Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for swage press
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted
I m currently looking for a swage press. Brand new they run about $600. So if anyone has a used one I would be more then happy to help make room in your shops/storage.
Thanks!

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Richard Corbin, rceco.com, has a swaging only press for $250 (plus ship of course)... if it is big enough. Mr. Blackmon has one with dies for about that. Good luck on the "used" search. Sometimes they appear on ebay and Dave Corbin, corbins.com, has a "used section."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the new Walnut Jill will also work to reload ammunition on. Sooo, buy one and be able to load all the way to 700AHR as well as swage the bullets for it.

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
Can I use Dav corbins dies in those?

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes with a adaper,that is how i use my walnut hill with corbin dies.
i think the adapter are 45.00

Posts: 82 | Location: az | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
Who sells the adapters? Which corben dies are you talking about? I would like to buy david corbins dies.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i use dave corbin s dies in richard corbins walnut hill press.richard corbin sells the adapters.

Posts: 82 | Location: az | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
thumb Great news! Thats going to save me a shit ton of cash! thanks!

NRA LIFE MEMBER

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI, there are two Corbin brothers and they used to be partners (??) worked together anyway. They had a difference of opinion. (Surprise... Cain and Able???) and split.

Dave is at corbins.com/swage.com and other web addresses.

Richard has one I know of, rceco.com.

Yes, with some adapting their equipment interchages.

There are other sources of dies, Deutsch, Neemi, Ch4d.com, Hollywood, etc. depending on what you intend. Mr. Blackmon has a very good rep. Addresss in Gun Digest Annual directory. No web site I know of.

Not for the impoverished or weak of will, but if you think you can then do... Luck.