New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Bullet Making Materials
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What does Barnes use as an alloy for their solids. It appears to be a brass or bronze type of alloy. And if so, were would a person find it.

I am looking to turn up some bullets on a cnc lathe I have access to. I am interested in turning up some bullets for a .408 Cheytac I am building. Lost River Ballistics is the only company that offers bullets of this caliber and they are not cheap.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James_B:
What does Barnes use as an alloy for their solids. It appears to be a brass or bronze type of alloy. And if so, were would a person find it.

I am looking to turn up some bullets on a cnc lathe I have access to. I am interested in turning up some bullets for a .408 Cheytac I am building. Lost River Ballistics is the only company that offers bullets of this caliber and they are not cheap.

Check your PM you have a message

Martin

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
http://www.mcmaster.com

Anything you want...

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used just plain brass bar for making .375 spitzer boat tails. Work great! Big Grin

never to forgive. never to forget. never to give up.

Posts: 157 | Location: england | Registered: 03 September 2001Reply With Quote