Find
Notify
Tools

Prototypes design, home made.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted
These 4 prototypes have been design, i cannot construct them (no CNC). They are of public dominion. The body is in chopper, with part in steel and lead.

The design is in my web page Mesolcina-caccia web site

The web site is in italian written.

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Post immagine for my prototyp

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
Interesting designs, however just be careful as all of these bullets have designs looking fairly similar to a few bullets manufactured already.

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Metal mine are alone ideas.
The second designed is similar to the new bullet SECA (9parabellum) we have in Police, here in Switzerland..

Seca ammunition RUAG¨
http://www.flupper.net/mesolcina-caccia/modules/xgaller...bums/album12/aav.jpg

Other control expansion bullet

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If would seem that English is not your first language. O.K.

POINT: A Mr. Parker Ackley was a noted gunsmith in USA for decades. Retired circa 1985. Since "died."

Long ago he made/sold a bullet of solid copper with a tiny insert of lead in the tip to make it open up. Rifle bullet for hunting big game. He was a personal friend and hunting companion of Fred Barnes (who founded and later sold "Barnes Bullets"). I believe Barnes Bullets, today, is doing a solid copper bullet.

His, Mr Ackley's, books are often available on Ebay fairly cheap.

The man who has, by default, taken over the history of bullet making in North America seems to be Mr. Dave Corbin. Web sites, corbins.com, swage.com, bulletswage.com... [Mr. Dave Corbin has a brother Richard who is in the same business. Rceco.com or bulletswager.com.] Mr. Dave Corbin has several books about bullet making on his web site, free to download, without pictures, ...

If you are not aware of this information and can "span" the language challange, it might be of help to you. Enjoy.

PS, In USA, laws forbid some materials in bullets. -!!-The "steel" might be a problem. Especially in a handgun bullet.

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Interesting that you are using a drawing of Charley Askins.
You design D looks like the front half of a Nosler Partion.
Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh yes. Many years ago, my hair is thinning with my memory, I read an article in Gun Digest Annual. Couldn't tell you which one. There was a mention of the "Hoxsey" bullet from circa WW I. Mr. Hoxsey took the very round nosed bullets of the day, lead with jacket, drilled a hole and in the hole seated a steel ball bearing. Impact on the bearing was supposed to "expand" the bullet much more reliably. Probably would. Long, long before all the plastic tips of today. Luck with your work.

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
I have created to days the photos...
"a my friend has lathe CNC and has given shape to a new one projects them"...
BOOM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Using a separate tip to expand is not new at all, certainly for rifle bullets. The old Remington 'Bronze Point' and some of the newer plastic tips wedge open the jacket very well.In handguns the all copper Barnes bullets have shown a number of unique properties useful for police [expanding in target even after penetrating sheet metal ].No separate expander tip is necessary. There's nothing very new in bullets . As long as you establish performance criteria you can make a bullet that will meet them. 2020

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
A new born, solid in HPBT

One of Us
Picture of collani
posted Hide Post
@Massimo

Cool design Big Grin

Did you tested the bullet on paper?
Did you tested the bullet in ballistic gelation or in equivalent medium?

Could I order some of your bullets?

Good shooting and good hunting
Collani
Wink

Gian Marchet Colani - the most famous mountain chamois hunter in the European Alps....

Posts: 118 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collani:
@Massimo

Cool design Big Grin

Did you tested the bullet on paper?
Did you tested the bullet in ballistic gelation or in equivalent medium?

Could I order some of your bullets?

Good shooting and good hunting
Collani
Wink

Hi Reto,

The paper probe is 100m shoting, 4 shot, hole 3,2 cm dancing

The wild probe (freind at make Poland red stag Hunt) one red stag doe distance 140m, after the shot at dont move. Good killing power!!¨

I dont buy my bullet, i make just for my...sorry!!