New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experience Beats The EXPRTS!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
When I got my CNC lathe, the manufacturer - EMCO - recommended I follow the cutting tools manufacturer recommendations on tools.

Everyone recommended I use HSS tools because I am cutting copper, a soft metal.

I did.

And found I had to change tools quite often, especially drills.

Then I decided to change all my cutting tools and drills, and use only CARBIDE.

Fantastic results!

Today I had to change one of the 2.5 mm drills, it broke.

It had made 11,880 bullets!

I keep track whenever I change a bit.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66913 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I agree. Many of these "experts" and tool reps just parrot what they think they heard from their loop inside their place in the industry. ( The gun business is similar I think.)
I am retired from my business of manufacturing CNC cutting machines. My son has the company now. We do 90 percent of our own engineering, innovations, R&D, etc. In North America we find sometimes that it is akin to treason to think independently.
"What you changed to carbide bits!?. You traitor!" Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are actually very lucky here in Dubai.

Lots of very good machine shops.

Many years ago, I made Delrin guides these are tubes 1 inch in diameter, and cut to about 70mm.

I drilled holes through them in various sizes for my CNC machine.

As you know, these are required to stop rattling of the material.

I am currently making 375 caliber bullets from 10 mm stock.

A few weeks ago friends from other Emirates came over, and asked how do I make these guides.

I gave him most of mine.

So I purchased 30mm Delrin rods, and sent them out to a machine shop to be cut and drilled to size.

save me from operating two machines at the same time, and I am short of time making bullets for my stock.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66913 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that's innovative! Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote