THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sporting Clays Shooters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington 11-87 Sporting Clays model, 26 inch barrel with interchangeable choke tubes.

Posts: 5691 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm more of a 5-Stand shooter, but do mix in rounds of Sporting Clays.

As for equipment I've chosen to go "retro-low and old tech". I shoot with blue collar shotguns from the 50's; 16 gauge, pumps, stuff with no vent rib, etc. I find I'm going to shoot pretty much the same score with them as I would with the higher end stuff I have (mid 70's). The targets break when hit by a couple number 7 1/2's regardless of the shotgun they came out of. And long ago I figured out the object should be to have fun shooting guns, and I seem to have a lot of fun shooting a Stevens 620 (or Remington 11, Browning Double Auto, Ithaca 37, Winchester 25, or___________). Besides, gives me a built in excuse when I miss the one out of four targets I'm going to miss anyway! Cool

Get some interesting looks when you show up with a High Standard Flight King or Savage 655 in 16 gauge. I get a real giggle out of cranking on a polychoke and asking for choke advice. Usually the guys I'm shooting with have more money tied up in their trigger upgrades than I have in my entire pawn shop rescue collection.

Posts: 3273 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Browning 725 Sporting 30" barrels.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm normally a trap shooter (usually 3-4 rounds/wk), and shoot a Browning Citori XT with 32" barrels. Recently started shooting sporting clays about once a month with a group of friends at another local club and I'm really enjoying it. I've been scouring for a new old stock Citori XS, but their new CX model has also piqued my interest.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Miroku made Charles Daly 20 guage, various Belgian and Japanese auto 5's.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Started in the early 90's with a Beretta silver snipe 24 inch barrels mod and cyl fixed chokes. Works great for my early season partridge gun in heavy cover. Then went to a Miroku made Charles Daly 12 ga. supposed to be full and extra full that no longer was used when you had to use steel shot on ducks and geese. From there I went to a SKB 686 28 inch barrels Hasting wad stripper chokes. I bought this gun just for shooting clays.
Have slowed down a lot the last few years. A year ago I shot one round.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot a AL 391 Urika 12 ga., been looking to pick up a 686 for doves and clays.

CO School of Trades 1976, Gunsmithing

Posts: 126 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot sporting clays with a Beretta 686 SP1 32" Carlson choked AA ammo.

Posts: 225 | Location: AZ | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perazzi MX-3, 28" bbls... live bird gun with no choke in either barrel... Winchester Pigeon grade 101 with 30" bbls, Winchokes, ported by Briley... Winchester Field gun, 27" bbls, Winchokes... all 12 ga... Browning Citori Lightning, 20 ga, 28" bbls, invector chokes.. round knob, long tang...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2824 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beretta 682 Gold E Limited with 32" 12ga non ported barrels, 20ga barrels and 28ga barrels.

Beretta 682 Gold E Gallery with 32" non ported barrels.

Briley Optima Titanium choke tubes.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 859 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife shoots a Browning 325 IV 30" barrels
My son just picked up a Beretta 687 silver Pidgeon lll 32" barrels.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have shoot lots of good guns through the years, but lately been shooting an MX 8 Perazzi. Also have a nice mod 32 Kriegoff and Blaser Super trap combo. It is not the bow, it is the Indian.

Posts: 296 | Location: Clyde Park, MT | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Old school for shot trap and skeet with Win. Model 12's for some years and couple years or so ago bought me a pair of Merkels, one 30"/12 gauge and other 28gauge/28". Typical German craftsmanship, very nice deep engraving, quality wood and they fit me well for a factory stock. I don't think they are in the class of a K or P gun, but they are a fine shotgun and don't think you could ever shoot one loose or off face, stiff as a board to open but excellent triggers and shoot where you point them. Would really like to buy a 410 version but that really jumps up in price so may have Briley fit the 28 with 410 tube set, fitted ones. I frequently shot 25 and 50 straight with the Model 12 at trap and been shooting the 12 gauge Merkel as well and it will do as well if hold it properly. Both Merkels are Model 201E's and are pretty much identical other than the 28 is built on scaled down frame and only 5 S/N's apart and signed engraving. I admire the Berettas, K and P guns, but have grown to like these Merkels and especially the 28 for skeet, choked skeet and skeet.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's the Indian, not the arrow, as they say, though I am curently shooting a Caesar Guerini Invictus, 32" barrels, with an adjustable comb. That's necessary to get the right fit. 1 ounce of 7-1/2 shot. IC chokes both barrels.

I'm not sure I do any better than with my Browning O/U but with Brownings you need to replace the bottom firing pin once in awhile.

If I shot a semi, I would ick a Beretta A400 or a Benelli because my friends who shoot al otghers, it seems, have a jam or failure to feed every once in awhile.

Tried Super Spoting reently. What a blast!

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

Posts: 1184 | Registered: 06 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perazzi Mirage 12 and Perazzi MX20. I no longer shoot registered targets.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post