/2 less in Florida than it did in California.

Posts: 20 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt.Purvis:
My older Brother just moved from San Jose to Florida. He was in California for 15 years. He says the best thing about being out of California is 1/2.
Everything in Florida cost 1/2 as much. Groceries, fuel, utilities, gym, services, etc cost 1/2 less in Florida than it did in California.

Funny that. The wife and I went on a grand road trip (technically we are still traveling)

We spent a few weeks in SoCal. As soon as we crossed back into AZ, the cost of fuel, food and lodging dropped a good 35%.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
But, but, but, lil mikey says CA is the world’s fifth largest economy, therefore it must be utopia! jumping rotflmo

Come mikey, tell us how great it is to dodge shit on the sidewalks.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am hearing not very complimentary reports about Austin.

Lots of drugs and businesses are not very happy about it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 54032 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Austin is a generally liberal city with all that entails. At least businesses there can move 200 miles and get away. In CA, it’s a longer trip to leave the garbage dump. clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
all Austin needs is the roll of the pacific ocean on the shoreline to make the transportation complete.

Posts: 3554 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

That's where lil Mikey calls home!

Austin is a liberal shitholes, the San Francisco of Texas!

Posts: 38385 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Oh Lord, mikey is a Texan?? That’s embarrassing..... I could have sworn he was a Bay Area Berkley trained idiot. 2020

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Saeed,
this post would have been equally valid 30 years ago - hasn't changed a bit in that way

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
Order AR/AccRel Brass
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 35140 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Strange how lil mikey made ridiculous statements here, then disappeared. I guess he can’t handle the truth.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a few neat things about California. PCH 1, Golden Gate Bridge, Wine country, Big Sur, Carmel, Yosemite.

What is that old slogan? Nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there. Spot on!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
There are a few neat things about California. PCH 1, Golden Gate Bridge, Wine country, Big Sur, Carmel, Yosemite.

What is that old slogan? Nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there. Spot on!

Very old bumper sticker "Welcome to California, now go home".

TomP

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will certainly take note! No concerns.
Been there done that.

quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:

one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I guess the illegals at the San Ysidro border crossing didn’t see the go home part.... clap

one of us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I guess the illegals at the San Ysidro border crossing didn’t see the go home part.... clap

Guaranteed, they saw it and ignored it.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh Lord, mikey is a Texan?? That’s embarrassing..... I could have sworn he was a Bay Area Berkley trained idiot. 2020

from his posts you would think that......

Not much money for an ambulance chaser in a broke state though.......

Posts: 38385 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't even want to visit. Rather go to Idaho.

Posts: 5296 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
quote:

I don't even want to visit. Rather go to Idaho.

Or Utah, or Wyoming, places where you can camp for a few days without being thought homeless..

TomP