THE ACCURATE RELOADING FORUMS

Congratulations to President Biden

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Do Democrats ever question why they don't do any good in rural areas
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do Democrats ever question why they don't do any good in rural areas Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Same in Australia but more so. The Labor party in both state and Federal elections win 0 seats in the rural areas.

Why do Democrats and Labor voters happily vote against what not only puts food on the table but also big exporters.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Puzzling, isn't it?

All I can figure is they can consume lots of pablum and spew it but want nothing to do with being productive.

~Ann

Posts: 15687 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Declining numbers of Americans have any clue where their food comes from or what it takes to produce it.
More and more Americans know only the urban experience and are cut off from having to solve practical problems on a daily basis -- even simple things like fixing a fence, starting a fire or building a sawbuck for cutting firewood. And firewood? Is that that stuff the summer camp counselor split using some kind of sharp instrument? It looked dangerous ...
And on and on.
Deomocrats grow thick and fast in this petri dish of urban helplessness.

I love dogs so much more than people.

Posts: 13727 | Location: Alamogordo, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
this

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
Order AR/AccRel Brass
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 35136 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Apart from where food comes from what beats me with the Labor/Democrat supporters/voters is they seem to have no idea about exports. In Australia the ever creeping regulations means it costs more and more to farm whether for cattle/sheep of crops.

This increased cost has resulted in a big increase in imported foods from guess where, that's right, China. Then these same fucked up Labor voters complain about all the food (all types) imported from China yet the same fuckers vote to increase farming costs. They even complain because of cost of local Australian food and they can't afford it.

i reckon it would be the same situation in America with Democrats.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dunno, it seems like farming is doing OK in the US.

Not noticing any food shortages.

You Aussies having a hard time finding something to eat?

Yet another made-up position without any factual support.

-Our long national nightmare is over.

Posts: 10011 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Farms going out everyday in the USA, more foods being imported then ever. Inert gas has made it viable to ship fruit and produce long distances, where once it never could be.

one of us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
There are many reasons

1. Urban areas have more poor & working class people. This group used to be more unionised & voted accordingly. Though unions are less of a factor in most cases, that political leaning remains.

2. Farmers in most western countries have traditionally been conservative, religious, and a closed community. They tend to be more parochial. They vote accordingly.

3. Education - Rural folk are less well educated as a general rule - percentage wise.

4. Women - far more urban women are independent, educated, career oriented etc. May be changing a bit among rural women now ...

5. Just plain parochial, secluded and not caring about the wider world - typical small town or rural mindset in most countries around the world. They have lots of opinions but little understanding. Just listen to a political discussion among rural folk in a pub anywhere - the earth is flat, the suit and tie guy is crooked and will take your farm etc.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 10713 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
this

Nice piece of meat there rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 53974 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
There are many reasons

1. Urban areas have more poor & working class people. This group used to be more unionised & voted accordingly. Though unions are less of a factor in most cases, that political leaning remains.

2. Farmers in most western countries have traditionally been conservative, religious, and a closed community. They tend to be more parochial. They vote accordingly.

3. Education - Rural folk are less well educated as a general rule - percentage wise.

4. Women - far more urban women are independent, educated, career oriented etc. May be changing a bit among rural women now ...

5. Just plain parochial, secluded and not caring about the wider world - typical small town or rural mindset in most countries around the world. They have lots of opinions but little understanding. Just listen to a political discussion among rural folk in a pub anywhere - the earth is flat, the suit and tie guy is crooked and will take your farm etc.

Naki

The question is why do so many city people and especially inner city vote Labor/Democrat and hence against the economy of farming. I don't know about New Zealand but I am pretty sure the city/Democrat in the US is like city/Labor in Australia.

These people must be fucking stupid to vote against food on the table and very big exports. These same clowns complain about so much imported food in the supermarket.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
why? they consider the "fly over" states to be full of deplorables

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
Order AR/AccRel Brass
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 35136 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are many reasons

I do not think that this is the case here in the western USA. I know damn few ranchers/farmers who do not have a college degree. They are practically forced to be educated to deal with farm finances, commodity prices, and government policies/programs that effect every day of their lives and livelihood.

Most rural people are more conservative and community oriented that urbanites. Further, they are much more self reliant than urbanites. And they produce something - food, timber, minerals, etc. Consequently, they see urbanites as less productive, far less self reliant and frankly, they are suspicious when told they must live their lives within the values and mores of the urban areas of the west or east coast urbanites. They strongly resent these values and mores that become rules, laws or conditions upon them and their communities... as well they should. This is the main reason for the great divide in American politics.

Posts: 750 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I get a good chuckle over Naki showing what an idiot he is.
Maybe 2 generations ago his ramblings had merit.
The regulations, constantly changing, the need to write grants, country and world market changes. To get through even half of that, at least some part of all small rural businesses members have a college education. That includes farms, loggers, shops, contractors,landscapers and so on. I expect as many business degrees per capita in rural areas as cities.
Coffee shop talk is US and world issues that are part of the impact of free markets.
Naki, you are one stupid moron with your BS knowledge of the USA.

one of us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Oooy Mick

As usual you miss the point. Your question is very closed and has many presupposition that lead to prejudiced conclusions.

Farmers produce food. OK

Wage workers provide services. They make goods. OK?

Wage workers earn money and buy food that the farmers produce.

Farmers sell their produce and make money to buy the products and services that wage workers produce / provide. OK?

To correct your quote "These people must be fucking stupid to vote against food on the table products and services and very big exports reducing imports . These same clowns complain about so much imported food goods in the super market while they depend on imported machinery"

There - how does that read? You may be in farming but you do not understand how the economy works.

Most Farmers the world over seem to be an entitled and whining lot. They want subsidies, no agricultural income tax, no regulation on polluting streams and water ways. They want the government and other tax payers to hold them up.

And then they vote for bigotry, racism, slavery, corruption, misogyny and worse.

All the whining and whinging from farmers is worse than all the pig farms in the country! stir

quote:
Originally posted by Mike McGuire:
quote:
There are many reasons

Naki

The question is why do so many city people and especially inner city vote Labor/Democrat and hence against the economy of farming. I don't know about New Zealand but I am pretty sure the city/Democrat in the US is like city/Labor in Australia.

These people must be fucking stupid to vote against food on the table and very big exports. These same clowns complain about so much imported food in the supermarket.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

one of us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Oh ye enlightened and wise one! Hear ye, hear ye!

Wilt though by they grace, look at the statistical data of your own government. It just might show how wrong thou art. Education levels are far higher in urban areas.

quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I get a good chuckle over Naki showing what an idiot he is.
Maybe 2 generations ago his ramblings had merit.
The regulations, constantly changing, the need to write grants, country and world market changes. To get through even half of that, at least some part of all small rural businesses members have a college education. That includes farms, loggers, shops, contractors,landscapers and so on. I expect as many business degrees per capita in rural areas as cities.
Coffee shop talk is US and world issues that are part of the impact of free markets.
Naki, you are one stupid moron with your BS knowledge of the USA.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not talking useless lib arts degrees, I said business degrees didn't I. asswipe.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Naki is just a flipping idiot! Why anyone answers anything the moron posts is just beyond me?????

Posts: 38331 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
His biggest downfall is his own ego. He thinks he's the smartest person he knows. He will never follow up on a stat he spews.
For the last 12 yrs or so, how many news stories do we here about the un-employed college 20-30 somethings yr olds moving back home to live in the basement. They wont take a job below what they think they are worth, own nothing but debt.
A 20 something year old journeyman can talk about mortgages, investments, and job costs.
To think college gives someone any brains at all in life is ludicrous.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I guess your description of "education" differs from mine.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:

A shining example of the educational superiority of the urban folk would be AOC's constituents, who undoubtedly have all earned PHDs.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 6579 | Location: Retired and on the road, baby! | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
this

Nice piece of meat there rotflmo

Soylent green.

one of us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
For those who are capable of debating without name calling and bullying - for those few.

Education is defined by all government and institutional departments and by laws.

You have educated people like teachers, lawyers, nurses, lab technicians, electricians, computer network installers, other tradies like builders, machine operators, mechanics, hospital tech staff, and many more. You also have print technicians, insurance officers, bankers and much more. You have police officers, ambulance paramedics and more. ALL these people have education beyond high school. Some may be college degree holders. I have not even mentioned doctors or college professors or other researchers. ..... there I just mentioned them

Many of these services and jobs are just not available / needed in the rural areas (or to the same scale / degree) as in towns and cities.

You don't need a college degree to understand that or to bust the hateful lies.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure, rural areas have no teachers, mechanics, electricians etc.
We just sit in our caves and rub sticks together hoping for fire to start.
Keep talking Naki, you sound dumber all the time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I thinks what Nakihunter means is that when living in a city to make yourself succesfull there a formel education is required.
Fastdraw , roping and broncbusting won’t feed you in Chicago and is not needed(maybe fastdraw is needed in that city)...
Education can take many forms without a piece of paper to prove your skills...but its easier to verify the trials the student have undergone during his or her education.
Growing up on a farm one learn to do things yourself because otherwise things don’t get done by it self. That gives a different approach to life And one becomes more pragmatic.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2656 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:

...which is exactly the opposite of his intent...

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 6579 | Location: Retired and on the road, baby! | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
YOU sit in a cave and never paid attention to your teachers Wink

Did you actually READ my post? What did you NOT understand from this?

"Many of these services and jobs are just not available / needed in the rural areas ( or to the same scale / degree ) as in towns and cities "

Now let us ask the question again - Who is the DUMB ONE? Confused

quote:
Sure, rural areas have no teachers, mechanics, electricians etc.
We just sit in our caves and rub sticks together hoping for fire to start.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Naki I'm mildly curious - how many years have you/did you live in the US?

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have difficulty reconciling any of this, especially the premise of the OP, and much that follows.

"question why they don't do any good in rural areas?"

It's not about questioning, but about acknowledging the diverse views on practically everything.

The OP seems to presume that there is something wrong with all the diversity, and somehow it ought to be fixed - I don't know how.

Diverse views are just is. That's what we have to work with. Why can't you conservatives get that?

I still believe that the "system" can accommodate diversity, and thrive.

The only thing I can see that's a harmful barrier to that is what conservativism has morphed into.

And that's the problem. The diversity is not the problem - it just is. Deal with it.

--------------------------------------------------------

Reality: Resistance is Futile.

---------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 11679 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I have lived on earth for 64 years which is a lot more than you have.

My understanding of global issues is far greater than any narrow minded, parochial & prejudiced Right wing GOP troll. I have actually studied the US constitution and its Political economy and passed a degree on the subject.

That includes those who claim to be PH in Namibia or Investment experts! Wink

BTW your personal attacks and insults have lowered your moral and intellectual standing to the level of zero! rotflmo

quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:

one of us
posted Hide Post
My point is Naki,
all of those things you listed are needed in rural areas, on a scale of per capita. That's what made it such a stupid post.
You are so out of touch with anything but your dick, you need to stick to NZ topics.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi FRENULUM HUNTER - over the years have met numerous NATIVE South Island Kiwis, all of whom would scrape your opinions off their boots like, well, you know.
Thought I'd use all caps like GRANDPABLOWZ.

one of us
posted Hide Post
So you have no practical insight whatsoever.

Thanks, that explains everything.

quote:
I have lived on earth for 64 years which is a lot more than you have.

My understanding of global issues is far greater than any narrow minded, parochial & prejudiced Right wing GOP troll. I have actually studied the US constitution and its Political economy and passed a degree on the subject.

That includes those who claim to be PH in Namibia or Investment experts! Wink

BTW your personal attacks and insults have lowered your moral and intellectual standing to the level of zero! rotflmo

quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As my father in law is a DC appeals court judge
there is nothing Naki can come up with that I don't know more about then him as far as the constitution.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
there is nothing Naki can come up with that I don't know more about then him as far as the constitution.

But he learned about it in school! That makes it more valid than your knowledge. I've crossed paths with a few folks that know my business better than I do because they had a degree. Me, I'm just a dumbass that's been doing it for 40 years, what the heck do I know?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 788:
quote:

But he learned about it in school! That makes it more valid than your knowledge. I've crossed paths with a few folks that know my business better than I do because they had a degree. Me, I'm just a dumbass that's been doing it for 40 years, what the heck do I know?

788: You know a lot more than most as you have likely worked very hard over the past many years. I have 2 degrees that I’d say increased my knowledge of my trade by a few percentage points. Did they really increase my knowledge? Not by much.

My uncle left school at 16 I believe. He is one of the most successful people I know. I have discussed business and asked for a lot of advice from him. The reason I did so was based on his success, not some degree....

Posts: 1855 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
quote:
Originally posted by 788:
quote:

788: You know a lot more than most as you have likely worked very hard over the past few years. I have 2 degrees that I’d say increased my knowledge of my trade by a few percentage points. Did they really increase my knowledge? Not by much.

My uncle left school at 16 I believe. He is one of the most successful people I know. I have discussed business and asked for a lot of advice from him. The reason I did so was based on his success, not some degree....

I think you can divide degrees into two basic type. Things like Law, Arts and business stuff are much about a filter, a type of person. Plenty of people without a law degree can for example read a contract much better than any lawyer, they have a flair for doing that but the lawyer has proved he a is a type person because he can go through to the end to qualify.

The you have the stuff like medicine/dentistry/vetinary, chemistry, physicist, engineer, pure or applied mathematics and so on. A very different thing.

one of us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Penis envy eh! LOL rotflmo

How dumb is your post.

Per capita does not always work mate.

As demographics change - I mean population density, age profile, distibution etc. - the level of specialiasation also varies. You do not have higher level courts in small rural areas. You do not have Police superintendents or Cardiothorasic surgeons in such rural areas. Same with may be high school teachers, professors, trial layers, computer engineers and much more.

That is why people in rural areas travel to a city for specialist treatment, see a senior lawyer or buy some specialised sophisticated equipment.

On the other hand there is not much demand in the city for a tractor, a combine etc.

quote:
My point is Naki,
all of those things you listed are needed in rural areas, on a scale of per capita. That's what made it such a stupid post.
You are so out of touch with anything but your dick, you need to stick to NZ topics.

one of us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Did your South Island mate perform surgery on his wife like he puts rings on his sheep?

Oh, may be the wife put the ring on him!

What did she scrape off after that? rotflmo

quote:
Originally posted by tom o:
Hi FRENULUM HUNTER - over the years have met numerous NATIVE South Island Kiwis, all of whom would scrape your opinions off their boots like, well, you know.
Thought I'd use all caps like GRANDPABLOWZ.

one of us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
For people with some credible intellect and moral compass - have you really looked at the voting numbers by district?

Just look at what happened in Pennsylvania. Here are some key take away points

1. Total turnout was about 12% higher than 2016
2. Philadelphia region was up by only 3%
3. Most of the increase in votes was in mostly "red" districts
4. Biden's winning margin in Philadelphia was less than Hilary's
5. Therefore the conclusion is that Biden actually got a lot more votes from the RURAL districts, though they were majority for Trump
6. Biden won because of the swing among voters in RURAL areas

It is possible that the same thing happened in Arizona though the real issue there was that Trump's suicidal insults against McCain were the tipping factor.

May be the OP's heading needs to be reviewed. Biden may have won this election because of the RURAL votes! Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is always you MO naki.
First you post how a mechanic is listed as higher education by the gov. Then higher ed. only counts if you are a heart surgeon.
You are a deceitful little prick that cant stay on your own topic when you are being shown what as ass you are.