Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine Distribution - Just Another Trump Clusterf--k Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I guess Trump just threw shit up against the wall again rather than have an actual plan. https://www.vanityfair.com/new...vaccine-distribution Thank God this debacle will soon be over and we can throw the bums out.

Posts: 11339 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It would seem to me a state by state method is actually a more reasonable approach.

In SoDak, the at risk group after the medical folks is native americans on the reservation. Somehow, I don't think its the same group at risk in Illinois or NY.

Each state is different.

Unless you think that we should be prioritizing some states over other ones? If the outbreaks were just isolated, maybe; but it looks like its sporadic and located throughout the country.

Now, will each state make the best use? Maybe not, but at least the voters have some control over those folks.

I have been reading some stuff about race based distribution under a social justice paradigm. What crap. Make a decision based on some sort of scientific need (I can see that the black community is getting hit harder as far as deaths , etc., and that is a reason to base it on inner city communities, but I am not up enough on the comparative statistics to say if the inner city minorities need it at a higher level than say NH patients)- it may come out the same way, but at least its logical instead of pandering.

Posts: 6247 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
As usual Libs love racial strife...as long as it doesn’t affect them

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Posts: 11698 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In a ''Cell'' paper this month, Bette Korber and colleagues at Los Alamos National Laboratory showed that G614 has become more common in almost every nation and region they looked at, whereas D614 is virtually gone (see graphic, below). That might be a sign that it’s outcompeted by G614, but it could also be a coincidence. “Any one mutation may rise to very high frequency across the world, just because of random chance,” says Kristian Andersen, a computational biologist at Scripps Research. “This happens all the time.”

Comparing the spread of different viral variants carrying the two mutations could reveal a difference. The United Kingdom’s COVID-19 Genomics Consortium has sequenced 30,000 SARS-CoV-2 genomes, allowing scientists to compare how fast 43 lineages carrying the G614 mutation and 20 with D614 spread. They estimated that the former grew 1.22 times faster than the latter—but the statistical significance was low. “Evidence for a difference is weak and if it does exist, the estimated effect is moderate,” says evolutionary biologist Andrew Rambaut of the University of Edinburgh.

Researchers have also turned to cell culture experiments. When Korber’s group engineered so-called virus like particles to carry one spike protein or the other, the G614 variant appeared to be more efficient at entering cells. Jeremy Luban of the University of Massachusetts Medical School, who has found the same thing, explains that G614 causes a slight change in the shape of the spike, apparently making it easier for the protein to undergo the structural changes that cause the membranes of the virus and the cell to fuse. “Our data looks like it’s somewhere between three and 10 times more infectious,” Luban says. “That’s a pretty enormous effect.”

COMMENT. That is why we need to operate with masks and distancing for all of this winter

and spring, into summer, even those getting shots to make sure they work .......

the vaccines are generated from earlier D version drug co got last winter to work on!!!!!.................

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 25655 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Stay masked for the next few years and people will have damaged immune systems and begin dying from the common cold.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 8813 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GEEZ YOU ARE A SORRY ORNERY DINK. WE AREN'T TALKING YEARS BUT 8 MONTHS.

AND IF A PERSON DIES FROM A COLD CALL IT THE GRAMPA COLD.

BLAME ME NOT CHINA,, AND IF IN THE 8 MONTHS SHIT GOES SOUTH WITH THE VACCINE

THERE IS NOTHING BUT MASKS AND DISTANCING THE NEXT WINTER ... ANYWAY...

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
OTHING BUT MASKS AND DISTANCING THE NEXT WINTER ... ANYWAY...

WHILE THEY TRY TO MAKE A NEW ONE

OH LORD THE STOCK MARKET IS GIDDY AT THE PROSPECT OF THAT....

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
posted Hide Post
between electric car and drug company stocks skyrocketing,

we gotta keep him in so the rich get some more tax cuts...>sarc

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
posted Hide Post
[quote]looks like its sporadic and[/quote

Ah, that is changing real fast, as the nuts here

won't wear masks, our prisons here they are dropping like flies.

Our rural county, 60,000, getting 30-50 positives a day,

couple hospitals transferring because they run out of ICUs..

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RMiller:
Stay masked for the next few years and people will have damaged immune systems and begin dying from the common cold.

That’s strange. I wore a mask for 8-12 hours, 5-6 days a week for 40 years of my working life- as do most people who work in an OR. My last cold was 2 years ago and lasted 3 days. Your comment shows a distinct lack of medical knowledge and just plain common sense. 2020

Posts: 9036 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by RMiller:

That’s strange. I wore a mask for 8-12 hours, 5-6 days a week for 40 years of my working life- as do most people who work in an OR. My last cold was 2 years ago and lasted 3 days. Your comment shows a distinct lack of medical knowledge and just plain common sense. 2020

Did you social distance as well? My comment is a smart remark about this whole covid reaction can not possibly help bolster the immune system.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 8813 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Social distancing and mask wearing are not supposed to bolster the immune system. They are simply physical barriers to disease spread.

Posts: 9036 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I guess Trump just threw shit up against the wall again rather than have an actual plan. https://www.vanityfair.com/new...vaccine-distribution Thank God this debacle will soon be over and we can throw the bums out.

But wait.. Trump is a dictator if he tells states what to do, a tyrant when he declares and all states state of emergency, and now a debacle for not telling the states what to do?

Lib hypocrisy expressed in a single sentence.

Here is your one free hint, intrastate distribution is the relavent governors job

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
Order AR/AccRel Brass
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 35136 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11339 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote