Find
Notify
Tools

Saving our elections Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
28 Million Mail-In Ballots Went Missing in Last Four Elections

Let's hear your solutions to this problem. I vote in person and will this year as well.

~Ann

Posts: 15786 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Our elections are so vital...that every single voter should walk in in person, present ID, and vote on a paper ballot.

Lane

Progressives don’t just have disdain for Conservatives...they loathe the very ground they walk on.

Posts: 28040 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Microsoft should invent a little gadget, and distribute it nation wide to registered voters. Of course the thing IDs to the specific registered and legit voter.

On a set day or week, each voter presses the gadget to his/her forehead, and thinks of the names he/she votes for and the vote is thus cast.

All this driving across town, getting in line, is so quaint.

Vote early, vote often.

--------------------------------------------------------

Reality: Resistance is Futile.

---------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 12363 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can leave my truck running while I go in and vote.
super inconvenient.

Posts: 3720 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Microsoft should invent a little gadget, and distribute it nation wide to registered voters....

Indeed - let's put Bill Fucking Gates in charge of the integrity of our elections. He can't even keep Windows secure and free of viruses.

Perhaps you are better off sticking with cuts and pastes....

Beep Beep, MF ~

Posts: 51204 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Exactly

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 11999 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was just kidding with a little satire.

I vote by mail, but to me voting in person would be no different than a trip to the hardware store.

I don't know anymore the real truth about voter suppression, or the inability of the USPS to handle it, or all the other hype from all sides.

I wish voting wasn't so ----- political. Wink

--------------------------------------------------------

Reality: Resistance is Futile.

---------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 12363 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
The OP link isn't really clear on what happened to those ballots. Were they mailed out and just not used, were they mailed out and didn't reach the person who requested them ... there is a big difference between them being missing/unused and misused.

For a country which put men on the moon getting a bloody election right shouldn't be a big issue. You can allow serving military who are absent from their home state to vote Ok so how hard can it be if someone else wants to vote by mail.

Posts: 5861 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nute - absentee ballot and mail-in vote are two very different things; absentee ballot is better, verified and secure. Mail-in is not. Absentee ballot is (rightly) an option, while mail-in should not be compulsory, especially with it's inherent flaws.

But I agree - it should absolutely not be this difficult for a first-world nation to do right.

Posts: 51204 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
I can leave my truck running while I go in and vote.
super inconvenient.

I as well!

Lane

Progressives don’t just have disdain for Conservatives...they loathe the very ground they walk on.

Posts: 28040 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Joe from So. Cal.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Microsoft should invent a little gadget, and distribute it nation wide to registered voters. Of course the thing IDs to the specific registered and legit voter.

On a set day or week, each voter presses the gadget to his/her forehead, and thinks of the names he/she votes for and the vote is thus cast.

All this driving across town, getting in line, is so quaint.

Vote early, vote often.

That quote by Sam Adams that includes the line about crouching down and licking the hands of those who feed you? That line fits Mangina like no one else. He loves government and loves to serve those who govern him. An unrepentant Leftist. Uber/ultra far Left collectivist.

Posts: 7725 | Location: Peoples Republic Of California | Registered: 13 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leftist. Uber/ultra far Left collectivist.

Closet fascist, open statist, the list goes on....

one of us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Tasunk, I see in your absence than you didn’t learn a thing. Still full of shit. The following statement is crap.

quote:
absentee ballot and mail-in vote are two very different things; absentee ballot is better, verified and secure. Mail-in is not. Absentee ballot is (rightly) an option, while mail-in should not be compulsory, especially with it's inherent flaws.

Posts: 6473 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is taking from a week to two weeks for first class mail to be delivered in the lower 48. Sometimes even longer. How will that work for an election. And don't forget about the postal workers in Texas that was dumping the mail in a creek and storing mail in the attic. This was four or five years ago. I sell on ebay and had some mail that they never did find.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rabbithabit:
It is taking from a week to two weeks for first class mail to be delivered in the lower 48. Sometimes even longer. How will that work for an election. And don't forget about the postal workers in Texas that was dumping the mail in a creek and storing mail in the attic. This was four or five years ago. I sell on ebay and had some mail that they never did find.

My vote is too important for me to count on a government drone to deliver it!

Posts: 38725 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
while mail-in should not be compulsory

MAIL IN IS NOT COMPULSORY.

YOU CAN STILL GO TO A CONTAMINATED VOTING SITE.

WHICH MOST WILL BE FOR SURE,

WITH 1 IN 65 TESTING POSITIVE IN THIS COUNTRY..

HERE ALL REGISTERED GOT BALLOT REQUEST FORMS,

BUT NOT REQUIRED TO USE THEM, OR IF REQUESTING ONE

AND GETTING BALLOT NOT REQUIRED TO VOTE IT EITHER..

THAT IS FREEDOM......................

PHYSICALLY HAVING TO ENTER A POLLING PLACE

IS NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION.......

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 25952 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saving our elections

WHY KKAAARRREEENNN ..IS IT TOO MUCH..FOR YOU FASCISTS...

TOO MUCH TROUBLE TO SAVE THEM FROM PUTIN/RUSSIANS.....

FROM CONSPIRACY THAT BROKE OUR ELECTION LAWS...............

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
I just don’t vote Big Grin

Mike

Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch

Posts: 11498 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
I just don’t vote Big Grin

Mike

I believe you........

Posts: 38725 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saving our elections

WHY KKAAARRREEENNN ..IS IT TOO MUCH..FOR YOU FASCISTS...

TOO MUCH TROUBLE TO SAVE THEM FROM PUTIN/RUSSIANS.....

FROM CONSPIRACY THAT BROKE OUR ELECTION LAWS...............

MZEE WA SIKU