THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First US Gold Medal 2016
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, I haven't heard a word. Can you read?

I also said I haven't watched all of the Olympics show, a good bit of which "color" including that queer is just plain stupid.

Yes I can read, I was just wondering what point you were trying to make. You "haven't heard a word" means what? That it didn't happen or that you missed it? Exactly what is your DAMN point? Innuendo as usual. Either NBC showed it or they didn't. If they did and you didn't see it, then quit your damn complaining and whining. Fact is that NBC is doing a pretty good job of showing a variety of sports. I have seen fencing, riding and swimming coming out of the wazoo!! Shooting is unfortunately NOT a spectator sport.
The simple fact is that Kim Rhode chose to speak at the Republican National Convention in 2012. If you choose to leverage your sporting prowess in a political forum then don't be surprised if that stays with you. However do you really believe that Kim Rhode is being singled out for her appearance at the RNC by not having her sporting achievements reported by the news media? In your case: YES!!! Of course you do! You could not survive for one minute if you did not believe that the news media would do that! Be professional? Impossible (for the liberals). Do your job? Impossible (for the liberals). Be impartial? Who in their right mind would even WANT to do that?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The point was, if you could read, is that I had not heard a word about it. As I explained, which you seem to have missed, I could have missed it. It was clearly written, so you can take your innuendo and shove it up your endo.

AFA Kim Rhode's medal count, she is one of six who have ever won 6 medals in 6 different Olympics and did so after overcoming significant health issues. Now, if that isn't worthy of an interview, perhaps, just perhaps, it might be because she is an outspoken pro-gunner? You can call it what you want, I call it discrimination against gun owners.

I find it interesting that you expend so much effort trying to show that the media is not biased against gun owners, which, with extremely rare exceptions they obviously are.

PS: You and Wesbrook are the same.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I call it discrimination against gun owners.

Oh my! The poor gun owners are being discriminated against!!! BOO HOO! I'm going to tell my Mommy!
FWI I can get ALL the information I want about Olympic Skeet, Archery, Fencing, Eventing etc. In fact ALL the sports I am interested in. I do not feel discriminated against!
BTW who is Wesbrook? Am I supposed to know who he is?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
For those REALLY interested in seeing what NBC has to say as opposed to whining:

"1: Kim Rhode – Bronze – Women's Skeet

Kim Rhode is simply one of the greatest Olympians of all time. Her six consecutive individual medals make her the only Summer Olympian to ever accomplish this feat. She started in double trap, but after she won gold in the 2004 Athens Games, the event was dropped for women. She shifted her focus to skeet, where she won silver in Beijing, gold in London, and now bronze in Rio.

Earning this last medal was no easy task. Rhode had to compete in a sudden death shoot off just to get to the bronze medal match. Then, the bronze medal match went to four rounds of a sudden death shoot off, where Rhode finally won. To secure the record, Rhode showed the champion level composure everyone knows she possesses. "

And for those who want to know where this came from:
http://www.nbcolympics.com/new...shooting-moments-rio

Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
For those who don't have their head stuck in a rectal orifice, here is the real reviews of NBC's coverage of Rio.

quote:
NBC Olympics coverage ends with poor ratings, criticism
By Carole Glines Published August 22, 2016

NBC commentators hurting the Olympics?

NBC concluded its controversial Olympic coverage on Sunday night after two weeks of bad reviews and lower than expected ratings.

The network couldn't match its robust numbers from four years ago in London. The ratings for the closing ceremony fell a staggering 31 percent from the 2012 Olympics, according to Deadline.

Just days before the closing ceremony, Deadline reported, the Rio Olympics numbers had fallen 17 percent from 2012.

Before the games began, NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke said that his "nightmare" scenario would be a 20 percent ratings drop, according to Bloomberg.

Throughout the 16-day sports extravaganza, viewers ripped NBC on social media for tape delays, endless commercial breaks, and announcing blunders.

Even one of NBC's former analysts, Dwight Stones, who used to call the field events, has lambasted the network.

Olympic medalist Stones said NBC "ignored and belittled" the field events in track and field (such as the shot put and his former sport, the high jump) and called its coverage "a disgrace."

Stones, who now covers the Olympics for ESPN International, revealed to Slate that NBC's track and field producers are terrible: "They are not innovators, they do not want to do anything but play it safe…."

He's not the only one upset. Sports fans accustomed to instant Internet news were annoyed about having to wait to see events that actually took place hours before – while sitting through commercials and athlete puff pieces.

But the good news for NBC, whose parent Comcast paid $12 billion for exclusive Olympics broadcast rights in the U.S. through 2032, is that its online live streaming of events surged.

In fact, as the Los Angeles Times reported, NBC Sports Group Chairman Mark Lazarus called the Rio Games "the most economically successful" in history because of the cumulative audience for coverage on all of NBCUniversal's cable networks and NBC's online streaming app.

Still, a very small amount of overall viewers streamed, according to reports.

Meanwhile, people who decided to tune in to the big prime time broadcast events were just steamed.

The discontent began during August 5's commercial flooded opening ceremony. And it didn't get better once competition started, as a man named Everett tweeted, "NBC clearly bringing home the gold medal in number of commercials."

Network promos were just as ubiquitous as ads for Chrysler.

According to AdvertisingAge, NBC and its cable networks aired more than 3,000 in-house plugs during the first 12 days of Olympics coverage, with the new sci-fi drama series "Timeless" getting particular love.

That wasn't the only complaint about NBC's coverage, though, as tape delays loomed large.

Gymnastics fans were particularly unhappy about NBC airing the ladies' finals near the witching hour.

Becky Hennessy tweeted, "Thanks @NBCOlympics It's 11:30 p.m. and I'm watching the women's gymnastics. Would have loved to share it with my kids."

Via Twitter, Samantha Burton sighed, "…I don't know if I can keep watching all of this Olympic coverage deep into the night. I'm exhausted."

Games' watchers also took potshots at announcers' insensitive comments.

Al Trautwig ruffled feathers by calling gymnast Simone Biles' adoptive parents her grandparents. He later apologized and retracted his statements.

Then, Dan Hicks was called out for sexism when he said Hungarian swimmer Katinka Hosszu's husband Shane Tusup, who is also her coach, was "the man responsible" for her world-record breaking gold medal performance (Hicks pointed out Hosszu herself had hailed Tusup for his support).

Host Bob Costas got mocked for his interview with gymnasts Simone Biles and Aly Raisman by dwelling on their NBC-arranged meeting with Zac Efron—and their desire to eat junk food.

Raisman sensed the awkwardness and asked Costas, “Was that your best interview ever or what?”

Viewers were further outraged on Saturday night, when NBC's track and field sideline reporter Lewis Johnson told American 5,000 meters runner Paul Chelimo on live TV that he had been disqualified from the race.

Chelimo was visibly devastated, and although he was later reinstated and received the silver medal, viewers like WildGravity Travels said on Twitter that NBC "owes him an apology for embarrassing him on national tv."

But Olympics fans really howled after NBC aired a Matt Lauer interview with Ryan Lochte on Saturday night, in which the disgraced swimmer attempted to explain his shady robbed at gunpoint story. Lauren Smith tweeted that the network should be "showing actual sports, and not giving Lochte more air time."

Is it already too late for NBC to change its approach for future Olympics? Mary Louise Turner on Twitter seemed to speak for many when she wrote that NBC's credibility is "…damaged forever as a result of their dismal coverage."

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Changing the topic again, I see. The topic was about SHOOTING and your claim:
"I call it discrimination against gun owners."
I responded to that claim. At no point have I commented on NBC's overall coverage of the games, other than the fact that I have been able to find what I wanted to see. I don't care how many people watched the games. Neither do I care how many streamed the games. The fact that fewer Americans watched the games is a reflection on THEM, not the games. If they prefer American Ninja, or Survivor, or "So you think you can dance" fine.
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Silly old bear. The topic was the first gold medal for the US at the Olympics.

You are clearly the one who changed it from a great shooting effort to arguing for your liberal vs conservative agenda. Silly old bear. Do try to keep up.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, so the "discrimination against gun owners" was what....?
What does that have to do with a "great shooting effort"?
The usual right wing B-S.
Now who is the "silly old bear"?!!
Peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Oh, so the "discrimination against gun owners" was what....?
What does that have to do with a "great shooting effort"?
The usual right wing B-S.
Now who is the "silly old bear"?!!
Peter

I was wrong. I should have said "silly old SLOW bear", as in not mentally acute.

And, I'm done with arguing with an idiot. You're like shit on your shoe, you can wipe it off and it still leaves an odor.

The Olympics are over and I'm over your inability to recognize media bias.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
inability to recognize media bias.

Oh! Like this:

"1: Kim Rhode – Bronze – Women's Skeet

Kim Rhode is simply one of the greatest Olympians of all time. Her six consecutive individual medals make her the only Summer Olympian to ever accomplish this feat. She started in double trap, but after she won gold in the 2004 Athens Games, the event was dropped for women. She shifted her focus to skeet, where she won silver in Beijing, gold in London, and now bronze in Rio.

Earning this last medal was no easy task. Rhode had to compete in a sudden death shoot off just to get to the bronze medal match. Then, the bronze medal match went to four rounds of a sudden death shoot off, where Rhode finally won. To secure the record, Rhode showed the champion level composure everyone knows she possesses. "
"Kim Rhode is simply one of the greatest Olympians of all time"
What incredible media bias! How do they get away with it! Where is the NRA when you need them!

I am glad you are done. So am I. Tired of dealing with a jackass who can't read.
Peter