Find
Notify
Tools

Pfizer covid vaccine !!!!!! 90 effective Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/1...-vaccine-pfizer.html

“The company said that the analysis found that the vaccine was more than 90 percent effective in preventing the disease among trial volunteers who had no evidence of prior coronavirus infection. If the results hold up, that level of protection would put it on par with highly effective childhood vaccines for diseases such as measles. No serious safety concerns have been observed, the company said“

Stock market ripping.

This is a home run from pfizer and others are coming.

Mike

Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch

Posts: 11355 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 16Bore
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall Trump saying we weren’t far from having a vacccine.

I guess that was a lie.

Posts: 1120 | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Not enough time to know the side effects!

Medicines take years to be approved.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 53962 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Not enough time to know the side effects!

Medicines take years to be approved.

This will be approved in weeks.

We will have a look at 60 day safety at end of November and given covid spike they should be able to hit the 164 efficacy number in early December.

“To confirm the efficacy rate, Pfizer said it would continue the trial until there are 164 COVID-19 cases among participants. Given the recent spike in U.S. infection rates, that number could be reached by early December, Gruber said.“

I expect uae to be among the list of many countries requiring by government mandate to be vaccinated from residents as well as visiting tourist.

Saeed - Get ready to be pricked.

Mike

Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch

Posts: 11355 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
The Trump vaccine.

one of us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Trump's fault.

~Ann

Posts: 15685 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
The vaccine data was expected in November.

What is real positive is the effectiveness of the vaccine. 90 percent efficacy and mass vaccination will make covid a 2020-2021 nightmare but life will continue.

There are numerous other vaccines in the pipeline. Normally a home run on one implies others will be successful.

Biden got lucky.

Mike

Bernard Baruch

one of us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Biden got lucky.

Mike

Thanks to Orange man's policies.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 6574 | Location: Retired and on the road, baby! | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulltool17:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Biden got lucky.

Mike

Thanks to Orange man's policies.

Better to be lucky than anything else in life.

Biden luck clicked in.

2021 will be a good year.

Mike

Bernard Baruch

one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
The vaccines will be a life changer. It will get us out of this covid mess.

I can’t wait to get vaccinated and I think there will be tremendous demand for vaccination without any government requirement.

Mike

Bernard Baruch

one of us
Picture of 16Bore
posted Hide Post
If Biden had 1/2 a brain he’d be first in line, unfortunately he doesn’t.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let's all hope that this or other vaccines are actually 90% effective and provide lasting protection in broad application across all strains.

So far, the research on COVID suggests this is a bridge too far. But nothing is proven until it is proven.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'll be happy to volunteer. To hell with side effects.

I love dogs so much more than people.

Posts: 13725 | Location: Alamogordo, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Real odd how this announcement got delayed until after Nov 3......

It's still very welcome news!

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 6574 | Location: Retired and on the road, baby! | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Let's all hope that this or other vaccines are actually 90% effective and provide lasting protection in broad application across all strains.

So far, the research on COVID suggests this is a bridge too far. But nothing is proven until it is proven.

What research troll - I you any links to any scientific research Wink

This is what the troll was posting 2 days backs

Sukhadwala, realizing you're largely uninformed and childishly gullible try to consider this:

> Approximately 20% of those who recover from COVID show no antibodies to COVID. No antibodies, no defense against the next infection.

> Those who do show the antibodies start to lose their natural antibody protection in 3 to 5 months.

> Epidemiologists are warning that the COVID vaccine may only be effective in 70% to 80% of those vaccinated - unlike Polio and Smallpox vaccines which provide a mostly lifetime protection.

> To date, there are now 16 known strains plus the new Mink COVID virus. Several are distinct enough that those with antibodies from one are vulnerable to another strain.

Now add all that up and please tell us how a magical vaccine is going to conquer SARS-CoV-2?

As I said, believe in the cotton candy bullshit you're being fed by the government, the rest of us will believe the science. The vaccine at best will lower the numbers for awhile, but as soon as the effectiveness wear off, everyone will be vulnerable again.

Ponder the who-gives-a-toss Influenza virus. Why are 600,000 still dying from it on average EVERY year? We have effective vaccines, hundreds of millions around the globe are vaccinated annually, we know the virus inside and out, the CDC has studied and tracked the virus for more than 60 years, and yet 600,000 on average still die from it EVERY year. Hummmmm

The media will be the ones to conquer COVID. They will simply ignoring it, and the gullible like yourself will stop hyperventilating, but that won't protect you from contracting the virus.

And seriously, grab a clue and do try harder on the ad hominem stuff. You're really quite boring. Surely you're more imaginative this this.... Right?

But I do have to admit, I find great humor in the fact that I haunt you so... Big Grin

What a fucking worthless turd who wastes bandwidth Big Grin

Mike

Bernard Baruch

one of us
posted Hide Post
If your little rant and name calling makes you feel better, then great.

But I'll wait for the outcome before blowing my wad like a little child.

coffee

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
continue the trial until there are 164 COVID-19 cases among participants. Given the recent

spike in U.S. infection rates, that number could be reached by early December, Gruber said.“

Sounds like a ''lets get our stock raised'' scam like the dozens of other companies have already done..

In these trials did they just put test folks back out in general population after the shot

or did they expose them to the virus....With a swab to show it was in the body for the vaccine

to work on..Hell the same number without a shot in that time

would show about same results . .... Even though covid cases going up due to people

being careless, its rate is still only a fraction of the colds and flu. So in that time frame

even those without shots would not catch covid(test pos). Its danger is that its mortality rate

is 30 times worse than flu and 1000 times worse than colds....

Without a description of actual testing operation, IT SEEMS A SCAM..

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 25655 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 16Bore
posted Hide Post
It only seems a scam because Trump is still your president.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Nice work by a couple of Turkish immigrants' kids, eh?

https://www.reuters.com/articl...m-team-idUSL8N2HS6QC

I love dogs so much more than people.

Posts: 13725 | Location: Alamogordo, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Thank Marx for Biden, or we would never have had this.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 26717 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BULLL-

I CONDEMNED BOTH SIDES, INCLUDES BIDEN, FOR TOUTING VACCINES

WHEN REAL SCIENTISTS KNOW THEY WON'T WORK.....

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
The Trump vaccine.

. . . Pfizer was never part of Operation Warp Speed and never took any money from the government for development and distribution of a vaccine. Pfizer did take an order for 100 million doses, but nothing for research and development.

Mike

Posts: 18125 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
The Trump vaccine.

. . . Pfizer was never part of Operation Warp Speed and never took any money from the government for development and distribution of a vaccine. Pfizer did take an order for 100 million doses, but nothing for research and development.

Does that somehow make it better? More safe? More efficacious? I am a vaccine believer BTW...asking for a friend. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans. – Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

Posts: 27656 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Get in line for "who wants to be a zombie".

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 8813 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:
The Trump vaccine.

Does that somehow make it better? More safe? More efficacious? I am a vaccine believer BTW...asking for a friend. Wink

. . . just makes it not Trump's vaccine. Simple really, give credit where credit is due . . . to Pfizer. Trump had nothing to do with it.

Mike

Posts: 18125 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:
The Trump vaccine.

. . . just makes it not Trump's vaccine. Simple really, give credit where credit is due . . . to Pfizer. Trump had nothing to do with it.

Good for Pfizer. Good company.

What Trump will have had something to do with...is getting it to the people—distribution logistics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans. – Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

Posts: 27656 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The Trump vaccine.

If someone promised you 1.95 billion dollars, don’t you think that would allow you to reallocate money into R&D?

And I say trump vaccine because everything that happened during his administration he owns, right? Right?

Pfizer didn’t have any problem being connected to warp speed: https://www.pfizer.com/news/pr...nt-us-government-600

Pfizer planned on spending 1 billion to develop the vaccine. Our financial backing on a product help permit that.

Also, you are forgetting that by pre-ordering the vaccine, America gets 100 million doses right away.

That’s not a bad deal...no matter how you try to spin it..

Oh, and remember we also promised a British/Swedish firm 1.2bn for the same thing. The race was on to develop the vaccine. Pushed by American dollars.

It seems to have worked...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Public Citizen, the consumer advocacy group, called the release of the preliminary and incomplete data “bad science” and said that any enthusiasm over the results “must be tempered” until they are reviewed by the FDA and its independent experts.

“Crucial information absent from the companies’ announcement is any evidence that the vaccine prevents serious COVID-19 cases or reduces hospitalizations and deaths due to the disease,” the organization said.

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I am Legend

Posts: 5019 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grandpasez:
Public Citizen, the consumer advocacy group, called the release of the preliminary and incomplete data “bad science” and said that any enthusiasm over the results “must be tempered” until they are reviewed by the FDA and its independent experts.

“Crucial information absent from the companies’ announcement is any evidence that the vaccine prevents serious COVID-19 cases or reduces hospitalizations and deaths due to the disease,” the organization said.

You better tell all the news agencies...they are losing their shit because they see this as a first win for Biden.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
a first win for Biden.

THEY STUPID. ONLY WIN IS PFIZER MAKING BILLIONS

OF ASSHOLE FUNNY MONEY///

AND AFTERWARDS WHEN PEOPLE GET REAL RESULTS BIDEN GETS HURT..

ALL THE PHONY VACCINE SHIT DOZENS OF COMPANIES DID, TO MAKE A MARKET

KILLING, AND RESULTS FAILED, THIS YEAR, SURE DIDN'T HELP TRUMPY ..............

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
Picture of 16Bore
posted Hide Post
I’m confused Gramps....you’re saying a vaccine won’t work?

one of us
posted Hide Post
IT WON'T WORK.

THAT VIRUS IS LIKE CORONA COLD VIRUS AND NEVER HAS ANY VACCINE WORKED.

FLU VACCINES WORK HALF ASS BUT THEY ARE NOT A CORONA VIRUS...

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
Picture of 16Bore
posted Hide Post
Pfizer is lying then. Bidumb is lying. We’re doomed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Vaccines always work that's why we were able to wipe out colds and flu decades ago.

tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Opus, I’d look at the company you’re keeping on this and see if you don’t reconsider.

I really don’t care who gets credit anywhere near as much as I’d like us to return to a resemblance of normality.

Once we have a vaccine distributed, odds are you will be able to get back to Namibia.

Posts: 6248 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would love for the vaccine(s) to work. But unlike others, I don't have blind faith they will. With all the unknowns associated with COVID and it's ability to mutate, I will reserve the Champagne for later.

This may turn into a global game of whack-a-mole and I am not too thrilled with getting a new vaccine shot every time a new COVID strain arises. So I am much more interested in therapeutics that have shown efficacy across multiple strains.

I'll let 30% or so of the population go first and see how long the B cells remember the virus. Then I'll be in the middle of the pack if this all works out. But if all you guys will hurry up and become immune, I won't have to get the vaccine.

As far as getting to Namibia, I can go now, however, December and January are upon us and NOTHING gets done until the start of February. I'll be on that flight regardless of COVID and the herd.

one of us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:

And I say trump vaccine because everything that happened during his administration he owns, right? Right?

rotflmo Not according to Trump, he only owns the good stuff, everything else is someone else fault...

Posts: 5804 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Haha, not really. Trump says he does take responsibility for anything. You going to give him credit for his gun grab too? 2018R-22F

Posts: 796 | Location: WA, USA | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranb40:
quote:

Haha, not really. Trump says he does take responsibility for anything. You going to give him credit for his gun grab too? 2018R-22F

I can’t stand trump. If you can’t understand the point I was making...I can’t help that...