THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BULLETMAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Bullet Making    does anyone make a 358429 hollow point bullet mold

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

does anyone make a 358429 hollow point bullet mold
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Guys , does anyone make a 358429 hollow point bullet mold that casts two or more bullets , I have been looking for a original Ideal / Lyman , problem cost and casts only one bullet at a time , please post , many thanks,

Posts: 5530 | Location: new york | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have a couple of options. I don' know for certain if Lyman still offers the 358429 in four cavity, but if so, buy that mould and send it to Erik at www.hollowpointmoulds.com (I think that is the proper web address, but you should verify). He is a master at hollow pointing moulds.

The other option is to look up NOE (Night Owl Enterprises) and see if he offers a HP clone of the Lyman offering. He does excellent work.

Good luck.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lyman at one time made a hollow point version of this mould. I bought mine on eBay. Mine is marked 358429, but I have heard most of the hollow point moulds for this bullet were marked 358439. I have not looked at moulds on eBay in several years, so don't know what is showing up now. I sent Erik a single cavity Lyman 452423 and had him convert it to a hollow point mould. It makes excellent bullets that expand well but don't fragment. Hope this helps.