New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the bickering. Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted
We all (or most of us) visit this web site because we like hunting/shooting sports/outdoor sports, etc. I have 30+ rifles to back this up. IMHO, it’s time to put aside partisan bickering and concentrate on preserving our second amendment rights. I’m not thrilled to see Joe as President elect, but we need to concentrate on preserving our right to keep and bear arms. We all believe in this sacred right and we are all responsible gun owners. We need to concentrate on preserving our rights. I think we can all agree that these rights transcend who sits in the Oval Office. Let’s fight the good fight.

Happy Thanksgiving. Lee

Posts: 6563 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great post! I agree.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The next four years will probably be a sore trial for keeping the laws no worse than they are already. It will be necessary to negotiate.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 12170 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
We all (or most of us) visit this web site because we like hunting/shooting sports/outdoor sports, etc. I have 30+ rifles to back this up. IMHO, it’s time to put aside partisan bickering and concentrate on preserving our second amendment rights. I’m not thrilled to see Joe as President elect, but we need to concentrate on preserving our right to keep and bear arms. We all believe in this sacred right and we are all responsible gun owners. We need to concentrate on preserving our rights. I think we can all agree that these rights transcend who sits in the Oval Office. Let’s fight the good fight.

Happy Thanksgiving. Lee

Excellent thought Lee!

Posts: 38331 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:

Happy Thanksgiving. Lee

Bickering you call it-

IF you voted for him-

Whether you “like” Biden or not, is irrelevant.
YOU voted against your right to keep and bear arms.

Much akin to releasing the Kraken then pleading for help-

Have no fear, those of us that held our noses and voted for Trump
WILL do all we can to help preserve our rights
As well as yours

We will now just have to work even harder-
NO THANKS to those Biden voting “responsible gun owners”
now pleading for assistance against a monster they voted to unleash

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 3393 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

Happy Thanksgiving. Lee

Exceptional of you to say!
( I pretty much thought you were pretty cool anyway.)

Truthfully, this nation has become too large and too diverse. The AOC's of the USA have no idea where the Texans are coming from and the Texans can't wholly understand where the Alaskans are coming from. The "melting pot" is no longer warm enough to blend anything.

I just bought a ruger mark 4 and am about to apply for a suppressor for it. Not a damned person outside of AR and or Alaska understands why.

This nation is headed for a fall. A "Free People" won't live under the onerous thumb of the tyrannous New Yorkers, Californians and New Jersey-ites.

Posts: 6347 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maintaining gun rights is high on the scale of things as important, surly. But IMO it's not at the top of the list.

Given the two posts quoted below, as examples, I don't call the division of opinions "bickering".

When you have those who would elect a monster, a fascist wannabe, based solely on whatever is at the top of his list; religion, gun rights, hate gays or immigrants, make America yesteryear hard core against momentum, deny climate change, and ignore or believe his outrageous lies, etc., and firmly believe the opposition are demons, the dispute that will ensue is not bickering.

There will be no end to it until the hard core simmer down.

Again, Gun rights are very important, but as the Bible says (something like) What have you gained if you have the whole world, and lose your soul?

What have you gained if you have all the gun rights in the world, and lose the soul of the country; the Founder's Dream?

quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:

Happy Thanksgiving. Lee

Bickering you call it-

IF you voted for him-

Whether you “like” Biden or not, is irrelevant.
YOU voted against your right to keep and bear arms.

Much akin to releasing the Kraken then pleading for help-

Have no fear, those of us that held our noses and voted for Trump
WILL do all we can to help preserve our rights
As well as yours

We will now just have to work even harder-
NO THANKS to those Biden voting “responsible gun owners”
now pleading for assistance against a monster they voted to unleash

--------------------------------------------------------

Reality: Resistance is Futile.

---------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 11679 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
I don’t like either of them. The one who wants to tax firearms out of existence didn’t get my vote. I held my nose and voted for Trump. Nowhere on my ballot does it say I need kiss his ass.

Posts: 6563 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You aren't required to kiss his ass. Others will sufficiently do that for you, and with the power, metaphorical ass kissing is a moot point. Do you think dissention or neutrality had any power in Germany or Italy in the 30s and 40s?

Posts: 11679 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yeah,,, those poor bastards.

they probably should have fought back before they were disarmed and forced to starve to death in those ghetto's.

Posts: 3545 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
yeah,,, those poor bastards.

they probably should have fought back before they were disarmed and forced to starve to death in those ghetto's.

That's all part and essence to the fantasy. Like the old, fat farts walking around, in cammo, in the militia outings, with their ARs hung around their necks, fantasizing about shooting blacks and liberals, claiming to be the true patriots, and solely responsible for saving the republic, not having a clue that they are part and parcel of what's destroying it.

Do you really think the German citizens hording guns would have saved them from Hitler?

It's another disconnect from reality.

Tell the truth. Most of this talk about preserving gun rights as a natural right not to be infringed, is not really about guns at all. It's about the ideological fantasy, and guns are just a symbol.

"The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato (~427 BC - ~347 BC), Greek philosopher and Mathematician

Updated to nowadays:

The price of nihilism towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. Magine Enigam (1948 ADC ~ )

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kabob, you are a coward. Many times you write of backing down to any confrontation where there might be even a verbal conflict when not protected by a computer screen.
You have no idea what's in the hearts of any other old or fat person with a rifle. You assume it's a front, because that is what is inside your heart. Many countries have shown what even a lesser number of people can do when armed and their hearts are strong. You can't accept what you don't have in yourself.

one of us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
"Coward"

..and a fool, a "progressive" fool.

He has company, too, in all of our forum members who, likewise, voted for the Harris-Biden ticket.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 6579 | Location: Retired and on the road, baby! | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
you gained if you have all the gun rights in the world, and lose the soul of the country; the Founder's Dream?

The plan of the puppet master guy, putin that is, is to have the country as a

russian province using the gunowners with a fascist syndrome, the

hate libs, hate immigrants, hate minorities, etc, to

do it and run it for him..I said earlier they will tell the nuts that

they russia, hate the same things that the nuts do, IE the fascist manifesto,

and the fascist nuts will take it over for them... russia will have their

USA province and not one russian soldier or weapon involved...

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 25655 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bickering or Surplusage????

Surplusage abounds!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23547 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Surplusage

That's one of the things I like about you. You intro words that are not familiar to me, and most importantly Ideas too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surplusage

Believe it or not, I think I actually like you. I think fundamentally you are a good guy. It's just that ideology has its grip on you.

one of us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
There will be no end to it until the hard core simmer down.

Holy crap
ME --
The perhaps HARDEST core leftist here-

Every human being has a sovereign right to defend their life.

I need no one's permission to defend my life and the lives of those around me-

BY ANY means-

Including firearms.

NO government has the right to deny that right

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

one of us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t like either of them. The one who wants to tax firearms out of existence didn’t get my vote. I held my nose and voted for Trump. Nowhere on my ballot does it say I need kiss his ass.

Thank you for your effort

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Kabob, you are a coward.

You have no idea what's in the hearts of any other old or fat person with a rifle. You assume it's a front, because that is what is inside your heart.

It's not my heart. It's my intuition, which is my mind.

I do not assume it's a front. I assume that it is utterly sincere. I have a very keen idea of where the old farts, and others, are coming from, because I've been there. And I'm surrounded with it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
Surplusage

That's one of the things I like about you. You intro words that are not familiar to me, and most importantly Ideas too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surplusage

Believe it or not, I think I actually like you. I think fundamentally you are a good guy. It's just that ideology has its grip on you.

I once was one of the folk your mother warned you about.

These days I'm saved, sometimes shaved, and mostly well-behaved.

Iconoclast.......Sacred cows make the best hamburger, but sometimes the meat can be hard to swallow!

Heading out to perforate some hoglets again tomorrow.

Best to you and yours!

ya!

GWB

PS:

Posts: 23547 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with the OP.

I can sympathize with the folks who voted for Biden due to their deep disagreement or dislike of Trump.

Somehow, I think that’s the majority of the folks who voted for Biden.

Yet the Democrats think they have a “mandate” to reverse everything Trump has done, including for the most part holding the line on gun control.

Looks to me, with the folks who Biden is proposing for many posts in his cabinet that this will be a mirror image of the Trump term, complete to denigrating their political opponents.

So much for a return to dignity, decency, and a sane government.

I hope he changes course once things start happening with running the country, but so far I don’t think it will happen.

Posts: 6251 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So much for a return to dignity, decency, and a sane government.

Well, at least we hope for the same/sane thing. Trump was definitely not it.

I'm a little disappointed that Biden hasn't appointed more new people. But he has appointed experience.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kabob, you are a coward. Many times you write of backing down to any confrontation where there might be even a verbal conflict when not protected by a computer screen.
You have no idea what's in the hearts of any other old or fat person with a rifle. You assume it's a front, because that is what is inside your heart. Many countries have shown what even a lesser number of people can do when armed and their hearts are strong. You can't accept what you don't have in yourself.

He is the worst type of coward......and second worst idiot! Gramps gets first!

Posts: 38331 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lee, again you are right on the money

President Trump did several things I didn't like at all! Spent too much. Didn't lift the stupid elephant ban.....

But he was the right choice of the two.

Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I once was one of the folk your mother warned you about.

These days I'm saved, sometimes shaved, and mostly well-behaved.

Ya still have it in you, and IMO always will.

That's okay, with proper recognition.

I too have a wild side. I tamed it, but not before it hurt.

one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grandpasez:
quote:
you gained if you have all the gun rights in the world, and lose the soul of the country; the Founder's Dream?

The plan of the puppet master guy, putin that is, is to have the country as a

russian province using the gunowners with a fascist syndrome, the

hate libs, hate immigrants, hate minorities, etc, to

do it and run it for him..I said earlier they will tell the nuts that

they russia, hate the same things that the nuts do, IE the fascist manifesto,

and the fascist nuts will take it over for them... russia will have their

USA province and not one russian soldier or weapon involved...

Once again, senility rears it’s ugly head. cuckoo 2020

PUTIN DID IT,PUTIN DID IT,PUTIN DID IT! What a moron... space

Posts: 9036 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

And I will continue to back down (avoid) in confrontation over politics and religion in person.

IMO such confrontation is stupid and meaningless and futile.

As demonstrated herein, the changing of minds is very rare. So, what's the point of personal confrontation?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
defend my life and the lives those around me

SO ... IF ... SOCIETY ...

SAYS ... YOU ... WEAR ...MASK ...

TO ... PROTECT ... MY ... LIFE ....

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
posted Hide Post
SO ... IF ... SOCIETY ...

SAYS ... AR15 BUYER ...GET ...CHECKED ...

TO ... PROTECT ... MY ... LIFE ....

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

And I will continue to back down (avoid) in confrontation over politics and religion in person.

IMO such confrontation is stupid and meaningless and futile.

As demonstrated herein, the changing of minds is very rare. So, what's the point of personal confrontation?

Agree 100%!

Crazyhorse and I simply stopped being cross with each other a year or so before he died and it seemed to work just fine. If he said something I thought was just bananas I ignored it and I'd guess he did the same for me. We never discussed it at all but that seemed to be what happened and what worked and I'm certainly happy he passed not being mad at me.

M.E. and I disagree on quite a bit and yet we don't share any cross words. Seems great to me.

There's no up side to being hostile or aggressive on AR.

Posts: 6347 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
your life doesn't matter to anyone but you.
protect yourself you moron.

Posts: 3545 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Crazyhorse and I simply stopped being cross with each other a year or so before he died and it seemed to work just fine. If he said something I thought was just bananas I ignored it and I'd guess he did the same for me. We never discussed it at all but that seemed to be what happened and what worked and I'm certainly happy he passed not being mad at me.

That's an interesting figment.

I think it would be interesting if he could participate in this forum, with his POV. From all I've read about Crazyhorse, he was a true mystic.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
your life doesn't matter to anyone but you.
protect yourself you moron.

That's an example of the conservative nihilism that I've been talking about. It runs Deep.

one of us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's an interesting figment.

I think it would be interesting if he could participate in this forum, with his POV. From all I've read about Crazyhorse, he was a true mystic.

Crazyhorse was a Contrarian in the Webster's Dictionary sense. Crazyhorse was cross to be cross, disagreed to disagree and prickly like a rose bush.

All his hunting reports were very positive and his missus seemed very fond of him. Crazyhorse was also hardworking.
In retrospect Crazyhorse was perfect. A fine American.
Crazyhorse seemed the most versed in western and Texan history, but also had distinct opinions on big game, rifle cartridges and politics.

Crazyhorse was happy to argue with Jtex, Doc Lane, Gedubya and others. I think if someone directly threatened Crazyhorse his response would be, " ready when you are!"

Crazyhorse was a cool fellow.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Are we talking about the same Crazy Horse?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Horse

Crazy Horse

one of us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

Crazy Horse

rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo
No friend. We had a member here from Texas who's moniker was Crazyhorse Consulting. He was a zookeeper in San Antonio and a ranch hand around Olney Texas.
Died unexpectedly in a vehicle accident.

one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

NO,

I'm surpised you do not remember Randall Weems AKA CrazyHorse Consulting.

We made peace before he met his demise.
We would talk on the phone and palaver a bit.

IIRC we had our last conversation two days before his accident.

I miss both he and Charlie Tuppen (GatoGordo).

The mold was broken after the two of them entered this mortal coil.

Ya!

GWB

one of us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Scott
Having known him-
for a few years-
Not as a close friend ,rather as a fellow North Texan
that travelled/ hunted the same region.
We rarely agreed on anything.

As you surmised, he loved to argue, often
merely for arguments sake.
Which is something others Have occasionally commented
with respect to myself as-well.
Unlike me,
Randall made it an art form,
and a requirement for his sense of being.
We were/are somewhat irascible in our own individual ways.
Randall would never choose to agree
if it would have spared a good verbal sparring session.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Administrator
posted Hide Post
How can you ask anyone to stop bickering when the head man in the White House never stops doing it? rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 53973 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

NO,

I'm surpised you do not remember Randall Weems AKA CrazyHorse Consulting.

We made peace before he met his demise.
We would talk on the phone and palaver a bit.

IIRC we had our last conversation two days before his accident.

I miss both he and Charlie Tuppen (GatoGordo).

The mold was broken after the two of them entered this mortal coil.

Ya!

GWB

Yes, now I remember. I miss him too. As I recall, he got run over by his own truck when he went to open a gate.

So, I stand by my initial statement that the original Crazy Horse was a mystic.