Find
Notify
Tools

.404 Jeffrey bulletS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted
Is there anyone out there that is making jacketed soft point and lead core FMJ .423" bullets for the .404 Jeffrey and can deliver in a reasonable (under a month) time for considerably less than the average of $42 per 50 that everyone else gets?

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you have a pm man

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
moonova,

If you have a source for the 400 gr .423" jacketed soft points as mentioned by Masterifleman, please PM me as well!

Thanks.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
There may be quite a few people interested. I hope the good news can be shared.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have any.

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Masterifleman:
Is there anyone out there that is making jacketed soft point and lead core FMJ .423" bullets for the .404 Jeffrey and can deliver in a reasonable (under a month) time for considerably less than the average of $42 per 50 that everyone else gets?

OK, so let's repeat the question and see if anyone else has a source?

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Since cheap jacketed bullets in .423 don't seem to be available, what's the best mould for casting them? Or, is there a lead bullet maker that makes an appropriate bullet for the 404 Jeffery?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Wink - Sorry, I hadn't seen any activity for a while on this thread and thought it was done for. Beartooth Bullets (http://beartoothbullets.com/bulletselect/index.htm) has a bullet for the .404. I didn't find it very accurate but, I didn't really work hard at finding a good load.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote