New
Find
Notify
Tools

interested in bullet making
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
OK, I've never made bullets before and am reading about jacketed bullet making. my question is: is it possible to make bullets of similar or equal quality to what i use now? I use 27 and 30 caliber nosler ballistic tips and Barnes X bullets.
Thanks a lot.

Posts: 59 | Location: Ok city, OK | Registered: 21 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nate

Of course it's possible to make bullets as good as the ones you buy. Hundreds of shooters do just that. The question is, "Are you capable of making high quality bullets"? It's an art that has to be learned and you don't learn it overnight. The $$$ that you will have to invest in dies, press, and components will buy an awful lot of those shiney new Noslers and Barnes bullets but making your own can be, in the words of the MasterCard commercial, "Priceless." Go here and find out a lot more.

http://www.corbins.com

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cheechako:
Nate

Of course it's possible to make bullets as good as the ones you buy. Hundreds of shooters do just that. The question is, "Are you capable of making high quality bullets"? It's an art that has to be learned and you don't learn it overnight. The $$$ that you will have to invest in dies, press, and components will buy an awful lot of those shiney new Noslers and Barnes bullets but making your own can be, in the words of the MasterCard commercial, "Priceless." Go here and find out a lot more.

http://www.corbins.com

Ray

Well said Ray after 40 years of making bullet's i still am learning new tricks.

Bulletsmithing and Bullet Design are art forms unto them selfs.
Maybe this is the best way to tell you ?
Years ago i got my very first swage die from a
nabor of mine name Ted Smith . I must have called him twice andthree times aweek for the next 5 years trying to glen everything i could learn out of him.
I started with what is called a single stage reloading press swage die

On the left you can see the single stage swage die i bought from Ted Smith all those years ago

With that one die i started making bullet for folks with 35 cal rilfes/pistols the die is a .356 diameter diameter die and while not really sooted for 358 diameter rilfe/pistols it did work and work well in the rifles the nabors used like the 35 Remingtons and there handguns.

There were no jackets around so i used Zinc washers as gas checks thay worked out well .

The point to all this history leason is start out with somthing that you can use and if your able to make a few and sell them to your buddys and a few friends well all the better .start slow and spend the time .

My little corner of heaven

Can you make bullets as good as factory ?
once you get into bulletsmithing " you " will be the factory and the other companys bullets will all seem sec/ rate ..

I use Richard Corbins swage press's and die's
RCE.Co

RCE.Co

Martin

PA Bullet's

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gentlemen for the advice.

Posts: 59 | Location: Ok city, OK | Registered: 21 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Martin, are you selling bullets, yeah? Do you have a price list? .358" and heavy.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana-be:
Martin, are you selling bullets, yeah? Do you have a price list? .358" and heavy.

Hey Bwana-be long time no chat .

I have been up and runnning for some time now with a limeted amount of die sizes .
and yes i have 2 point formers for the .358 diameter .. one my plain old PA design 10 % taper to a flat point for making those side shots . and the other one a semi round nosed

I have been working alot on Ed Hubels .700 diameter bullets and have been making his orders up .

PM me your home phone i will give you a call
and let you know vai phone call what i have going ... hell your not all that far away ..

or i can just drop you my number ..

Bullet diameters aval/
---------- jacket wall thickness that can be ordered . from 0.018 -- 0.090 --/not yet aval solids - but i have the dies and the press
i just need to get the 3 phase wired into the shop
Thats it for rifle/ pistol

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duh, Martin, I just got this. Sorry.
I'll give you a call tomorrow, see if you're around.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana-be:
Duh, Martin, I just got this. Sorry.
I'll give you a call tomorrow, see if you're around.

Ok Buddy.. remmber if you have bottle duty.. no slacking off now or the wife will wack ya..

Martin

PA Bullet's