THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

IMPEACHED! For inciting sedition

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Will Donald John Trump become America's first Avignon POTUS

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Donald John Trump become America's first Avignon POTUS Login/Join 
one of us
posted
And if so, what will be the consequences??

Quien Sabe,

GWB

Posts: 23547 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Glen, there is little doubt but that he will continue to raise money from his supporters. He has found an ATM. I have to give the guy credit: He can brand himself and propagandize that brand to make money like none that I’ve ever heard of. He is a genius when it comes to this.

Posts: 6388 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Avignon

Well, Glen, you introed another word that I'm not familiar with.

Interestingly, when I looked it up, I found this:

https://www.nydailynews.com/ne...nd-article-1.1129452

In the genes? Seventh grader says bloodlines of 42 of 43 U.S. Presidents link back to King John of England

This includes Obama, who was not the exception

--------------------------------------------------------

Reality: Resistance is Futile.

---------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 11581 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's an article on the topic from Newsweek:

Can Donald Trump Create an Avignon Presidency? Constitutional Scholars Weigh In

https://www.newsweek.com/donal...nal-scholars-1548921

Also:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bD8j7?ocid=msedgntp

Trump Has Raised $200 Million Since Election while Playing Up Fraud Claims

Posts: 11581 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
Glen, there is little doubt but that he will continue to raise money from his supporters. He has found an ATM. I have to give the guy credit: He can brand himself and propagandize that brand to make money like none that I’ve ever heard of. He is a genius when it comes to this.

quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

Also:

As usual, Dinger obfuscates.

K-Bob, I appreciate your intellectual curiosity.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23547 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:

WRONG!

He is just a teeny weeny less stupid from the idiots who support him! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 53928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Also:

back at ya with a bit of a different perspective!

https://www.americanthinker.co...gnon_presidency.html

ya!

GWB

one of us
posted Hide Post
I read an article recently that talked about some deep permanent records, under the highest security clearance, containing the details unknown to the public about the goings on, and deals and corruption, of a POTUS and admin.

And the possibility of leaks should the security clearances become lax, under new admin.

Should Trump be worried?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:

back at ya with a bit of a different perspective!

https://www.americanthinker.co...gnon_presidency.html

ya!

GWB

"The Great Schism"

I don't like to click on the americanstinker links, but for the sake of civil discussion I did this time. I haven't read it all - yet, but I at least got to the part where it was all blamed on the democrats, and the reciprocation followed that like cause and effect.

That's a dog chasing its tail. It's a never ending story - circular, and where we are today is wher it leads and will only get worse.

Hers's an obscure article that popped up in my search on the word:

Think about how little has changed since 2012.

https://readersupportednews.or...e-avignon-presidency

Failure of the Avignon Presidency

======================================================

And it's gotten worse:

https://readersupportednews.or...of-georgia-elections

https://readersupportednews.or...es-completely-insane

He's gone completely nutz

https://readersupportednews.or...side-the-white-house

Running a direct mail scam from inside the WH

======================================================

Of course he will continue to run the scam from Florida. There's too much joy, power and money in it for him to quit.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I read an article recently that talked about some deep permanent records, under the highest security clearance, containing the details unknown to the public about the goings on, and deals and corruption, of a POTUS and admin.

And the possibility of leaks should the security clearances become lax, under new admin.

Should Trump be worried?

I'm not familiar with the subject you broach, so I am unable to give a thoughtful reply.

I'm more worried about the "schism" that is affecting the body politic in the USA than the ultimate personal fate of the Orange Man.

The "Left" (as an inclusive term) refused to accept the results of the 2016 election, and the reshaping of the world order put into place after WWII.

Folks on the right believe the 2020 election was "stolen".

You and I are both Americans, but we have polar opposite world views, each in reality antithetical to the other. However, we've been able to remain civil in our discourse. I fear that that may not be possible for our Republic with continuing polarization.

I've mentioned before the bromide, there is the jury box, the ballot box, and the cartridge box........

I pray that the current schism in the body politic does not result in violent conflict on a national scale.

BTW, DJT is an adult and is responsible for his own behavior. Fortunately or unfortunately, his decisions have a multiplied effect greater than most.

I have noted over the span of near 69 years, with some folks "the buck stops here". Others seem to be able to "get away with murder.

Ya!

GWB

one of us
posted Hide Post
President Fuck-Tard will shortly be relegated to the dust-bin of history. His presidency will be remembered as the worst in American history....he's not getting the election result overturned. He's not getting re-elected in 2024. Once he's out of office and he no longer has the shiney nickel of the presidency, his allure to retards like Glenn and the rest of the cult here will rapidly fade.

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.

-Mark Twain

Posts: 9978 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, Glen, IMO that was a fairly reasonable post, coming from you; way toned down from some in the past.

You say "the left refused to accept the results of the 2016 election". That's a false narrative. First, none of us had any choice in "accepting" the results. Well, I say that but I mean "accepting" and keeping in the realm of reality. Accepting that Trump is/was a legitimate POTUS, from the perspective of character and the FACT that there were outside influences.

What's happening now, as you characterize as justified reciprocation, through the false narrative is not only refusal to accept the election results, but that refusal is all part of a much bigger phenom of refusing reality.

quote:
BTW, DJT is an adult and is responsible for his own behavior. Fortunately or unfortunately, his decisions have a multiplied effect greater than most.

I have noted over the span of near 69 years, with some folks "the buck stops here". Others seem to be able to "get away with murder.

Trump's whole playbook is disruption, chaos, lies, disinformation. It's the Trump alt-reality show. There is no way the SOB could get away with it unless his con is working, and the only way it works is with support, and BTW to run the govt and especially the senate like an organized crime gang.

one of us
posted Hide Post
10/4,

I've mentioned before, that I'm the Rita Rudner of 'Crater" denizens!

But now I gotta jet!

there's gotta be some widows and orphans out there somewhere that this mean old capitalist needs to disposess.........

Will check your response this afternoon/eve!

ya!

GWB

one of us
posted Hide Post
America's first presidential Reality tv star. Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 606 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
President Fuck-Tard will shortly be relegated to the dust-bin of history. His presidency will be remembered as the worst in American history....he's not getting the election result overturned. He's not getting re-elected in 2024. Once he's out of office and he no longer has the shiney nickel of the presidency, his allure to retards like Glenn and the rest of the cult here will rapidly fade.

But no doubt - the Trump alt-reality con show will continue, and probably grow. There's too much money in it. And there's Hannity and Carlson and newsmax and americanstinker, etc., to amplify for a ready and willing and gullible audience.

These people, in part at least led by Trump, will continue to terrorize the nation and the world with their alt-reality.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
America's first presidential Reality tv star. Big Grin

Grizz

Alt-Reality star, and former president.

He's already abdicated his POTUS duties, and gone full on nutz with his alt-reality shit. And you can bet he's full-on preping for his next gig, with headquarters in Florida.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Also:

He found his cash cow while killing 275,000 Americans.

What a guy.

Hate liberals? Bite me.

Posts: 16221 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What we learned from the final 2020 fundraising reports

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bDFul?ocid=msedgdhp

The 2020 election is (almost) over, but on Thursday we got our latest look at just how it was funded. Post-election reports were due to the Federal Election Commission by midnight, giving us insight into how much was spent on winning and losing campaigns — and how much money is flowing to fights that persist.

Below, a few key takeaways:

1. Trump’s bonanza (but not much for legal fees)
The Washington Post’s Michelle Ye Hee Lee and Anu Narayanswamy have the full download on Trump’s report, which shows a post-election fundraising surge as Trump pushed baseless claims of voter fraud and pleaded for money to keep up the fight.

Trump raised more than $200 million in the three weeks between Election Day and Nov. 23, which is a record. The period included nearly 500 fundraising emails replete with baseless, incorrect and misleading claims.

But one thing Trump hasn’t spent much money on thus far? Actual legal fees. That is expected to rise in his next report, but this one reinforces the very real monetary value of his continuing to press his baseless case — outside of contesting the 2020 election:

2. Trump declines to dig into his own pockets
One person who hasn’t ponied up for the effort? Trump himself.

In September, Trump said that he would fund his own campaign — as he did in 2016 to some extent — if need be. “If I have to, I will,” Trump said. “Whatever it takes, we have to win.”

Bloomberg reported at the time that Trump was privately floating putting $100 million into his reelection, which would’ve been more than the $66 million he self-funded in 2016.

But despite his narrow loss in the decisive states and his plea for cash to overturn the results, Trump hasn’t put his money where his mouth was — or is. Trump made no contributions down the stretch or after the election, leaving his total personal investment in his 2020 effort at about $8,000.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Vichy Republicans...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 12150 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Should Trump be worried?

I'm not familiar with the subject you broach, so I am unable to give a thoughtful reply.

I'm more worried about the "schism" that is affecting the body politic in the USA than the ultimate personal fate of the Orange Man.

GWB

Here's a followup relating to what I'm talking about.

No doubt that Trump will purge, clean up, or scorch earth the records that may be used against him in the future, despite the law.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bEzL8?ocid=msedgdhp

Historians sue Trump administration to stop ‘bonfire of records in the Rose Garden’

one of us
posted Hide Post
Trump is reportedly planning a made-for-TV exit on Air Force One from the White House to a rally on Inauguration Day, hoping to pull viewers from Biden

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...cid=msedgdhp#image=1

President Donald Trump is planning a spectacular, made-for-TV exit from the White House in a bid to steal viewers from President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration, Axios reported Sunday, citing sources familiar with the talks.

According to the outlet, one scenario being discussed is having Trump boycott Biden's inauguration - in a break with America's democratic traditions - and attend a rally in Florida.

Under that plan, according to Axios, Trump would leave the White House on January 20 in Marine One then take Air Force One to Florida, where he would address his supporters at a rally timed to coincide with Biden's socially-distanced inauguration outside the US Capitol.

one of us
posted Hide Post
What a tiny, damaged little insecure man he is....just pathetic.

quote:
Trump is reportedly planning a made-for-TV exit on Air Force One from the White House to a rally on Inauguration Day, hoping to pull viewers from Biden

President Donald Trump is planning a spectacular, made-for-TV exit from the White House in a bid to steal viewers from President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration, Axios reported Sunday, citing sources familiar with the talks.

According to the outlet, one scenario being discussed is having Trump boycott Biden's inauguration - in a break with America's democratic traditions - and attend a rally in Florida.

Under that plan, according to Axios, Trump would leave the White House on January 20 in Marine One then take Air Force One to Florida, where he would address his supporters at a rally timed to coincide with Biden's socially-distanced inauguration outside the US Capitol.

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.

-Mark Twain

Posts: 9978 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
What a tiny, damaged little insecure man he is....just pathetic.

quote:

As I've mentioned on numerous occasions, "Opinions Vary"

Not all are on the same page as our Never-Trumpers, Regressivists and Marxist/Socialists that inhabit the "Crater"

Trump got some 74 million votes,

A view different from the Alphabet outlets............

https://theconservativetreehou.../2020/12/06/prepare/

ya!

GWB

one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

Say what you will about Trump . . . he never misses a chance to fail to rise to the occasion.

Mike

Posts: 18106 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

As I've mentioned on numerous occasions, "Opinions Vary"

Not all are on the same page as our Never-Trumpers, Regressivists and Marxist/Socialists that inhabit the "Crater"

Trump got some 74 million votes,

A view different from the Alphabet outlets............

https://theconservativetreehou.../2020/12/06/prepare/

ya!

GWB

Here's an opinion article that probably gets it right, past, present and future:

Trumpism will continue without Trump — but its leader is running on borrowed time
1 hr ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bHQh8?ocid=msedgdhp

One version of conventional wisdom holds that if the Republican establishment had tried harder to control Donald Trump, his supporters might have started to question him and he would have lost his stranglehold on the Republican base. We fondly recall those Republican leaders, led by the right-wing senator and former presidential nominee Barry Goldwater, going up to the White House to tell Richard Nixon it was over, or the Senate's vote to censure red-baiting Wisconsin Sen. Joseph McCarthy, as events that broke the fever and brought their rabid followers back to reality.

As far as Nixon is concerned, I don't think any of us should be soothed by that example. It was only six years later that the conservative movement that had been turbocharged by Goldwater's 1964 defeat reached the pinnacle of national power with the election of Ronald Reagan. The fever didn't break. It got stronger.

And according to an article in the Washington Post by Yale historian Beverly Gage, we might recall McCarthy as the most hated man in America, but he maintained the support of a third of the country even after he was driven out of politics in disgrace. I wrote last week about the GOP's reluctance to confront McCarthy (and Trump), out of both fear and opportunism. But Gage points out that out of that ignominious defeat, a new generation of right-wing activists was born. And she adds, ominously:

Something similar is likely to happen as Trump departs the Oval Office warning of elite conspiracies and rigged ballots, encouraging his base to see themselves as noble warriors against an illegitimate political order. While the Trump presidency will soon be over, the history of Trumpism is just beginning.

We don't often hear, she observes, about "the counter narrative that began to build among McCarthy's grass-roots supporters during those years, in which the sheer volume of criticism aimed at the senator became proof that he was right all along: that the country was, indeed, run by a menacing but elusive liberal-communist conspiracy aimed at taking down right-thinking, God-fearing Americans."

That certainly sounds familiar. Gage also notes that this began the construction of right-wing institutions that took advantage of the conspiratorial thinking that sprang from that era. Over the years they dropped poor old McCarthy from their list of mentors, replacing him with more respectable names like Goldwater and Reagan. But McCarthyism was the genesis of what came to be defined as the conservative movement.

Gage continues:

Trump's story of what happened in the 2020 election bears all the hallmarks of McCarthyite myth: conspiring elites, hidden corruption, even the threat of an imminent socialist takeover. And though Trump will no doubt leave office on Jan. 20, that story — and the powerful sense of grievance behind it — is sure to thrive in the years ahead ...

Today's Republican establishment may ultimately repudiate the man who has held it in thrall — and in fear — for four-plus years. But it is Trump's base, and their interpretation of his ouster from Washington, that will determine the future of Trumpism.

Trump held a rally in Georgia over the weekend, ostensibly to support the two Republican senators campaigning for the runoff election in January and gave his interpretation:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/st...-on-borrowed-time%2F

If you wanted a plain and simple definition of Trumpism, McCarthyism or any other version of the conspiracy-addled conservative mindset, there it is. This sense of grievance has been there for many decades now.

I don't know whether this will have legs, though. Trump's supporters are up in arms about what they've been told is a stolen election. They believe their leader when he tells them that he has proof and that his forces will prevail. It's hard to predict what they will do when confronted with the hard cold fact that Trump is no longer going to be president. This Tuesday marks the "safe harbor" deadline for the resolution of all electoral disputes, and the members of the Electoral College will cast their votes next Monday, Dec. 14. Trump's fans may enjoy playing victims, but when it comes to their leaders, they don't like losers.

As we consider whether Trump will retain his popularity with this base, I would just remind people that we've just recently seen a Republican president topple from dizzying heights of popularity that Trump has never come close to seeing. I'm speaking of George W. Bush, who entered the White House having lost the popular vote and won in the Electoral College, thanks to machinations in a state that was governed by his brother, along with an overtly partisan Supreme Court decision. He nonetheless entered office with a 57% approval rating, which soared to 90% after 9/11. Bush soon fell out of favor with Democrats after he launched the Iraq war, but Republicans adored him as fervently as they love Trump.

Bush flew high for years. The mainstream media extolled him as the second coming of Winston Churchill and Abraham Lincoln rolled into one. His cocksure declaration that the terrorists would "hear from us real soon" at the World Trade Center site had pundits swooning as if he had delivered FDR's "a day that will live in infamy" speech. He was perceived as a cowboy who liked to clear brush on his faux ranch in Texas, but also a guy but with a great arm who could "throw a strike" over the plate in the first Yankee game after the terrorist attack. A year or so later, he was seen as a fighter-pilot president who landed on the deck of an aircraft carrier, evoking hours of stomach-churning, sycophantic media coverage. Here's one of the most egregious examples from that day, a so-called commentary from Chris Matthews:

We're proud of our president. Americans love having a guy as president, a guy who has a little swagger, who's physical, who's not a complicated guy like Clinton. ... Women like a guy who's president. Check it out. The women like this war. I think we like having a hero as our president.

If you think Trump's rallies are filled with ecstatic followers, you don't remember the Bush events in 2004 in which he would land on the field on Marine One to the thundering strains of "The Natural" theme. By the way, Bush actually won his re-election campaign, unlike Donald Trump. And guess what happened after that? Within three years, his war was a train wreck, the economy was in free fall and he had bungled the horrific disaster of Hurricane Katrina. Then the global economy imploded and Bush became monumentally unpopular, seeing his approval rating sink as low as 25% by October 2008, just before the election of Barack Obama.

Will Trump's followers go the way the Bush-loving base once went? I don't know, but it's certainly possible. As I said, for all their grievances and feelings of victimization, Republicans don't like losers. And Donald Trump is most definitely a colossal, historic failure, whose pathetic attempts to pretend otherwise have sealed his legacy as the sorest loser in recent human history.

Unfortunately, whether they call themselves the conservative movement, the Reagan Revolution, proud patriots, the Tea Party, MAGA, Trumpism or something else, that rabid base will still be with us. They love to worship their leaders, but when they get tired of them they toss them out like yesterday's papers and start looking for the next one. But Wingnut Nation will live on, Trump or no Trump.

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Trump brings GOP along in dangerous final acts

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bHvEH?ocid=msedgdhp

37 mins ago

From the technical standpoint of a transition of power, the public opinion of congressional Republicans about whether President-elect Joe Biden will take office Jan. 20 matters almost not at all.

From the broader standpoint of democracy and faith in elections, it could not hardly matter more at this moment.

The process that so many Republicans have been saying they want to play out is rather thoroughly exhausted already. The next seven days bring significant deadlines, with Tuesday's congressional "safe harbor" deadline for state election results and next Monday's Electoral College voting the most significant.

His tweets and the 101 minutes President Donald Trump spent airing grievances and falsehoods in Georgia Saturday night made clear he will pursue his dangerous fictions right through the end of his presidency.

The good of the Republican Party -- and, of course, the good of the country -- are, at best, secondary considerations for the president at this point.

Some Republicans are trying to reframe questions about Biden's legitimacy as president-elect as though they are merely asking questions. Their suggestion is that democracy is threatened if people believe election irregularities have been ignored.

But far from being brushed aside, Trump's claims have been rejected in courthouses and state houses -- including by Republicans who have found themselves targeted by the president.

Ignoring that fact only sows more doubt in election integrity and legitimacy. And continuing to give Trump space to make wildly inaccurate and irresponsible claims will only solidify his hold on a party whose best interests have already begun to diverge from the president's.

one of us
posted Hide Post
[quote]rise to the occasion.[/quot

STORMY SAYS THE RISE WAS ONLY THAT FINGER IN SIZE..

HOW CAN HE MAN , CHEST POUNDING FASCISTS

FOLLOW MR ''CAN'T WHIP IT OUT''' \

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 25622 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Joe Scarborough Says Media Must Learn From Trump Era to 'Call a Fascist a Fascist'

2 hrs ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/ente...1bKhkI?ocid=msedgdhp

"I really hope over the next few years, we get to a point where commentators, columnists and historians can call a fascist a fascist," Scarborough said.

According to Scarborough, the lame-duck president is "the definition of fascist," as well as "a right wing nationalist who talks about a battle against the others, a guy who would tell Black members of Congress to go home, to go back where they're from."

The former Republican congressman said that when it comes to his friends, many of whom are Republicans, he's still "trying to figure out how they voted for a fascist" over a month after Trump lost the election to Joe Biden.

"Here's where I think I made the biggest mistake, and I don't know if ["Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski] feels this way or not," Scarborough said. :I think our obsession on Hillary Clinton and the emails, given everything that's happened over the past four years, looks ridiculous. If you had asked me in 2017, 'Should the New York Times, Washington Post, everybody, follow those emails?' I'd have said yes."

Now, he said, "given everything that Donald Trump and his administration has done, that's absolutely nothing."

Going forward, Scarborough told Heilemann that he and Brzezinski will be showing fewer clips of Trump and will instead be talking more about Biden.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Arizona GOP has gone full fascist:

The Arizona GOP asks supporters if they're willing to die to overturn Trump's election loss

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bKoNU?ocid=msedgdhp

This is fascism on display:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bKdH3?ocid=msedgdhp

one of us
posted Hide Post
What Brian Kemp reveals about Donald Trump's true nature

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bKwF8?ocid=msedgdhp

one of us
posted Hide Post
Melania Trump 'just wants to go home'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bMnvZ?ocid=msedgdhp

In mid-November, as President Donald Trump railed against the election results, his wife, first lady Melania Trump publicly agreed with his sentiments. But privately, a handful of days after the final state tally, the first lady tasked an emissary with discreetly finding out what was available to her in terms of budget and staff allocation for post-White House life.

"She just wants to go home," said another source familiar with Melania Trump's state of mind. Asked how the first lady feels about rumors her husband might announce a 2024 bid, the source added: "That might not go over well."

the first lady told Kelly to discreetly ask West Wing acquaintances and a member of the Office of Management and Budget whether there were taxpayer funds allocated to former first ladies

The short answer is no.

A smooth transition
Trump is now focused on Mar-a-Lago, a source said, ensuring a smooth transition out of Washington for herself and her 14-year-old-son, Barron, who one source confirms will finish his school year in Florida and not at the posh suburban Maryland private school he has attended for the last three years. While Trump has yet to concede, Melania Trump is already overseeing shipments of personal items to Mar-a-Lago from both the White House and her Trump Tower penthouse in New York City

Tham Kannalikham, the interior decorator Trump hired in 2017 to redesign the personal quarters of the White House executive residence when they moved in, has been for the last several weeks focused on the Trump "home" at Mar-a-Lago, said a source. That includes overseeing painting, new textiles and providing assistance for an aesthetic facelift for the space that will now be the family's permanent residence.

For a family used to several floors of Manhattan penthouse living, as the Trump's Trump Tower residence reflects, they are going to be considerably downsizing to reside at Mar-a-Lago, which is part of the reason the first lady is now further adjusting the private quarters, where, as in the White House, she has her own bedroom suite and dressing room. The Mar-a-Lago abode encapsulates approximately 3,000 square feet of the property's main building, a generous proportion for many families, but a relative studio apartment after living in the 55,000 square foot White House mansion.

"It will feel like staying full-time at a nice hotel," said Laurence Leamer, author of "Mar-a-Lago: Inside the Gates of Power at Donald Trump's Presidential Palace." "It's fine for a bit, sure, but can you imagine Donald Trump just sitting around there for six months of the year? It will start to feel confining very quickly."

Not to mention the steady stream of club members who will essentially walk past the former President's front door every time they wander from the pool to the dining room, or the spa to the patio.

"It will be the weirdest thing," said Leamer, who suggests if Trump is as wealthy has he claims to be, he should close the club and keep the entire mansion as his home.

A source with knowledge of preparations for Trump's arrival in January said there is currently "a really extensive Secret Service presence now," at Mar-a-Lago, as security elements are being assessed for Trump's long-term protection.

Melania Trump views Mar-a-Lago as a peaceful respite of sun, solitude and self-care.

"Her parents have a suite of rooms there as well, not far from the family quarters," said Leamer, who has spent ample time at Mar-a-Lago as a guest of several members. Viktor and Amalija Knavs, Trump's parents, stay at Mar-a-Lago often, and have done so for much of the two decades their daughter has been with Donald Trump.

The first lady also knows Mar-a-Lago is the one place her husband might find a sliver of the accolades he will likely require now that he has spent four years in the very public eye.

"She is aware he is not the kind of ex-President who will retreat to a quiet life of writing his memoir, or taking up oil painting," one of the sources said, referencing the post-White House habits of Barack Obama and George W. Bush.

"The members will bolster his ego," added Leamer, noting the loyalty of the Palm Beach set who belong to Mar-a-Lago, many of whom supported Trump throughout his presidency.

One source familiar adds the club's rituals when Trump makes one of his frequent visits "always" include the playing of "God Bless America" when Trump and Melania Trump enter the ballroom or outdoor patio for dinnertime.

"It is ... odd," the source said of the way Mar-a-Lago's nightly lounge singer switches from an ambient playlist of jazzed-up Andrew Lloyd Webber showtunes to a patriotic anthem, and everyone stands when Trump comes down to eat.

On Saturday at the Georgia rally, Trump told the crowd he would look forward to post-White House life at Mar-a-Lago.

"I'd go to Florida ... I'd take it easy," he said.

Melania Trump's future endeavors
The first lady's queries about funds for an office and staff would indicate she is thinking of establishing an official office after the White House, as most first ladies do, to continue initiatives or policy goals begun while their husbands are in office.

Trump's East Wing office has at approximately 12 people been the smallest staff in modern history.

As for the official Trump china, the first lady recently selected patterns and colors for hundreds of place settings, which is standard procedure for an outgoing first lady.

Presidential administration china has traditionally remained at the White House as part of the official collection and, dating as far back as President James Monroe, can be utilized by future administrations. However, a source familiar with the order said Melania Trump is not relying on the White House Historical Association to pick up the tab for the set, which is not a requirement, but it is an option.

A full official administration china service is not an inexpensive endeavor.

The Obama china, planning for which began in 2011, was delivered in 2015, the color inspired by the blue waters off of Hawaii. There were 320-settings of 11 pieces each, costing more than $350,000. Laura Bush's china selection totaled 4,500 pieces and was also well into six-figures. (Bush ordered an additional, less-formal 75-place settings to use for entertaining in the private residence, which was not paid for by the White House Historical Association.)

Melania Trump has most commonly opted to borrow place settings from the official Clinton china set for her White House events, the two Trump-hosted state dinners included. There are 300-place settings of apropos ornate, shiny gold plates and dishware selected by Hillary Clinton when she was first lady.

Whether Trump's personal choice reflects the ostentatiousness of the Trump era, only the future will tell.