THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What rear sight fits this 40X?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone tell me what kind of rear sight would fit the base on this Remington 40X listed on Gunbroker? I can't give a link but the listing number is 619065369.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not go look at the listing, but I doubt it would be different that any other 40X- Red field base for International or Palma would be the normal choice.

If it isn't that, then perhaps a more modern base for a modern micrometer sight like a Warner etc. Lipski makes such a base and is adaptable for most older ( RF) and newer (Warner, RPA etc) sights.

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HP Master hit it on the head. That rifle is set up for LR prone matches. It would use a Warner type rear sight and it has the barrel block for the Unertl type scopes.

Posts: 747 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same as a 700 also.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As mentioned the Lipski base which attaches to a rear scope base provides almost unlimited adjustment for the height or position of the micrometer rear sight. Basic Weaver aluminum rear scope base for the Rem. 700 works fine.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post