THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sporting Clays Shooters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beretta 686 and White Onyx in .20 gauge and my pet Remington 1100.

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmm. I have only shot sporting clays once. It was a huge course with a golf cart provided to travel to the various stations. With the wide variety of shots that I saw, would the 20ga. not be a disadvantage? I must confess that I shoot trap with my 20ga Rem 1100 but I know at what distance I will be breaking the targets. With the SC clays course that I shot I did not know that.
Any thoughts?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10300 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
During summer friend and I shoot weekly. Friendly shooting, very non-competitive between each other but striving for weekly improvement.
I shoot Beretta Black Onyx 12. He shoots a Beretta A400 20ga. Mine gets cleaned weekly. His starts clean and gets cleaned in September.
Wonderful course in Polson MT.

Posts: 229 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've shot something like 60,000 registered targets since 1992. And I don't shoot nearly as much as the "devoted" Master Class guys.
I'm competitive in AA class, but when hunting season starts, sporting comes second.
I've shot them all: Beretta Autos (303,391,400),Beretta 686, Beretta DT-10L, Krieghoffs, Gambas, Perazzis and some I've forgotten- but have landed on a older set of high rib Perazzi MX-3 Special Trap Guns, one set up for box birds with fixed chokes and one for sporting clays with screw in chokes. Both with recoil reduction (Soft Touch and ISIS).

Posts: 29 | Registered: 10 September 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post