THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First US Gold Medal 2016
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Virginia Thrasher wins Gold 10 meter air rifle!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
A-hole liberals are already sending hate posts & tweets because the USA's first gold medal was won by a marks(wo)man with a (gasp!) GUN. Roll Eyes

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1545 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A-hole liberals are already sending hate posts & tweets because the USA's first gold medal was won by a marks(wo)man with a (gasp!) GUN.

Hmmm. Where? How many? I am not on Twitter so I guess I just don't see these "A-hole liberals". Do tell!
Do these "A-hole liberals" know that is was an air rifle?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I met Ginny last fall when in Morgantown to watch my Grandson play football. Jon Hammond, WVU rifle coach, invited me to their indoor range. He is a very nice young man. Ginny was practicing at the time as well as Will Anti. Will's Dad, Mike, is a rifle coach at the Air Force Academy and a former WVU All American, with a Silver in the Greek Olympics. WVU has a great group of shooters returning to defend their NCAA Championship.
This past year, Ginny as a new freshman won both the air rifle and small bore individual NCAA Championship.
Very proud of her.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very proud of her.

With good reason! She beat the best in the world in a very competitive sport. Even if she didn't win a gold medal, I would still be proud of her. She has demonstrated perseverance, dedication, and all the attributes that go into being successful in a shooting sport, or any sport for that matter! So, why take that away by going on about "liberals"? These athletes personify all that is good about the human spirit. The post I responded to personifies the worst about the human spirit. What's wrong with celebrating the best, even if only for 2 weeks?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way to go, young lady!

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
So, why take that away by going on about "liberals"? These athletes personify all that is good about the human spirit. The post I responded to personifies the worst about the human spirit. What's wrong with celebrating the best, even if only for 2 weeks?
Peter

Peter, you are of course correct--there are doubtless many "liberals" who enjoy the shooting sports and support the 2nd Amendment.

What I should have said--if anything--is that it's a shame when anti-gun "haters" take a great victory and turn it into a political statement on social media.

It would have been better for me to say nothing except "congratulations" to the young lady, but it irritates me to no end seeing a fine athlete's hard-fought achievements denigrated.

Consider my comment "deleted."

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1545 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Nitro Express had it right the first time. "Going on" about liberals posting trash about her victory is simply stating a fact. How in hell does that take away from her victory? Some people are so politically correct they wouldn't say shit with a mouthful of it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus 1

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
NE, this is a "Competitive Shooting" forum (I thought). So let me add that in Women's Trap:

"Australian Catherine Skinner secured gold in the women's trap shooting at her first Olympic games in Rio.
Skinner, 26, recovered from a poor start to beat New Zealand's Natalie Rooney 12-11 in the final.
Corey Cogdell won bronze in a shoot-off for the USA against Spain's Fatima Galvez after tying their match 13-13."
So, USA won Bronze and I really don't care who likes it and who doesn't. Good for Corey!

Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all the shooters.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Circling back to the OP, just Google Virginia Thrasher and you will find that her win was reported by EVERY news media outlet, but I guess that doesn't count because of "hate posts & tweets"!!!
Peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've watched dozens of hours of Olympics and results. The ONLY shooter I've heard mentioned was Virginia Thrasher, who won a great first gold medal.

OTOH, having won 6 medals in 6 different Olympics, a feat only equaled by 5 other athletes in Olympic history, I haven't heard a word about Kim Rhode. Now, I could have missed it, but it certainly was not a topic of major discussion by the talking heads.

Could be because she says:

quote:
Rhode often fields questions about gun control and the powerful pro-gun lobby, the National Rifle Association, with whom she started competing in rifle shooting at the age of 10.

"I am a life-time member of the NRA and my son is as well," she said, adding "it's because of them that I started."

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
You haven't heard a word?

"Funny she was covered on NBC, they reported she got the Bronze medal and showed the medal award ceremony for her event, the Women's Skeet Match."
Posted on Heat Street.
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
No, I haven't heard a word. Can you read?

I also said I haven't watched all of the Olympics show, a good bit of which "color" including that queer is just plain stupid.

Seen an interview with her?

xxxxxxxxxx