THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

FU Putin. You can hit AR with all the denial of service attacks you want, like Ukraine we won't cower to you. Slava Ukraini.

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"You Can Always Just Change Jobs" Login/Join 
one of us
posted
quote:
ThedaCare requested Thursday that an Outagamie County judge temporarily block seven of its employees who had applied for and accepted jobs at Ascension from beginning work there on Monday until the health system could find replacements for them.

Not under contract, clearly "at will" employees...

quote:
Outagamie County Circuit Court Judge Mark McGinnis granted ThedaCare's request and held an initial hearing Friday morning. The case will get a longer hearing at 10 a.m. Monday.

Not being a lawyer I cannot imagine what the legal argument here is, or why any Judge would figure he had the authority to prevent anyone from quitting a job.

Link

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 6821 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
I have to commend you. You finnally made a good point! Well done. clap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans. – Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

Posts: 31242 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Is this really true? I’m hearing Johnny Paycheck!!

Posts: 3220 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Can you spell “judicial overreach “, boys and girls?? 2020

Posts: 11015 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Just more proof that Americans are losing more freedom every day.

~Ann

Posts: 17371 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a Temporary Injunction/Preliminary Injunction.

I assume the overlaying action is based on the Employees wanting to leave wo providing due notice. Even AT Will employees are subject to giving due and timely notice pursuant to employer written policy.

Posts: 5598 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Writ of mandamus will be filed tomorrow morning. Bizarre ruling.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 11926 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Can you spell “judicial overreach “, boys and girls?? 2020

Seems like bigtime judicial over reach!

Posts: 40061 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

I assume the overlaying action is based on the Employees wanting to leave wo providing due notice. Even AT Will employees are subject to giving due and timely notice pursuant to employer written policy.

Violating company policy is not a matter a Judge has any authority over.

Posts: 6821 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am actually quite surprised that you think two-week notice is something that is in any way enforceable by a court.

I gave you credit for being smarter than that.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

I am actually quite surprised that you think two-week notice is something that is in any way enforceable by a court.

I was under the impression that company policies such as expecting “two week notice”(or similar) were not enforceable, with the company basically only being able to mark you as “non rehire-able” or withholding letters of recommendation.

After all, if they fire or lay off and at will employee, they are not required to give you notice.

Honestly, it sounds like the employer is going to us the pandemic shortage to try to get their way. And that might have worked a year ago, but I can’t see it working now.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6062 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
remember back in the old days when the Russians would simply assign people their future career while they were still in elementary school?

well,, they did.

Posts: 4405 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge tossed it today.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Judge tossed it today.

Good news! Sanity prevailed for once.

Posts: 40061 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
remember back in the old days when the Russians would simply assign people their future career while they were still in elementary school?

well,, they did.

Kind of like us, giving schoolkids the Kuder Preference Test?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 13231 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote