THE ACCURATE RELOADING FORUMS

Congratulations to President Biden

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Trump Sets January 6 Auction of Arctic Refuge Drilling Rights

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Sets January 6 Auction of Arctic Refuge Drilling Rights Login/Join 
one of us
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...1bBs3s?ocid=msedgntp

The Trump administration announced it will sell oil drilling rights in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge on Jan. 6 -- an auction that would complicate President-elect Joe Biden’s vow to “permanently protect” the rugged reserve in northeast Alaska.

--------------------------------------------------------

Reality: Resistance is Futile.

---------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 11656 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome
Screw you Libs

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Posts: 11698 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
That’s awesome
Screw you Libs

Barely escaped screwing up the Copper River salmon runs, now this?

The smart move would be for Tesla to buy the drilling rights and let them expire in 20 years...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 12170 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I don't see this as significant.
The amount of oil coming out of ANWR won'tt make a difference to anything other than the Alaskan economy and as the rest of the North Slope demonstrates, Arctic oil production can be very environmentally friendly.

It's has got to be horrendously expensive to develop oil up there. I certainly have no interest in $150 per barrel oil.

Posts: 6345 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
That’s awesome
Screw you Libs

Barely escaped screwing up the Copper River salmon runs, now this?

And the Trump admin was instrumental in this!

Posts: 38331 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
The amount of oil coming out of ANWR won'tt make a difference to anything other than the Alaskan economy and as the rest of the North Slope demonstrates, Arctic oil production can be very environmentally friendly.

It's has got to be horrendously expensive to develop oil up there. I certainly have no interest in $150 per barrel oil.

Yes I'm sure its expensive! And I do remember $100 per barrel crude. That was before we got busy and insured our domestic supply.

Now we have much cheaper energy! OPEC can not hold our lives ransom!

We are not sending near as much money to finance terrorists.

Democrats hate this!

Posts: 38331 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

Yes I'm sure its expensive! And I do remember $100 per barrel crude. That was before we got busy and insured our domestic supply.

Now we have much cheaper energy! OPEC can not hold our lives ransom!

We are not sending near as much money to finance terrorists.

Democrats hate this!

I'm inclined to think that cutting off the oil/ terrorist money to the M.E. is our smartest foreign policy move in decades.
As I alluded to above, I see no real gain or detraction to oil development in ANWR. The rest of the North Slope oil field is very clean and wildlife friendly. But that oil sure ain't ad easy to get to and it is in north Dakota or Texas.

Posts: 6345 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
no real gain or detraction to oil development in ANWR

I DON'T THINK GOV OR GREENIES OR PRIVATE PARTIES HAVE THE RIGHT TO HOLD BACK

THE RESOURCES FROM THE PEOPLE. WHETHER OIL OR COPPER. IT IS ALREADY PROVEN

THAT NORTH SLOPE OIL CAN BE PRODUCED SAFELY. JUST LIKE THE COPPER THERE

CAN BE PRODUCED SAFELY. THERE WAS NO GOOD REASON NOT TO SET UP THAT MINE.

IT COULD EASILY HAVE BEEN MADE SAFE...

ALL THIS GREENIE AND/OR GREEDY EXCESS PROFIT BULLSHIT ADDS TO INFLATION,

ONE OF THE BIGGEST CRIMES AGAINST MANKIND...

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 25655 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
we may or may not need the oil up there.

I'm pretty sure most left leaners don't know this but oil is not just oil.
as in... it doesn't all come out of the ground with the same chemical composition.

I'm sure most of them would be rather upset to know gasoline, that game controller most of them have in their Mom's basement, and road tar do not come from the same hole in the ground.

Posts: 3542 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
we may or may not need the oil up there.

I'm pretty sure most left leaners don't know this but oil is not just oil.
as in... it doesn't all come out of the ground with the same chemical composition.

I'm sure most of them would be rather upset to know gasoline, that game controller most of them have in their Mom's basement, and road tar do not come from the same hole in the ground.

Even fewer people know how to calculate the decrease in flow with time...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 12170 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
If Clinton allowed ANWR drilling 25 years ago it would be done and the benefits pouring in now. Drilling in the arctic is safe and clean. One oil executive told me the impact on ANWR's geography was equal to putting a postage stamp on a football field!

I've hunted caribou there for years. There is no more beautiful place on God's green earth than in the arctic. I drove the Dalton to mile 335 at Happy Valley and flew 40-60 miles northeast. We'd set down for a week and enjoy solitude like no other place I experienced. I welcome the use of our natural resources while at the same time saying FOAD to the Arabs.

God bless America.

About 40 miles south of the Arctic Ocean late summer in ANWR. Life does not get any better.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation

Posts: 6558 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Nice 'bou, Cal!

~Ann

Posts: 15687 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
If Clinton allowed ANWR drilling 25 years ago it would be done and the benefits pouring in now. Drilling in the arctic is safe and clean. One oil executive told me the impact on ANWR's geography was equal to putting a postage stamp on a football field!

This!

There need not be some knock-down, drag-out fight between energy production and environmental protection.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 6577 | Location: Retired and on the road, baby! | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote