THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

FU Putin. You can hit AR with all the denial of service attacks you want, like Ukraine we won't cower to you. Slava Ukraini.

Page 1 2 

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What about it you NPR believers? Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sotomayor did not feel safe in close proximity to people who were unmasked. Chief Justice John Roberts, understanding that, in some form asked the other justices to mask up.

Lie ^^^ number one. Shot down by the Chief Justice himself.

quote:
They all did. Except Gorsuch, who, as it happens, sits next to Sotomayor on the bench. His continued refusal since then has also meant that Sotomayor has not attended the justices' weekly conference in person, joining instead by telephone.

quote:
Webster dictionary:
Refuse - to show or express unwillingness to do or comply with
eg: refused to answer the question

So according to your article. Gorsuch “refused” to mask. {Using the word “refused” implies that Gorsuch failed to respond favorably to a request} John Roberts did not ask him to…we know that for sure even though NPR lied about it. Thus NPR suggests Sotomayor made the request. Sotomayor stated that she took the NPR report to say that she asked Gorsuch to mask. I read it the same way.

Furthermore…
quote:
Gorsuch, from the beginning of his tenure, has proved a prickly justice, not exactly beloved even by his conservative soulmates on the court.

NPR…goes on to lie to disparage Gorsuch more. ^^^

Sotomayor says she and Gorsuch are good friends.

I believe we can now clearly all agree that 1) this was a hit piece on Gorsuch by NPR as the article has no other value. And, 2) NPR is willing to lie to do a hit on someone they dislike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans. – Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

Posts: 31243 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
NPR is one of the most reliable reporting sources on the face of the planet. They just report shit that you don't agree with or like to hear.

By the way...NPR is standing by the story. Which means they feel pretty confident they got it right. And, I bet they did.

The statements issued by Roberts, Gorsuch and Sotomayor don't really address the issue directly. Non-denial denials. And, if any of you would take the time to actually read the story, rather than just listen to Fox News interpretation, you'd know that to be correct.

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans. – Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

Posts: 31243 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
PS: Mike,
I also think that was an uncalled for rude disparagement/attack on Ms. Ann. shame

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Don't worry, Ann you can look Mitchell up in the Texas Bar Directory. He's no Clark Gable.

More importantly, when we take this all back in November I'd like to see public funding for this arm of the DNC dry up faster than a puddle on a hot Texas summer afternoon.

He should be disbarred for breaking the law and hiring illegals.

~Ann

Posts: 17371 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Well, one can always contact a professional oversight board. I suppose a licensed attorney knowingly breaking federal immigration law and federal and state labor laws is at the least unethical and maybe even rises to the level of actionable conduct. After all no one really knows who may be reading this Board a d these threads do they...?

Posts: 3972 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For Mike and Jeffy who said they would bet the reporter had it right.....
NPR's lead editor said the reporters report was misleading, but not made up. Therefor only required a "correction" not an apology.
Just as I said, they will correct.... sort of, and much later.
Clowns on both sides here, jump up and down with only "they" are right, with story after story.

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
So what was correct in it?

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
That Sotomayor should loose weight and eat better. Then she wouldn't have diabetes. Wink

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
yuck

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Lane, that is the upshot of it.
She couldn't be in a bubble even if everyone wore a mask, so she chose to not expose herself to people, period. That included going and coming from court.

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
True!

I still believe the whole thing was just a hit job on Gorsuch and there was no source — just speculation from the so-called reporter. Gorsuch, while being smart enough to interpret the science correctly, made himself an easy target — not wearing a mask.

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Except it sounded like Sotomayor had no intention of doing anything except by zoom from the beginning. Worried about contact by anyone, since omicron is so catchy.

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Except it sounded like Sotomayor had no intention of doing anything except by zoom from the beginning. Worried about contact by anyone, since omicron is so catchy.

Exactly^^^

But that is what makes the report so ludicrous and reveals that NPR was just doing a partisan hit job from a fictitious “anonymous” source.

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you read the original, and the commentary, I suspect that NPR had a “court source” on tape, but NOT one of the Justices. Probably one of Sotomayor’s clerks.

The problem was they made it sound like it came from a SCOTUS Justice.

I’m sure sotomayor is voluntarily isolating as her response to omicron. She pretty much said so.

I do think NPR does have a definite liberal editorial slant, but they are better than the alphabet networks at separating fact from opinion.

Not that it is saying much…

Posts: 7844 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
What makes that piece so bad to me is that it is nothing but a hack on Gorsuch. Now, if it is a truthful hack…fair enough…so be it. But when it is so untruthful that 3 SCOTUS Justices, typically people above the fray, feel compelled to issue statements…it boils down to a manufactured hit piece over nothing. That tells me NPR has a political vendetta against conservatives.

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
And tax payers fund this ^^^ BS!! thumbdown

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
If masks will protect you, how does my not wearing one make yours not work?

Posts: 41 | Location: Pahrump NV USA | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Meghna Chakrabarti, who does the On Point segment, has a definite left slant to her hosting.
You can hear the disapoinment in her voice when a reporter doesn't show evidence of the direction she is telling about. Heard that a few times listening to the program.
NPR has had a number of reporters quit in the last couple years. They talked later in a blog.
They said they were tired of the desire of the higher-ups, to make all issues seem urgent.
To do confrontational interviews in a polarized political climate.
And to go into situations when covid was so rampant.
NPR has the same issues going on that every media faces. Audience and money.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chestermc:
If masks will protect you, how does my not wearing one make yours not work?

But, but, but.....

If the friggen vaccine they are still pushing as effective is so great, why do the vaccinated care if anyone wears a mask???

Posts: 40061 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote