New
Find
Notify
Tools

bullet making on history channel
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
saturday morning on the history channel they had the WINCHESTER plant on. they showed how bullets were mass produced and cartrages were loaded for high power rifle. the most interesting for me i guess was they showed how they made the lead wire for bullet cores. the lead wasn't heated at all it was forced into a lead wire by pressure only Eeker.. they also showed how shot was made by dropping molten lead from the shot tower. very interesting show. anyone else catch it??

LIFE IS SHORT..........

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Damn! I missed that Frowner

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Missed part of the program but interesting, what I did see, especially in that many years ago I was taken on a tour of the plant. Back then there was an overhead shaft with large belts running the machinery on the floor. At that time Winchester was playing with the 14 gauge and was able to "borrow" one of the cases. The case annealing station looked very similiar to the one of old. Seems as though some program, lat year possibly, showed part of the Federal plant in operation.

posted Hide Post
Do you remember the name of the show, The history Channel often repeats the same show a few times a month. Thanks