THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Competitive Shooting    Preparing to stick my toe in NRA/CMP Highpower again
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Preparing to stick my toe in NRA/CMP Highpower again
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
INTJ: Sure hear you bout the weather. I am hoping the Oregon mud starts to dry out in May.
Mike, thanks for sharing your experiences in such detail.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16348 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone going to Atterbury, Indiana this year??
I am booked for July 22,23, and 24th for Long Range matches. Been some 20plus years since I shot competitively and think, emphasis on think, still have the basics down. Put together basic Rem. 700 action, Douglas 26"CM, 4 groove, barrel with McMilan A5 stock over the winter and been practicing prone at local range. Neck and back muscles that I forgot I had are telling me that at 74 should do something else, but going to have a go at it anyway. Have a Warner rear sight as well as a Zelenak one and Anshutz globe front and have had both eyes operated on for cataracts and vision is now 20-15 which is supposedly excellent and can say made a huge difference in my vision. Got some 6 weeks to go yet and plan on spending most of that time practicing. Have confidence in equipment and my loads so the rest is up to the trigger puller, me.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Instructor:
Anyone going to Atterbury, Indiana this year??
I am booked for July 22,23, and 24th for Long Range matches. Been some 20plus years since I shot competitively and think, emphasis on think, still have the basics down. Put together basic Rem. 700 action, Douglas 26"CM, 4 groove, barrel with McMilan A5 stock over the winter and been practicing prone at local range. Neck and back muscles that I forgot I had are telling me that at 74 should do something else, but going to have a go at it anyway. Have a Warner rear sight as well as a Zelenak one and Anshutz globe front and have had both eyes operated on for cataracts and vision is now 20-15 which is supposedly excellent and can say made a huge difference in my vision. Got some 6 weeks to go yet and plan on spending most of that time practicing. Have confidence in equipment and my loads so the rest is up to the trigger puller, me.

Are you shooting the long range match?

Posts: 2950 | Registered: 26 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post