New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB lyman #299155 mould for 80 grn .300 rook
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have been having trouble finding 80 grn rn bullets of .300 dia. for a 300 Rook and I am told this mould will work so if I can find one for purchase I may have to cast my own.

thanks
m4220

Posts: 217 | Location: US | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your other option is to buy a die in .300 (or slightly less for jacketed bullets, maybe .299) and just shove any bullet close thru to reduce its diameter--lubricated of course. The ".30" pistol bullets which are often called .32... are often in the .307 to .310 ranger and the greased lead... no problem with a stout press, Rockchucker or equivelent. Slightly easier, quicker, cheaper than setting up to cast and lube bullets but you have to be happy. corbins.com, ch4d.com, rceco.com and/or any machine shop can make a die for this... HAPPY HOLIDAYS. Luck.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
An even cheaper way is to buy a Lee push through sizer die kit. If you can find one dead on the size you need, but the next smaller size and hone it out with a dowel wrapped with some abrasive paper. Finish with a real fine grade paper. Works just fine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Lee .311/093/1R bullet mold(93 nom grs) and a custom Lee pushthru sizer can be had for about 50.00 for the pair. If you haven't shot cast thru it before I would slug it before ordering the sizer, there is also a Lyman 299155 mould on E-Bay right now, listed as a 85 gr hollow base mould, the core pin for the hollow base is missing- but that can be made or bought.