The Accurate Reloading Forums
Getting an old Swage-o-matic in service, need some info

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3621043/m/988107235

31 August 2006, 07:39
John O'Connell
Getting an old Swage-o-matic in service, need some info
Well my Ebay press came today with a set of .357 die and top punch in place. I took it all apart and cleaned it and slipped in the set of .452 die and punch and it is good to go but I must first make the bottom push rod with my little Unimat Lathe. I took the dimensions from the .357 push rod and I would like to ask if the head on another cal is the same thickness. The shaft I got with the press is 2.154 in. long and the head is .193 thick, width will be cut to slide in the base of the die. Shaft is 1/4 in. as dictated by the hole in the ram. Any of you who have any size die. I would appreciate the length and head thickness dimension you have and let me know the cal. that way I can verify my intended plan. thanks in advance. JB
05 October 2006, 11:49
ExE7
If you want to e-mail or call me at work, I have some reference presses in my little museum of old swaging machines, along with dies, and I can get the dimensions for you. I'm usually in the office every Monday through Thursday afternoon, west coast time, at 541-826-5211.

Anyone who needs dimensions or info about old swaging presses like the Swag-O-Matic, the Biehler and Astles, Easton, Hollywood, early RCBS or the like, is welcome to contact me for info. I collect early swage systems for reference, and am always interested in trading for ones I might not have yet.