Notify
Tools

Re: .500 Jeffery No 3 bullet design PICTURES
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Now that's..!! what i call a bullet..!!

What a Cape Stopper..

The other bullet's shown above with the square hole's are all good looking bullet's..

Try putting a 6 inch wet phone book up againest a 6 inch thick wood post and try shooting through all of it
then post the pickure's of the bullet's ...

Man O Man your bullet's good

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen

This is not what W.J. Jeffery & CO. LTD
had in mind back in August 21 1928

Note the death crimp This is possible due to the angel of the grooves.

The steel plate infront of the tips is a anti recoil spring contraption so that the tips do not get deformations under recoil.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Martin

I will test in wet phone books 6 feet of them.
Do you think that will stop them ?
I hope that the bullet will expand !
If not it will try other types of copper and experiment with the square hole.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Could i ask what your shooting your bullet through
rifle wise
?

Last time i tested out the 460 i shot it lenght wise up an alder using solid's and it wnt alot father then 6 feet
hell the 458 with soild's shot into an alder lenght wise goes farther....
The old 45/70 with really stout load's and a 400 grain solid copper goes 3 feet up the tree..

And your bullet's fired from your rifle will do far more then my old out dated 45/70 will every hope to do

The bullets you have had made or made are some of the nice's
looking bullet's i have seen in a long time .....

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Martin

The rifle I use is a Heym express mauser type bolt action rifle, 24" barrel.
The bullets are made by me and my friend. I do the design and he operates the machines.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Dang.! buddy a 500 Jeffery you should just be hacking the lumber in half with that rifle.

Pottsy

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope to get anything in-between 2300-2500 fps.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice but next time could you put alittle more crimp on the bullet

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen

The actual weight of the solid is 594,5 grn and the square hole bullet is 504 grn.
I will be making the cup bigger and loose somne weight on the solid but it will still be a heavy solid. about 550-570 grn.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andr�

arn't you getting the expantion ?

are you talking about the one bullet that is dished out
rather then hollowed if so why not just chuck it back up and drill a sec/ hole in the middle of the dish half the diam of the dish or even a quarter the size

one of us
posted Hide Post
Martin

I did not shoot them yet.
Finding a place to play is hard and it gets dark very early in The Kingdom of Denmark these days
I need light for the chrone.

No 2 cup point solid design is not done yet.

The one in the picture weighs 594,5 grn

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Martin

I did not shoot them yet.
Finding a place to play is hard and it gets dark very early in The Kingdom of Denmark these days
I need light for the chrone.

No 2 cup point solid design is not done yet.

The one in the picture weighs 594,5 grn

Cheers,

Andr�

I can understand .. when i lived in Alaska and at this time of year it was light for about 4 to 5 hour's a day

Bummer well look at it like this you won't be able to say the same thing during the summer month's

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Bummer well look at it like this you won't be able to say the same thing during the summer month's

Yeah it is light all the time.

I will try to find a place to shoot them I can not wait any longer.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dang most of my pictures are gone.
I will make them come back...Trust me. Wink

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

one of us
posted Hide Post
André

have you done anymore testing with your bullet's

one of us
posted Hide Post
Martin

I have not had time but maybe this week.
I got the phone books and newspapers.
I think that phone books are too hard what do you think ?

Cheers,

André

one of us
posted Hide Post
André

I think that if my PA Design bullet's in .510 can go through 81 inch's of wet new's print
out of a 50-110 Winchester then phone book might be a better route to go.

I cant find enough phone book's to do any testing ..Just old new's print/paper's

And thought's arn't even my.! test's there other's that have shoot the bullet's i have sent out to them...

First try... the old new's paper's ..then try phone book's..

All i have is a water tank to do test's and all it does is ..STOP the bullet so i can check the expantion of the bullet and all my bullet's are fired from an air gun..i max out at 3800 PSI
but can tune it to almost any speed/vel..

So buddy i really don't know what to say..save try the new paper or phone book but go paper rist

Pottsy

PA Bullet's

one of us
posted Hide Post
Test results Smiler

Cup points penetrated 70 cm and the square hole bullets 60 cm.
Bullets where shoot in phone books at 20 meters.

Cheers,

André

one of us
posted Hide Post
I still like the one on the far left ....
what speed's were you using on the diffrent bullet's ..and powder type ...

Dang ...you really need to PM me with your address so i can try and sneek some of my bullet's i make to you..

Pottsy

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pottsy

PM send.

Velocity was 750 m/sec with the square hole bullets and 700 with the cup points.
Powder: N 140, 118 grn
Primer: CCI 250
Brass: D. Horneber

Cheers,

André

one of us
posted Hide Post
André Wrote:>
=============================
Pottsy

PM send.

Velocity was 750 m/sec with the square hole bullets and 700 with the cup points.
Powder: N 140, 118 grn
Primer: CCI 250
Brass: D. Horneber

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN
===============================

Use enough gun.!! If thats the case you would already be using a 750 Nitro Express..

I got your PM and i am going to be giving it a try

we will know soon if the little bell's make it

Pottsy

PA Bullet's

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tell me more about the .750 NE Razzer

I can proberly shoot my 5 Heym express faster then the .750 NE Wink
gunsmile

Cheers,

André

one of us
posted Hide Post
No.....

It's you can recover from shooting all 5 of your heym's rifle's faster then shooing the 750 Nitro Express Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Andre',

Where the phone books in your test, soaked with water or where they dry?

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hog killer

The books where dry, we did not have time to soak them, it was getting dark and we wanted to shoot while it was still light outside.

Here is a picture of the test bench.

Cheers,

André

One of Us
Picture of collani
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MartinPotts:
_André_ Wrote:>
... bullets and 700 with the cup points.

@andré

If you try to reduce the diameter at the front of your cup point bullet you will get at least 50m/s more speed due to the reduction of the barrel friction!

Good shooting and good hunting
Collani

Gian Marchet Colani - the most famous mountain chamois hunter in the European Alps....

Posts: 118 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Collani

I think you are right.
The front part is 12,7 and the grooves are 12,9.
I think I will try 12,6, sub caliber, on the front part so that they will not touch the bore.
I do not know about 50 m7sec but maybe 20 or so.

Cheers,

André

One of Us
Picture of collani
posted Hide Post
At least much less pressure!!!

Good shooting and good hunting
Collani

Gian Marchet Colani - the most famous mountain chamois hunter in the European Alps....

Posts: 118 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote