Notify
Tools

Saeed on your .700 Diameter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Saeed on your .700 diameter bullet's ..

Did you ever swage out any at all ?

The reason i ask is that on my lead filled soild's i am rolling the bottom's over to hold the core's in after i bond them .. is this what you have done on your's

I made the base's which become the front of the bullet's a heaver wall 0.050 x 0.0750 tapered .

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Martin,

I have a message for you from Walter; he says " I hope this man makes better bullets than he takes photos!"

You should be happy, Walter is only nasty to people he likes!!

The few bullets we swaged were a logn time ago, and we did not do anything special. Just swaged a few to see how they looked. We shot a few, and they seemed to perform - accuracy-wise - just as well as factory made bullets.

Time permitting, we might make a few on our CNC lathe.

We have spent the past couple of days setting up designs for bullets of .458, .404, .416 and .366.

All these are basically the same design as our .585 bullets. I will post photos in the next day or two.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66742 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed in regard's to the .366 Daineter bullet's

I take it that you or someone you know has a ? 9.3x74 or a 9.3x64 or somthing along those line's .

The reason i bring this up is becouse i have started to make / or am starting to make them in a rebaitted boattail to give them alittle range .somthing in my mind that should have been done long ago..

I have also started doing the same thing to the .423 diameter bullet's ( 404 ) that as well is long over due.

What kind of design's have you got on the drawing board for the bullet diameter's listed.

I was talking to richard the other day and he has come up with a few idea's on making a swaging die for grooved bullet's..

It would go from a 3 or 4 step make up of the bullet to ( using the groove idea ) to a 9 step
set up ...casing the core's .. forming the core's .. bonding the core's ... reseating the core's tighter... point forming the jacketed core into a bullet... Forcing the bullet through a former with small round groove's
( as to not brake the bond on the core to jacket) doing that set twice more in order to
get the groove's down finer and more rounded ...
still with out braking the bond on the bullet..

I know i left out a few step's ...

Now as for Walter ..

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote