https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bxX1a?ocid=msedgntp

Seems to me that the DOJ is slow to catch on to what everyone already knows

====================================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bxXdn?ocid=msedgntp

Barr won't back Trump election attacks as pardon probe hits West Wing

--------------------------------------------------------

Reality: Resistance is Futile.

---------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 11620 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trump Has Discussed With Advisers Pardons for His 3 Eldest Children and Giuliani

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bx2l4?ocid=msedgntp

President Trump has discussed with advisers whether to grant pre-emptive pardons to his children, to his son-in-law and to his personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, and talked with Mr. Giuliani about pardoning him as recently as last week, according to two people briefed on the matter.

================================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1byvYY?ocid=msedgntp

Posts: 11620 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
What’s wrong with discussions numbnuts?
And do you blame him after you Libs been coming after them last four years?
You Engine need to examine your heart, your head is gone for sure

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Posts: 11697 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of someone saying to Saddam, “sir, what you are proposing is against the law”

Saddam laughed “All I need do is sign apiece of paper to change that”

Very funny.

A criminal pardoning his own family!

Hahahaha! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 53939 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not the one who decided it's worth investigating.

Examine my heart?

You claim it's the libs coming after them.

How about the rule of law coming after them, and yet you call it the libs. Thanks a lot, from my heart.

If the public knew all the depth of the malfeasance and corruption and discussion exploration thereof in how to deploy --- well, we'll never know the whole truth.

If they can dig even a small portion of it, we (at least some of us) will be better informed, and history can properly record the Trump admin and Era.

These last days of Trump in the WH, after the election, is setting the historical record right, with the true character of Trump and his supporters and the GOP.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
You don’t have the rule of law in America.

You have a convoluted legal system.

Designed from the ground up to benefit the lowest of humanity, lawyers! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 53939 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
trump is running the country like he did his 3rd rate mafia business. Into the ground. FTR, I didn't vote for either one.

Gve me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo chit.

Posts: 200 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
I'm not the one who decided it's worth investigating.

Examine my heart?

You claim it's the libs coming after them.

How about the rule of law coming after them, and yet you call it the libs. Thanks a lot, from my heart.

If the public knew all the depth of the malfeasance and corruption and discussion exploration thereof in how to deploy --- well, we'll never know the whole truth.

If they can dig even a small portion of it, we (at least some of us) will be better informed, and history can properly record the Trump admin and Era.

These last days of Trump in the WH, after the election, is setting the historical record right, with the true character of Trump and his supporters and the GOP.

Fair enough
Can you say and admit the same about Lib administration?
I’d buy you dinner if you could but I know you won’t

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

Posts: 11697 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow. That may be the closest I've come on this forum persuading anyone with my POV.

I favor/hope the rule of law applies equally without regard to left or right.

Sometimes, though, I think the rule of law is kinda like objectivity. It depends on -----

one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Wow. That may be the closest I've come on this forum persuading anyone with my POV.

I favor/hope the rule of law applies equally without regard to left or right.

Sometimes, though, I think the rule of law is kinda like objectivity. It depends on ----- help you right there...depends how you Libs like it

one of us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Barr came to the DOJ with a pretty good resume to think.
He's been pretty well maligned while working for Trump but it appears his integrity is still intact.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Telling the truth about one of the most obvious things going on in the world, right now, isn't enough to declare integrity insofar as skewed ideology. But it may mean he recognizes reality enough to know when he has no other rational choice, given his position.

It may also mean he's had enough of Trump, and knows the game is over, and will be replaced soon enough, and he cares a little about his mark on history and wants to be on the right side of that.

The thing about the fraud claims, Barr knows that proof is essential. This is a black and white issue for him. It's like a light switch - it's either on or off.

one of us
posted Hide Post
He crapped out his good reputation at the behest of that POS trump.

Barr is a longtime proponent of the unitary executive theory of nearly unfettered presidential authority over the executive branch
Barr became attorney general for the second time in 2019. During his ongoing term, he has received criticism from some for his handling of several challenges, including his mischaracterized summary and selective redaction of the Mueller report, interventions in the guilty convictions and sentences of former advisors to President Trump, Roger Stone and Michael Flynn,[5][6] and allegations of political interference in the removal of Geoffrey Berman from his Southern District of New York attorney position in a matter pertaining to the indictment of Turkish bank Halkbank, a bank with close personal ties to Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Posts: 13202 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
If you are going to quote (plagerize??) someone, you should at least cite the source. For sure, that wasn’t your thought, hence the (5,6) note.

Posts: 9029 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Telling the truth about one of the most obvious things going on in the world, right now, isn't enough to declare integrity insofar as skewed ideology. But it may mean he recognizes reality enough to know when he has no other rational choice, given his position.

It may also mean he's had enough of Trump, and knows the game is over, and will be replaced soon enough, and he cares a little about his mark on history and wants to be on the right side of that.

The thing about the fraud claims, Barr knows that proof is essential. This is a black and white issue for him. It's like a light switch - it's either on or off.

If I understand you correctly, I don't agree with you at all.

Skewed ideology doesn't negate integrity. I understand that as a trump employee you may wonder about or question Barr's integrity but then again there's been quite a few Trump employees and appointees whose integrity can't be questioned. Mattis and Mueller, Kavanaugh and Barrett are just easy examples. John Kelly.

Jimmy Carter would be an easy example of liberal ideology, I don't think it's truthful for conservatives that consider Carter's ideology skewed to question his integrity.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Barr looked like Trump's lap dog too long for me to respect him now. I do respect that he told the truth once. Lucky for us, for whatever reason he chose to do it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott, months ago, you stated that you believed the "system" would serve as a check and balance on DJT. So far it has, but not nearly as well as expected, and there is still a lot of damage, and it's not over yet. It may be just getting started. You, We, didn't factor in the power of the BIG LIE. We know its power from history. Trump knows its power.

It has been said that once a demagogue's followers buy into his BIG LIE, they will believe anything, and even the unimaginable becomes possible.

Barr told the truth, this time, and maybe, given his position he has snuffed some of the effect of Trump's BIG LIE.

I've looked for a discussion to attach the following opinion article, but find none better than this one.

I agree with the author's opinion.

The big lie from Donald Trump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bzsSa?ocid=msedgntp

In a few weeks, Joe Biden will be sworn in as president and it will be the end of the time that Donald Trump has in office. It is also likely to be the start of the most dangerous phase of the current movement. Now that Trump is about to be unfettered by pesky advisers, generals, and bureaucrats, he could be more disruptive than ever before.

Trump has inflicted us with several little lies each day, adding up to about 20,000 of them, according to a count by the Washington Post. They include "total exoneration" by the special counsel report, Hurricane Dorian bearing down on Alabama, and Barack Obama separating children. These little lies have run the gamut from silly, like the noise from windmills causing cancer, to serious, like his birther claims about Obama. They have been delivered to us in relentless waves of disinformation, calumnies, and falsities.

But Trump and his minions have never created one big lie that is sustained, amplified, and repeated over and over until it is hard not to believe it. The big lie gathers all the little ones. Everything adds up into one understandable and unifying theory. Now he has one big lie reduced to an easily digested but entirely bogus claim that he actually won the election.

Just yesterday he tweeted "we won Michigan by a lot!" and "fraudulent election results in Arizona" and "fake election results in Nevada!" You would think that fraud of this magnitude, across so many states, would yield a scintilla of evidence. But that is the beauty of the big lie. It relies not on evidence but on emotion. It fortifies intuition, clears away possible doubt, explains what seems inexplicable.

It also works. Polls show that 70 percent and 80 percent of Republicans believe the election was rigged. A survey this week from Bright Line Watch revealed that almost half of Republicans expect Trump to be inaugurated in January. That is what the big lie does. It turns wishful thinking into righteous reality.

The big lie lands with clarity on a certain segment of the electorate that was studied by the political scientists Eric Oliver and Thomas Wood in the book "Enchanted America." They describe that group as intuitionists. These are people on both sides of the aisle who rely on their intuitions to make judgments. They tend to reject established scientific facts, subscribe to conspiracy theories, are more easily swayed by emotional appeals, embrace populist ideals, and are intolerant of basic democratic norms.

What happens when the big lie gathers steam, first with the intuitionists, then across a population? Jochen Bittner of the German newspaper Die Zie gave us a chilling glimpse in the New York Times this week. He described another big lie known as the "stab in the back" myth that took hold in Germany after World War One. Its core claim, he explains, was that Imperial Germany never lost the war. "Military officers, monarchists, and right wingers spread the myth that if it had not been for political sabotage by Social Democrats and Jews back home, the army would never have had to give in." This despite indisputable fact.

That big lie paved the path for Adolf Hitler and his even bigger murderous lies. There is obviously no comparison between the Holocaust and Trump. But the "stab in the back" tactic, used by authoritarians on both the left and right, has proven tragically effective. Big lies spread swiftly because they are easily grasped and instantly confirm our biases. They remove us from the truths and institutions that unite us. They validate suspicions, foster resentments, and sometimes license violent action. Perhaps it is a plot to kidnap the governor of Michigan, to shoot people in a church in Charleston or a synagogue in Pittsburgh, or to bomb a mosque in Minnesota.

Trump is unlikely to attend the inauguration in January. Doing so would only "legitimize" Biden in his calculation. But do not let his absence fool you. His last day in office could be the first day of a loud lie meant to undermine the new administration, resourced by hundreds of millions of dollars and the echo chamber of his media allies.

When we can no longer separate fact from fiction, when news no longer informs but incites, when we cannot even agree on basic truths of who won and lost an election, that is where the big lie flourishes, eclipsing all the little lies and even the light of our democracy.

=========================================================

This Big Lie has gone berserk. Watch this:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/bus...ox-orig.cnn-business

And IMO Fox News is committing an utter travesty by allowing and encouraging this:

Trump attorney: Election integrity is important for America's future

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1byGsL?ocid=msedgntp

No shit. What hypocrisy. Then why are they doing all they can to destroy the integrity, by claiming fraud with no evidence? Yet they say there is overwhelming evidence. Even Trump appointed judges say there is no evidence.

This is an utter farce.

The BIG LIE is important to the country's future.

I do not understand why this phenom is going this far.

Trump's attorneys now seek to have repug state legislatures to over-ride the certified election results through the appointed electoral college.

Trump's advocates keep talking about overwhelming evidence and overwhelming fraud. They believe this shit.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I get the impression from what was said and what was not said that Barr's investigation is not over. I think he said they have no evidence - YET, re the voter fraud.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bA0Wo?ocid=msedgntp

Barr had 'intense' meeting with Trump after AG undercut voter fraud claims

While at the White House for meetings Tuesday, Attorney General Bill Barr had a meeting with President Donald Trump following an interview with the Associated Press in which Barr disclosed that the Department of Justice has not uncovered evidence of widespread voter fraud that would change the election results, multiple sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

Barr spent roughly two and a half hours on White House grounds on Tuesday for what White House and Department of Justice officials previously said was a pre-planned meeting with White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows.

However, sources told ABC News that once Barr was in the building for meetings, Trump wanted to see him.

One source briefed on the meeting described Barr's interaction with the president as "intense," but would not elaborate on any additional details about the content of their discussion.

In the interview with the AP, Barr directly undercut allegations that have been made by Trump and his legal team, as well as the president's allies, that Trump would have won the election had it not been for widespread vote fraud.

"To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election," Barr told the AP.

Soon after Barr departed the White House Tuesday, a DOJ spokesperson sent reporters a statement hitting back at what the official described as inaccurate characterizations by some in the media of Barr's comments.

"Some media outlets have incorrectly reported that the Department has concluded its investigation of election fraud and announced an affirmative finding of no fraud in the election," the spokesperson said. "That is not what the Associated Press reported nor what the Attorney General stated. The Department will continue to receive and vigorously pursue all specific and credible allegations of fraud as expeditiously as possible."

=====================================================================

And:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...rs/story?id=74201976

Federal prosecutors express concern over Attorney General William Barr's election fraud memo: Sources
Sixteen assistant U.S. attorneys countered the attorney general's latest move.

Sixteen federal prosecutors tapped by leadership at the Justice Department to monitor voting in last week's presidential election have sent a letter to Attorney General William Barr making clear that they have seen no evidence to substantiate claims that voting tallies have been marred by widespread fraud or other ballot issues, two sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

In their letter, the federal prosecutors -- career assistant U.S. attorneys from more than a dozen states across the country -- called for Barr to rescind a memorandum he sent earlier this week telling Justice Department attorneys to launch election-related investigations if they suspect significant irregularities, the sources said.

Justice Department policy has long urged federal law enforcement officials to refrain from engaging in politically charged investigative activity in the run-up to an election, and the new "policy change was not based in fact," the federal prosecutors wrote to Barr in their letter, first reported by The Washington Post.

"We disagree with [your] argument that the impact of taking overt investigative and prosecutorial actions on the outcome of an election is greatly minimized after voting ends but before certification occurs," the letter to Barr said, adding that Barr's memorandum "thrusts career prosecutors into partisan politics."

The letter was signed by assistant U.S. attorneys in Arkansas, California, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania and elsewhere.

In recent days, President Donald Trump has alleged without evidence that if only legally cast ballots were counted, he would easily be declared the winner of last week's election.

But in his memorandum to U.S. attorneys' offices earlier this week, Barr wrote that "[n]othing here should be taken as any indication that the Department has concluded that voting irregularities have impacted the outcome of any election."

A Justice Department spokeswoman insisted that line means that what the federal prosecutors wrote to Barr "can obviously coexist" with what Barr's memorandum laid out.

"In fact, that is the whole point," the spokeswoman said. "The memo empowers [U.S. attorneys] to investigate substantial allegations of election fraud in order to determine if such fraud has occurred."

Barr's memorandum stated "it is imperative that credible allegations be addressed in a timely and effective manner," but Barr said "it is equally imperative that Department personnel exercise appropriate caution and maintain the Department's absolute commitment to fairness, neutrality and non-partisanship."

"While serious allegations should be handled with great care, specious, speculative, fanciful or far-fetched claims should not be a basis for initiating federal inquiries," Barr added.

=====================================

Also:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...ed/story?id=74188202

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...cid=msedgntp#image=1

one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting:

Biden plans to keep Christopher Wray on as FBI director if Trump doesn't fire him

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bz99N?ocid=msedgntp

one of us
posted Hide Post
Trump's advisors are frantically trying to stop him from firing Attorney General Barr as the president's fury hits a boiling point

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1bA6eA?ocid=msedgntp

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17...al-christopher-krebs

Trump Tweets That He Fired Top Cybersecurity Official Christopher Krebs

November 17, 2020

Basically, what President Trump says is - it's kind of a list. The tweets start with a list of his conspiracies, frankly, about voter fraud. He says there were dead people voting. Poll watchers were not allowed into polling locations. There were glitches in the voting machines. None of these claims have been backed up with any evidence over the last couple of weeks. But because of all these things, President Trump says he's firing Chris Krebs, who released a statement along with a number of other government agencies last week that said, basically, this was the most secure election in the nation's history. And he says because there's this kind of contradiction here, Chris Krebs has been terminated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks just as much to me as a "pardon-for-support" scheme...Stone and Flynn?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 12163 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote