New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Chinese Commie is busy, busy, busy Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
May all such malign actors go to Hades ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55168633

I love dogs so much more than people.

Posts: 13693 | Location: Alamogordo, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you seen the doctored photo the chinese are spreading of the Australian soldier? Things are getting ugly and dirty tricks are at play.
Some years back- 20 or so, My family was doing business in China. We had a chinese person coming to NZ who didnt speak english so we hired a kiwi chinese girl as translator. Sitting at the airport and two men walk up to her and pull her aside and have a stern discussion in Chinese.
She was quite shaken and came back and said they were from the Chinese govt and they had just warned her that she had dealt with someone with links to Taiwan and that she must stop that association.
This stuff is not new and their state influence is everywhere.

Posts: 1302 | Location: North Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And Joe Biden loves em!

And owes them........

Posts: 38256 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a tough one. You want successful people running a country. Yet there is a line that should not be crossed and there should be a very open disclosure for anyone who has business holdings etc in other countries. Especially countries of such great power.
I would almost say that any such contact should have a litmus test to pass before an individual is allowed to run for high office.

Posts: 1302 | Location: North Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really hope that biden has good advisors and listens, which I tend to think he will. I do not see him as prepared to work against his country.
As an outsider, I have not much faith in the Us president, but massive faith in your overall system. There are good people in places where it ought to count.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw an article recently about China and long term planning relating to rare earth metals, etc.

Here's an article from 2018. I'll see if I can find the more recent article.

China Has a Secret Weapon in the Race to Dominate Electric Cars

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-china-cobalt/

Over the past two years, cobalt has emerged as one of the hottest commodities of the electric-vehicle revolution. The silvery-blue metal, an important component in lithium-ion batteries, has more than doubled in price, making carmakers and tech giants fret about securing their future needs.

The focus on the metal has turned a spotlight on the obscure supply chain that takes cobalt produced in mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Canada or Morocco, and ultimately delivers cobalt-containing batteries to companies from Samsung Electronics Co. to Volkswagen AG. That supply chain is dominated by Chinese companies.

Here's something from Oct 2020

https://www.fpri.org/article/2...-why-we-should-care/

--------------------------------------------------------

Reality: Resistance is Futile.

---------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 11530 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
And Joe Biden loves em!

And owes them........

Trump loves them.

He even has a secret bank account there. clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 53868 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Not to mention his real estate deals in Russia. Somehow this does not seem to trouble some folks here.

I love dogs so much more than people.

Posts: 13693 | Location: Alamogordo, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote