New
Find
Notify
Tools

32-40
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a box of that John Wayne ammunition that Winchester made in 1983-1984. The cup, core and cannelured bullet weighs 165 grains, and I have all dimensions for it. My wife and I have a corbin H shaped swager (also good for loading 50 BMG) on a heavy stand that you, 'er stand on.

Question me this:
At the low velocities that this bullet travels, it probably doesn't need to be bonded. Is there a market for this bullet? It is much more accurate than an all lead pill. I would sell these at #50/box. Any ballpark ideas on what I might charge. I would need to also pay for a Corbin power cannelure tool.
Thanks. Would bonding be worthwhile in people's minds?

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will check them out. These bullets do not need a secant ogive, but the mass of the bullet is close to ideal. Maybe I just dodged a lot of work. I will see how they perform. Thanks for posting your response. I used to live in Karup between Viborg and Herning on the Jutland peninsula. I was flying F-16s at the Nato base there.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
As a former Corbin swaging junkie, I would not worry about going to the trouble of bonding core and jacket for a .32-40 bullet.
A nice, firm cannelure and you should be golden. I had the manual cannelure tool from Dave Corbin and much preferred the C&H.
Did you ever overfly the Åland Islands? Wife's people are from there.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote