New
Find
Notify
Tools

Urban v/s Rural. Next Civil War is not North Vs South Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
No matter the result of the next election it is coming. Five years ago, I purchased a house in Rocky Mount which is a small city that is 45 minutes from my main hunting lodge. My wife was tired of driving back and forth the kids to school, church, country club, etc.
I fought like hell but happy wife happy life and made the move. I would rather be on the road versus my family. Still spend about 6 nights a week at my farm during hunting season.

The city I live in is getting liberal. City is negative almost 1.8 million in past utility bills due to COVID. They are going to put this back on the tax payers who have been keeping current with their utility obligations.
What really got me is that the city council paid almost $300,000 last month to remove a Civil War monument and they are going tax white property owners to cover the expense. In the past two years over 10,000 people have left the city to build houses in rural areas.

Housing market is hot here because so many people are leaving Northern cities and moving south. Most houses that are on the market sell in a few hours.

I am cashing in an going to start construction on modern day citadel. I purchased two more AR’s yesterday and got another 5,000 rounds. Going to apply today for my FFL. I would be much easier to go back to England, but I believe in America and everything our founding fathers created.

Not going to stand by and let Marxism take over my country.

Be Prepared!
Be ready for the Fight!

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300shooter
posted Hide Post
The FBI and CIA reports that one of Putin's main purposes is to start a civil war in the US with posts to social media.

This certainly is the type of post that fits Putin's and Trump's desire.

Wonder which Russian platoon this Capt. is part of?

Posts: 516 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
The only Russian that I ever met was a hot long legged blond years ago in Madeira. Her English was as good as my Russian but we damn sure communicated well.
Never been to Russia. Grandfather was fighter pilot during Korea and may of killed a few.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Russians spy just like everyone else and no excuses...but, they have so many more problems we couldn’t even dream of
For one, loooong border with Muslim nations and Muslims inside their borders( read radical trouble makers )), long border with China and they know, China always lurks in shadows...
Western nations spying on them...
Overall, they are no different than anyone else with problems all around them

And them messing with our elections? Ha Ha...let me laugh and they are for sure laughing as they see how we are just twisting our own underwear into a tizzy

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Posts: 11965 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 300shooter:
The FBI and CIA reports that one of Putin's main purposes is to start a civil war in the US with posts to social media.

Aaaaand you really are SS's Texas Cousin.....jumping on the "Russian Troll" bandwagon....

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 6901 | Location: Retired and on the road, baby! | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulltool17:
quote:

Aaaaand you really are SS's Texas Cousin.....jumping on the "Russian Troll" bandwagon....

Stupidity is,their only family trait!

Posts: 38698 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Urban v/s Rural. Next Civil War is not North Vs South

Urban won't get very far out of urban and into rural before they have to turn back for lack of a Starbucks and wifi...

Posts: 5858 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Actually he sounds more like granspaz”s son..Putin Did It!

Posts: 9155 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
yeah//// no

Urban - blue
Rural - red
Suburban - purple

Or, In Texas, that's Blue, Red, and Redder

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
Order AR/AccRel Brass
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 35224 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
quote:

Actually he sounds more like granspaz”s son..Putin Did It!

Moron in general though!

Posts: 38698 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I suggest to all of my friend who live in cities to move rural before it's too late.

Here in Alaska it's great but not the only great place to live. I'm 100 miles from the city. No virus and no riots. Anchorage has had some demonstrations but no violence. The small town of Talkeetna had a BLM march. When the rest of the country tears eachother up, I believe rural Alaska (even more so in bush Alaska) will be safe.
c

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation

Posts: 6600 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
It’s mad rush here in Western MT to buy place to live
Absolutely crazy

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

Posts: 11965 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I would say life has been great in rural America. We don't rely on city services and are thus very capable, hard working people. We take care of each other and our small communities when there is need. No demonstrations, no spoiled brats looting, burning or murdering 'out here'.

~Ann

Posts: 15765 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
It’s mad rush here in Western MT to buy place to live
Absolutely crazy

No doubt there will be a lot of crazy liberals coming as well who will want to fundamentally change everything. Beware!

~Ann

Posts: 15765 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
They are already here
Amazing about the stuff they complain about and wanna bring it here

one of us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
I would say life has been great in rural America. We don't rely on city services and are thus very capable, hard working people. We take care of each other and our small communities when there is need. No demonstrations, no spoiled brats looting, burning or murdering 'out here'.

What amazes me is how unprepared for anything people are in the cities. My neighbors will spend all day on Saturday and Sunday working in their yard. They come over and make remarks and I tell them my yard may not look like yours but you should come and see my food plots.
We are almost three generations removed from the farms now and people have lost a good sense of basic survival. Many do not own guns. Some of my neighbors know that I am a hunting guide and have asked for my advise on best gun for protection. They have no knowledge and have not been around guns. They think that only criminals and police have them. When I pull an AR out of the safe they look at me like I am insane and ask if it is legal. Go 10 miles out of the city and most every house has at least one AR.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

What amazes me is how unprepared for anything people are in the cities. My neighbors will spend all day on Saturday and Sunday working in their yard. They come over and make remarks and I tell them my yard may not look like yours but you should come and see my food plots.
We are almost three generations removed from the farms now and people have lost a good sense of basic survival. Many do not own guns. Some of my neighbors know that I am a hunting guide and have asked for my advise on best gun for protection. They have no knowledge and have not been around guns. They think that only criminals and police have them. When I pull an AR out of the safe they look at me like I am insane and ask if it is legal. Go go 10 miles out of the city and most every house has at least one AR.

You and your family may be self sufficient but as you pointed out, nearly everyone surrounding you isn't. They will crash your door down if SHTF.

~Ann

one of us
posted Hide Post
10 miles is 2 miles further than I go varmint hunting.

Posts: 3692 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Joe from So. Cal.
posted Hide Post
quote:

Without going through your comic book collection, can you document that ridiculous statement?

Posts: 7725 | Location: Peoples Republic Of California | Registered: 13 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Are you Grandpaspaz's son?

~Ann

Bat Shit Crazy
Picture of thaxted
posted Hide Post
quote:

Capt. are you sure that meme is not fake news? If it turns out it is fake you should acknowledge it as such and post it as much possible in response to the forum bolsheviks. dancing rotflmo

It will give them something else to cry about. Big Grin

радянський лайно --- йти ебать твою мать

слава Україні

Posts: 1295 | Location: a state of excited delirium | Registered: 19 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Only a liberal could get away with a statement like that! A conservative would be eviscerated "if" they ever uttered such a threat!

one of us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
I suggest to all of my friend who live in cities to move rural before it's too late.

Here in Alaska it's great but not the only great place to live. I'm 100 miles from the city. No virus and no riots. Anchorage has had some demonstrations but no violence. The small town of Talkeetna had a BLM march. When the rest of the country tears eachother up, I believe rural Alaska (even more so in bush Alaska) will be safe.
c

My worry about Bush Alaska is being "cut off".

True, I have ammo and firearms enough for the grandkids, ( I'll never meet,) if used strictly for subsistence.

The salmon continue to return and I'd hope my daughter and granddaughters will be able to harvest.

But what about the oil? What about the energy and utilities? If oil isn't available heat gets tough and if gasoline isn't available heat gets tougher.

I wonder if central or south America wouldn't be easier to survive in or maybe southern Africa.

In the short term, I agree, living urban I think is needlessly dangerous.

Posts: 6444 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I think this comment ^ illustrates Capt P’s point.

We have to fight to keep our heritage.

Lane

Progressives don’t just have disdain for Conservatives...they loathe the very ground they walk on.

Posts: 27976 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Life will certainly be much more difficult for everyone if energy is cut off. I like my A/C for sure. But the loss of energy would do far more damage to the human population than covid could ever dream of.

~Ann

one of us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/462322717979310051/

https://www.architectmagazine..../going-underground_o

I am thinking you could engineer a geothermal system to power off of a windmill. You basically have to to pump water. Solar farm for led lights and low power. Outdoor wood furnace and boiler for heat and hot water.

Problem now is finding a contractor. They are all booked up. Not going to be pretty on the outside but will efficient and there for my kids when I am gone. Trick is the plumbing/electrical and how to build so you can access to make repairs.

Lots of houses like this have been built in Europe.

one of us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:

c

Roger That Cal,,, I have a few summer neighbors but in winter 2 family a mile away!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1279 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/462322717979310051/

https://www.architectmagazine..../going-underground_o

I am thinking you could engineer a geothermal system to power off of a windmill. You basically have to to pump water. Solar farm for led lights and low power. Outdoor wood furnace and boiler for heat and hot water.

Problem now is finding a contractor. They are all booked up. Not going to be pretty on the outside but will efficient and there for my kids when I am gone. Trick is the plumbing/electrical and how to build so you can access to make repairs.

Lots of houses like this have been built in Europe.

If I was in South East AK I'd have a small hydro unit on a creek and that'd be that. Rain, rain, rain and more rain.
Water runs down hill and it'd spin my hydro power unit in the nearby creek.

Posts: 6444 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not going to stand by and let Marxism take over my country.

I don't know if I would classify trump as a Marxist but if you don't like it vote trump out of office! animal

Roger

A tyrant needs just three things to be successful; a percieved enemy, a gullible public and a head start.

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2332 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
The way the war is coming is via the check book and transfer payments.

https://www.brookings.edu/rese...merica-needs-cities/

https://www.nytimes.com/intera...a-trump-decline.html

All this self reliance stuff is a joke. Get old everyone will be getting on Medicare. Anything happens everyone will be asking us government for subsidy.

Good percentage of us economy is in like 30 counties.

The civil war will be one of cutting back subsidies.

Mike

Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch

Posts: 11474 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
All 4 of my grand parents lived to a ripe old age taking care of themselves. My parents are 80 & 82 and doing the same.

Lane

Progressives don’t just have disdain for Conservatives...they loathe the very ground they walk on.

Posts: 27976 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lane, personal responsibility is sooooo yesterday...

Roll Eyes

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
yuck but true

Lane

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Lane, personal responsibility is sooooo yesterday...

Roll Eyes

Especially for morons.

Medicare and Medicaid are not handouts! They are forced on to us by a coercive govt.......once you reach the age you can't get health insurance.....of course you can buy subsidies.....