Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why People Won't Get The Vaccine Login/Join 
one of us
posted Hide Post
The simple answer is to protect those who cannot or will not.

There have been a very few folks who have been fully immunized who get a subsequent infection, and they get less ill and die at a lower rate than others, even though the vaccine supposedly “failed” because they got the virus again.

Health care, which has a substantial public funding, can be overwhelmed by folks getting sick, so avoiding that if we can is good public policy.

So, from a “protect yourself” standpoint, the vaccine makes sense.

Now, if the unprotected were all folks who made a conscious choice to risk illness, that’s one thing... but would you want to cause a person with an immune deficiency, a neonate, or a chemo patient to die because you felt it unnecessary?

I get that folks are getting fed up with big brother telling them what to do, and the folks minding the store seem interested in something other than promoting the public good, but the immunization is supported by good science (and I’m one of the more skeptical docs around regarding much reported research) and seems much better proven than any of the other treatments or mitigation efforts that are out there.

I am in the camp that a lot of the shutdowns were unproven and ineffective.

I’d love to see clear cut statements that if you have the immunization, you can go back to normal life... the science seems to support that, but it looks like the folks making the decisions don’t trust us to be honest regarding our status. Regardless, getting fully immunized is your best bet to avoid morbidity and mortality from the disease, and your best bet to avoid contributing to Covid spread.

The Covid vaccine has more proof of no harm than most vaccines have had when they were accepted.

I get if you think your risk is low, but low isn’t none, and your risk of bad outcome without the vaccine is higher than your risk with the vaccine and risk of major (as in requiring intervention) side effects from the vaccine by all available information.

If you think the risk is not that high from Covid, while it may not be, it’s a heck of a lot higher than the vaccine is.

Posts: 7122 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Looks like my lefty friends got it too. I don't actually know anyone who has not got one or is not going to get one.

My fellow redneck friends like me are getting vaccinated or have already because of our chosen professions regardless of if we think it is bullshit or not.

I did it cause my wife had to to keep her job. I told her since she took the zombie serum that I would too. She matters to me, the fucked up zombie virus does not.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9556 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Health care, which has a substantial public funding, can be overwhelmed by folks getting sick, so avoiding that if we can is good public policy.

We have already been through this a year ago! Start remembering what has happened in the last year!

Posts: 2649 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MickinColo:
Unlike you I try not to be insulting, but I've read enough of your stuff and dismiss it.

By the way I've lived to 69 and going, are you going to make it to 13?

There was actually a point being made that perhaps you missed. When we encounter issues like the pandemic and treatments like the vaccine we are actually blessed to have doctors, healthcare workers, scientists and other experts that we can listen to for advice on how to address the issue. The tragedy is that some are prepared to brush aside the views of the experts. They prefer to listen to bloggers, media pundits, politicians, veterinarians, the bartender, etc. . . . and yes, individuals that seem to not be able to make good healthcare decisions in many other aspects of their lives. The credibility of the person providing you information is important to assess in determining the weight to give the information. As for me, I will listen to the doctors and healthcare professionals. Your mileage may vary.

Mike

Posts: 19217 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday John Brennan told me that because I was white I am effectively a domestic terrorist. I am being told every day that the color of my skin is what has caused all the misery in this country and that because I believe in God I am party to most of the deaths that have taken place in the world for thousands of years and in a previous post I was told by the great Orator Kensco not to get vaccinated because the world is better off with out me. Sorry Kensco I got vaccinated, not because I was afraid of the disease but because I did not want anyone to feel uncomfortable around me.

So if you are blinded and can't really see or understand what is going on in the world today you are to be pitied. If you don't understand the sacrifice of the cross you are to be more pitied.

Life will go on. some will live, all will die and like Kensco says maybe the earth will be better off without some of us. If kensco is white that could be a racist white terrorist threat but he's liberal so it will never be investigated. Regardless of color, religious affiliation or political ignorance, hang on, its going to be a wild ride.

Posts: 406 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wake up.

It can happen again.

Look at what’s going on in India.

It’s good public policy to try and avoid that. Encouraging vaccine and giving it free of charge seems minimal to me.

A collection of wrong things and it can happen here again.

quote:
quote:

We have already been through this a year ago! Start remembering what has happened in the last year!

Posts: 7122 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Wake up.

It can happen again.

It’s good public policy to try and avoid that. Encouraging vaccine and giving it free of charge seems minimal to me.

quote:
quote:

if stupid people don’t want to get vaccinated and take the risk and die or become long haul suffers let them.

having to wear a mask to shop at costco or academy for the foreseeable future is a low cost.

the vaccinated are significantly safer - let the unvaccinated suffer.

mRNA guys will keep innovating.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/05/...t-covid-19-variants/

Mike

Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch

Posts: 12330 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . the problem with the just let the stupid suffer approach is that it forces all of us to suffer. The longer this goes on the longer travel is impacted, masking is required, variants and mutations are allowed to form and circulate putting even the vaccinated at risk, etc. The fastest way to the finish line is for the maximum number of people to get vaccinated. The sooner the loons on the left and right stop spinning out conspiracy theories, fear mongering, listening to their fellow loons instead of doctors and experts the better off we will all be. The plight of society is that we are often at the mercy of the stupid like we are now.

Mike

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Wake up.

It can happen again.

quote:
quote:

if stupid people don’t want to get vaccinated and take the risk and die or become long haul suffers let them.

having to wear a mask to shop at costco or academy for the foreseeable future is a low cost.

Not in Academy...just got back from buying baseballs for our big tournament this weekend in OKC. This time I don’t believe anyone in the store was masked...has been about 25% masked for last 4 months

Mike

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans. – Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

Posts: 29805 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . that’s a good thing?

Mike

one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:
Wake up.

It can happen again.

quote:
quote:

Not in Academy...just got back from buying baseballs for our big tournament this weekend in OKC. This time I don’t believe anyone in the store was masked...has been about 25% masked for last 4 months

Mike

I don’t care about Oklahoma or Texas cause I don’t live there.

I care where I live and where I go. Everywhere I go people are masking as business are requiring masking to enter.

Vaccinated can simply choose who they hang out with.

I will go to SCI before DSC in the comming years simply cause SCI will have fewer people and no $20 a day visitors.

People and business will adjust.

Academy policy currently

https://www.academy.com/ceo-updates

Mike

Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch

Posts: 12330 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wake up.

It can happen again.

quote:
quote:

Mike

Outstanding! A liberal who learned to mind his own business — amazing! clap

I care where I live and where I go. Everywhere I go people are masking as business are requiring masking to enter.

I will go to SCI before DSC in the comming years simply cause SCI will have fewer people and no $20 a day visitors.

Academy policy currently

Mike

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans. – Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

Posts: 29805 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wake up.

It can happen again.

quote:
quote:

Mike

Academy policy currently

Mike

Better than being an exceptional success in life with a dose hydroxcloquine, expertise in mRNA vaccines and knowledge of everything under the sun Big Grin (Except being able to manage your own investments)

Mike

Bernard Baruch

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wake up.

It can happen again.

quote:
quote:

Mike

Academy policy currently

Mike

Better than being an exceptional success in life with a dose hydroxcloquine, expertise in mRNA vaccines and knowledge of everything under the sun Big Grin (Except being able to manage your own investments)

Mike

Too busy making new money to worry with the old. Wink I can hire that done and fire them if they don’t make a good showing.

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
https://www.sciencenews.org/ar...-infections-variants

.01 percent change of catching covid for the vaccinated.

Overtime and exposure as 40 percent are unvaccinated this will grow.

But all in all the future pain of covid will lie in the 40 percent who are unvaccinated.

They have a free govt vaccine to use. Or else they can bear the cost of being unvaccinated. Let people bear the cost.

Let businesses discriminate against the unvaccinated.

Mike

Bernard Baruch

one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wake up.

It can happen again.

quote:
quote:

Mike

Academy policy currently

Mike

Mike

Too busy making new money to worry with the old. Wink I can hire that done and fire them if they don’t make a good showing.

For a man who claims to be so smart at everything and so successful at making new money why not manage you own money and other peoples money for 2/20. You can get really rich at that - ask Paul Tudor Jones if he flies coach to Zim or hunts in the Valley.

It’s like claiming everyday that you have the best mind and have the best skills to be a card counter and you want to work in front of a casino fixing broken chattel instead of counting cards Big Grin

I don’t know why a person with a deep science and medical background would waste time around horses instead of being on the cutting edge of shorting MRNA vaccine drug companies for unproven vaccines or buying into the latest hydroxy miracle cure (heard its is male pattern baldness).

The markets would keep your track record echoed in P&L

- This is only a flue nothing to worry about
- It will go away in the summer with heat
- Hydroxy will save the day
- mRNA is unproven
- mask are useless

Everyone of your pearls of wisdom are only topped by opus the credit investor.

Mike

Bernard Baruch

one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
difference between bullshitters and medical professionals

difference between rational science based analysis and make believe bull shit

Last February the trade association of US hospitals

they were projecting 400k people dying of covid in their hospitals

on arpf we had opus the credit investor saying there was a better chance of winning the power ball than getting covid

follow the medical professionals not the quacks.

Mike

Bernard Baruch

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
It's a personal choice until you get the goddamn virus and give it to somebody else who gets violently ill or dies.

The entire discussion is a mystery to me. You're a self-absorbed idiot if you don't get the vaccine. Pounding your chest about how fucking free you are while engaging in behavior that could kill other people that you come into contact with. It's bullshit.

quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
I got the Pfizer vaccine because I am a teacher, so I will most likely be exposed at some point fairly soon. And I have a bunch of health professionals in my family, some of whom are very conservative and extremely skeptical, who researched the vaccine and believe it to be safe. They were some of the first in line to get the vaccine.

But I wonder if some of you could put your ego aside long enough to realize that a lot of people who are smarter and better informed than you made the opposite decision that you did, whether or not you got vaccinated.

It is a personal choice and it is really a bit of a crapshoot either way.

Declining to get the vaccine doesn't make a person a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist(or a Trumptard), and getting the vaccine doesn't make anyone a flock following sheep(or a hero).

Bill Gates got the vaccine, Elon Musk did not. And they are both smarter and better informed(better access to real information) than anyone here in the AR cesspool. Food for thought.

quote:
I'm worried about the person who comes into contact with you who for whatever reason wants the vaccine but hasn't been able to get it yet.

Get it?

Mike, I assume that you read the first sentence in my post so you know that I got the vaccine, right?

According to Biden the vaccine will be available to everyone within the next two months. So are you saying that anyone who doesn't get the vaccine ASAP is a "self absorbed idiot" because they could get covid and transmit it to someone in the next two months?

That seems like an over reaction. Those of us who have not caught covid have made it safely through an entire year without the vaccine. We have almost half of the adults in the country vaccinated already. Do you really believe that with half the country vaccinated, those who haven't been able to get vaccinated are really in that much danger in the next two months?

And remember: those "self absorbed idiots" who decline the vaccine are effectively passing their dose on to someone who actually wants the vaccine but would not be able to get it. So those who decline the vaccine are actually protecting those who want to be vaccinated but allowing them access to the vaccine.

I've gotten the vaccine but I understand that others want to wait to make sure that it is safe, or whatever, that is their right.

And remember: every day every single one of us engages in things that put others at risk. Driving your car could kill someone, your guns could be stolen and used to kill someone.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 5909 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wake up.

It can happen again.

quote:
quote:

Mike

Academy policy currently

Mike

Mike

For a man who claims to be so smart at everything and so successful at making new money why not manage you own money and other peoples money for 2/20. You can get really rich at that - ask Paul Tudor Jones if he flies coach to Zim or hunts in the Valley.

It’s like claiming everyday that you have the best mind and have the best skills to be a card counter and you want to work in front of a casino fixing broken chattel instead of counting cards Big Grin

I don’t know why a person with a deep science and medical background would waste time around horses instead of being on the cutting edge of shorting MRNA vaccine drug companies for unproven vaccines or buying into the latest hydroxy miracle cure (heard its is male pattern baldness).

The markets would keep your track record echoed in P&L

- This is only a flue nothing to worry about
It IS a similar disease syndrome to influenza. Influenza has and is capable if similar. Humanity has been through several and survived. Just as we will this one. You deal with it by being a blithering idiot. I deal with it by looking what we know about similar viruses...using science and common sense to carry on.

- It will go away in the summer with heat
At the time...it looked like this virus might not do well in heat. What I did not factor in was how heat intolerant people are today and how well poorly ducted AC would spread the virus. Thus, I was wrong. Ever been wrong Mike?

- Hydroxy will save the day
I said it was safe. While you were blathering on about how it was dangerous and cardiotoxic and poison. Well it IS a very safe drug. VA alone disperses 40K doses a day for benign diseases as a symptom modifier. There was good theoretical science suggesting possible efficacy. Further, some studies have born out there was a subset of cases that may have benefited from its use. Early on...it made good sense to apply.

- mRNA is unproven
This is just a lie on your part. Efficacy is well established...I got the Moderna one. Longterm safety is UNPROVEN.

- mask are useless
The actual science shows no proven efficacy for prevention of spread. They can’t hurt thus they have been recommended. The nuts like your self think of them as a level 3 hazmat suit — not.

Everyone of your pearls of wisdom are only topped by opus the credit investor.

Mike

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
difference between bullshitters and medical professionals

difference between rational science based analysis and make believe bull shit

Last February the trade association of US hospitals

they were projecting 400k people dying of covid in their hospitals

on arpf we had opus the credit investor saying there was a better chance of winning the power ball than getting covid

follow the medical professionals not the quacks.

Mike

Too bad you did not listen to them back in February when you were imitating Chicken Little screaming the sky is falling quoting people saying 2 million would die and the lack of ventilators was a world travesty. Now ventilators sold on Ebay.

By the way...if you choose the correct link on Postimage for boards...it doesn’t blow your post out if size. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Over 100 people an hour are dying in India.

Fuck your chicken little bullshit.

-Our long national nightmare is over.

Posts: 11142 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
quote:

India is a ghetto ripe for a rapid virus spread or any disease for that matter. 100 people an hour is probably the daily rate any day. When the earths population hits 10 billion this will be much more widespread.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9556 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
This is a new vaccine era covid idiot

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56922517

There will be many more like him.

Mike

Bernard Baruch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have not really been following the details on India.
A question or two?
1) Are those 100 / hr all related to COVID? There are so many people in India I would suspect there are a large number dying unrelated to that cause. Such was the case in the USA that every death in the hospitals was tagged covid to garner additional revenue for the hospitals. A gross misrepresentation of the actual COVID related deaths domestically.
2) Curious why this took so long to infect that region as well as Brazil?
The USA was a whipping boy a year ago regarding the infection rate. Looks like there are areas now that eclipse our continent.
Although a terrible burden on society, I continue to have misgivings of the accuracy of data coming from so many directions.

EZ
quote:

Posts: 2765 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Some perspective for you counselor.

quote:
The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that more than a million people in Africa die from malaria every year, including 3,000 children each day.

Where has your outrage been for the last few decades. ^^^

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . makes me proud to see America at the top of that list . . . American exceptionalism. Roll Eyes

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Regarding India.
100 people / hr dying is roughly 876,000 / yr. There were 1,366 billion people in India in 2019.
Basically that is less than 1% of the population.
Just curious what the natural population attrition is per year in India? Rural India is extremely 3rd world.
My path on this is how people, society or media want to spin a data to promote a direction.
WOW 100 people an hour dying. That could very easily be a typical number but the optics presents a WOW impression.
I would suspect logically a 1% attrition rate on population is not to far out of line. In fact I would suspect far greater in most 3rd world countries.
You will have a hard time making me believe all these are covid related. Just like the USA. A ploy to generate addition infusion of $$'s world wide to support the challenge.

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . makes me proud to see America at the top of that list . . . American exceptionalism. Roll Eyes

As the freest most traveled people/nation in the world...the demographics make epidemiological sense of our stats.

Now we could always give up our liberty as you are so fond of advocating for these days. thumbdown

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lane,

Point well taken. I suppose the media really see's this as having no shock value.
will not bring in "ratings".

If people take the time to use some logic and "peel an Onion" rather than believe everything they hear we would a far more engaged and conforming society.

quote:
The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that more than a million people in Africa die from malaria every year, including 3,000 children each day.

one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

As the freest most traveled people/nation in the world...the demographics make epidemiological sense of our stats.

Now we could always give up our liberty as you are so fond of advocating for these days. thumbdown

. . . or we could just take the reasonable precautions recommended to us by the true experts in dealing with situations like this, e.g., wearing masks, social distancing and getting vaccinated. tu2

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Most of the folks who are arguing with you Mike have gotten the vaccine.

Their point seems to be once you have offered the vaccine to everyone in the major risk pool, that the less proven social control structures (impingements on personal freedom) should stop and the social control elements that really should never have been exercised in the first place (shutdowns) ended.

My question is how many are willing to end the travel restrictions and mask mandates for those who have received the vaccine?

It sure looks like the evidence suggests that if you are vaccinated, you can stop the masking and closing off of gatherings.

Why haven’t we?

one of us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
"why haven't we?"
This is about control. Authority.
The screaming, cussing snark from some of the kids here is because they want authority and control. beretta Mike has mentioned several times that of the "carrot or stick" method of persuasion he prefers the stick. Authority and control.
We're all now vaccinated so those at risk needn't worry but still it's a, "you better or else!!!"
It's about authority and control.

Posts: 7030 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

. . . or we could just take the reasonable precautions recommended to us by the true experts in dealing with situations like this, e.g., wearing masks, social distancing and getting vaccinated. tu2

...or we could just leave people alone to assess risks for themselves and make the healthcare decisions they choose — you know the way country was for the first couple of centuries. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

...or we could just leave people alone to assess risks for themselves and make the healthcare decisions they choose — you know the way country was for the first couple of centuries. Wink

. . . a great solution except that your irresponsibility impacts me and my family. You seem to forget that we are all in this together and continue to be bogged down by the actions or inactions of the dumbest among us.

Mike

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

. . . a great solution except that your irresponsibility impacts me and my family. You seem to forget that we are all in this together and continue to be bogged down by the actions or inactions of the dumbest among us.

Besides the fact that I am not/was not irresponsible and understand the science/medicine way better than you...

...your totalitarianism affects me and I reject it.

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
I . . . understand the science/medicine way better than you...

. . . at one point I might have agreed with you, but given any number of your pandemic pronouncements I now have my doubts. Suffice it to say you have confirmed that if you need medical advice, get it from a doctor, if you need advice regarding a dog with bad breath, get it from a vet.

Mike

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I . . . understand the science/medicine way better than you...

. . . at one point I might have agreed with you, but given any number of your pandemic pronouncements I now have my doubts. Suffice it to say you have confirmed that if you need medical advice, get it from a doctor, if you need advice regarding a dog with bad breath, get it from a vet.

Or if you need a novel efficacious COVID vaccine quickly...maybe consult Albert Bourla, DVM

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . I wonder if he has been telling people the virus will be gone by the summer of 2020, wearing a mask is a waste of time and just a virtue signaling exercising, hydroxychloroquine is a good Covid prophylactic, people under 40 should abstain from getting vaccinated, etc.?

Roll Eyes

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You get the shot, you still have to social distance, you still need to wear a mask. Tell me again, what the vaccine does? If your life is not changed by the shot why are you letting them inject you with an experimental chemical?

Then there are the variants, which are becoming prevalent, to consider.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 872 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . I wonder if he has been telling people the virus will be gone by the summer of 2020,

I was wrong and quickly admitted and pointed out why.

wearing a mask is a waste of time and just a virtue signaling exercising,

If you asked him to quote the science...he would have to — as I know him to be honest.

hydroxychloroquine is a good Covid prophylactic,

Here you have outed yourself as a spinner (that would be a nice term for liar Wink).

All I ever stated was that it was quite safe, that there was good science to hypothesis potential efficacy, and there was good science that showed efficacy in some instances.

people under 40 should abstain from getting vaccinated, etc.?

Healthy <35 year old people have a 99.994% chance to have zero consequence from COVID infection. There are zero longterm studies on the effects of any mRNA vaccine. There is potential for insidious disease outcomes from mRNA use such as autoimmune disease and neoplasia. Thus the science and the history of medicine suggests that if you are in that category...you might consider a wait and see approach. People such as Elon Musk have rolled the dice in that direction. Happy to be in that group of thinking. Albeit myself at nearly 60 and wanting to travel...went in the opposite direction and got the vaccine.

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member