Notify
Tools

There is no end in sight with this pandemic mess. Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Libs just think money grows on trees and it’s just there for plucking
And so does our own Engine Kabob

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 11999 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There you go projecting BS again. Are you competing with Joe on the BS?

--------------------------------------------------------

Reality: Resistance is Futile.

---------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 12363 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
okay so how do I handle this.

I have silicone in my lungs and don't breathe so well.
I'm also 55.
this means I stay home and avoid the virus right.
so how do I pay my bills?
I can't get food stamps since I'm a white male.
I don't qualify for disability.
I don't get unemployment since that run out a year back.
I can't get a job since most everything is in lock down.

where does that leave me?
if I don't go out in the world and work where/when I can I lose my home and everything else leaving a wife and kids behind.
if I do go out and work I get the virus and die leaving a wife and kids behind.

so which choice do I make?
help me out here.

Now, that's a real world pickle.

I honestly empathize with you on that, although I'm not in the same pickle jar.

My pickle is that if I catch it, there is no one to help me. I'm the care-giver here, and everyone in my house will most likely catch it too, including my dogs. And no one wants a sick dog to take care of, so I might lose them even if I recover.

This is a devastating situation for many, and I worry about that, but can't help financially. I'm able to make it on my own.

Govt bailouts only go so far, till the next generation and the next are broke too.

That's why we need to get this virus under control. That I can help with, and do my part. Recovery will start to happen no sooner than and in tandem with what the virus does.

Posts: 12363 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
okay so how do I handle this.

I have silicone in my lungs and don't breathe so well.
I'm also 55.
this means I stay home and avoid the virus right.
so how do I pay my bills?
I can't get food stamps since I'm a white male.
I don't qualify for disability.
I don't get unemployment since that run out a year back.
I can't get a job since most everything is in lock down.

where does that leave me?
if I don't go out in the world and work where/when I can I lose my home and everything else leaving a wife and kids behind.
if I do go out and work I get the virus and die leaving a wife and kids behind.

so which choice do I make?
help me out here.

Now, that's a real world pickle.

I honestly empathize with you on that, although I'm not in the same pickle jar.

My pickle is that if I catch it, there is no one to help me. I'm the care-giver here, and everyone in my house will most likely catch it too, including my dogs. And no one wants a sick dog to take care of, so I might lose them even if I recover.

This is a devastating situation for many, and I worry about that, but can't help financially. I'm able to make it on my own.

Govt bailouts only go so far, till the next generation and the next are broke too.

That's why we need to get this virus under control. That I can help with, and do my part. Recovery will start to happen no sooner than and in tandem with what the virus does.

Honestly, Magine, you should stock up on Hydroxychloroquine, Zpack, gin & tonic, Zinc, Vitamin D, C, elderberry syrup and more. Be proactive.

~Ann

Posts: 15786 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fauci said a vaccine is likely to be only 50% effective. And they still have no idea of how many times it will mutate.
This shit is apt to be around a long, long time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
that's what the real issue is Magine.
think about it.
their unemployment kick up is no help.
the money they sent to the Met is of no help.

if they really want to help the direct checks are seriously the simplest cheapest and most helpful to everyone.
those that don't need it will buy stuff and keep the economy going.
those that do will use it to keep the lights on and food on the table.
pretty simple economics.
those selling the goods to those spending it pay taxes, the ones that don't need it pay taxes from their jobs.
sales tax is collected etc.
people are still collecting their state unemployment, plus the stimulus check.
less probably but more spread around.

all the extraneous B.S. is skipped, and when things can go back to normal they will without the whole world suffering from a crash down.

Posts: 3720 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with you Lamar. I can hardly believe that congress recessed for August, and left town without a relief package deal.

And Pelosi is talking about calling them back over the USPS thing.

WTF are their priorities?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Honestly, Magine, you should stock up on Hydroxychloroquine, Zpack, gin & tonic, Zinc, Vitamin D, C, elderberry syrup and more. Be proactive.

Are you serious?

gin and tonic? Hummm

I wondered about the elderberry. https://www.costco.com/sambuco...oduct.100523321.html

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

Are you serious?

gin and tonic? Hummm

I wondered about the elderberry. https://www.costco.com/sambuco...oduct.100523321.html

You always count on Magine for a link. He does not have an opinion on anything.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Libs just think money grows on trees and it’s just there for plucking
And so does our own Engine Kabob

So when Trump took the Obama small deficit and tripled it before Covid you certainly were silent.

Now that Trump is going to lose you are concerned with Trillion Dollar deficits again.

What a freaken bunch of losers the repugs are.

Hate liberals? Bite me.

Posts: 16333 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McGuire:
You always count on Magine for a link. He does not have an opinion on anything.

I have my opinion about you, which is you are ALL opinion. Big Grin

So, you don't like my links. How about a meme?

Here's one that says all I want to say about your opinion of me:

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RaySendero:

The Enema isn't a victim....

Ashley is your classic, clinical Narcissist (Capital N) - Hero and Victim at the same time.... coffee

Posts: 51204 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FU tas, you are the worst on this forum for personal insults and making everything personal. Your std ploy is to divert the topic to being all about the person with whom you disagree with.

You taint this forum. I wish you had stayed gone.

You used to flood this forum with utter nonsense. I thought maybe you got banned.

What did you do, beg your way back, by promising to be a good boy?

Once a backslider down the slippery slope, always a slippery slope slider.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You took such pleasure in "triggering" Alfredo, yet you are outraged when it is so easily done to your hypocritical ass.

Your outrage would be better directed at yourself, for your duplicity; however, self-reflection eludes Narcissists, due to the collosal denial and cognitive dissonance that they had to set up early on as the only defense that their immature minds could fathom in dealing with childhood trauma.

For that, your childhood self should be pitied; however, at your age it has become a choice, rather than a survival mechanism.

Beep Beep, MF....

Posts: 51204 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
ou took such pleasure in "triggering" Alfredo

I didn't take pleasure in triggering Alfredo, and that was not my intent. In fact I was very sad that it happened, and for my part in it. I don't like to see anyone degenerate that way. I was sad when it happened to you, but I got over it. You used to be a nice guy. Some AH hijacked your user name. What did you do with Ron, the nice guy from Montana?

Al thinks he can handle this forum. I think he's too sensitive, if not too much into himself.

Do you charge people for all your wisdom and psych or do they pay you to stop?

one of us
posted Hide Post
the USPS needs more than just a bunch of money thrown at it.
it needs to be run like a business, I'm fine with it making 4-5 bucks a year.

I watched the president talk about giving them money [25-B] to fix some of their issues and a little extra [3 billion] just for dealing with absentee voting.

problem is he can't just write them a check, and nobody is there to send him a bill to sign off on.

his/my,, maybe not his, issue is why does the Post Office bill have to be tied to the virus funding bill?

what are these people doing all day?
they are supposed to be figuring out how to work with the money they have coming in and going out.

Posts: 3720 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
his/my,, maybe not his, issue is why does the Post Office bill have to be tied to the virus funding bill?

It doesn't.

The art of the deal includes extortion to capitulate.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
#2 You have advocated herd immunity by infections - allowing the virus to plow through the population. That's where we depart agreement. That's cruel and inhumane. Also, because of attitude many in the USA will probably not get the vaccine. Hopefully infections will fill the gap in percentages to get herd immunity.

I advocate for those who are highly vulnerable to isolate the best they can and take care of their health. I advocate for the rest to use good common sense hygiene, look after their general health, and carry on life as normal as possible.

Natural infection and resolution through the younger generations (40 and less)...puts us way ahead of the curve when vaccination comes. The vulnerable should be the first to get vaccinated.

The influenza virus is more dangerous for young kids and about equal for 16-40.

Seems like "essential" jobs might be temporarily filled by those who have had it, recovered, and are for the time being, immune. Why Not?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 12296 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PAMDEMIC=DEMPANIC!

Posts: 38725 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...id=anaheim-ntp-feeds

Gottlieb says U.S. likely "a long way" from herd immunity to virus

one of us
Picture of Joe from So. Cal.
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no end in sight with this pandemic mess.

I’m betting this will all end around November.

Posts: 7725 | Location: Peoples Republic Of California | Registered: 13 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I hope you are correct.

There sure is mixed signals out there with the end game.

Covid-19: What if ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Closer Than Scientists Thought?

The New York Times 6 hrs ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...id=anaheim-ntp-feeds