THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    This AR section does not get much activity

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This AR section does not get much activity Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
On Australia's biggest guns/hunting forum they have Off Topic and it might be the most active of their forums. I have noticed on other forums and not just guns/hunting, that Off Topic or whatever they are called are very active.

Maybe this one is slow because it is right at the bottom of the forum list?

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is a hunting and shooting forum.

For that we have over a hundred different specialized forums, which might answer your question.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66893 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McGuire:
I have noticed on other forums and not just guns/hunting, that Off Topic or whatever they are called are very active.

Maybe this one is slow because it is right at the bottom of the forum list?

No, the reason this forum doesn't see much activity is the fact that so many members feel free spout their off topic BS on other parts of the forums.

Saeed created the Political Forum to cut down on politics in the other sections. It may have worked to some degree but we still have all the cheerleaders spouting their political crap on other forums.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really like this forum and glad that it’s here. I guess the majority are more interested in posting to the PF gut pile.

There is some great insight in this forum.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I avoid the PF. I see no point in wasting time arguing with a brick wall. You're not going to change anyone's opinions, just get frustrated. It can be construed as entertainment if you like that kind of thing.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I avoid the PF. I see no point in wasting time arguing with a brick wall. You're not going to change anyone's opinions, just get frustrated. It can be construed as entertainment if you like that kind of thing.

I regard it as an indoor sport Big Grin

I had better head there and launch an attack on one the anti Trump people animal

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McGuire:
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:

I regard it as an indoor sport Big Grin

I had better head there and launch an attack on one the anti Trump people animal

Your problem is you actually support a politician.

I dislike them all.

Conservatives, labor, commies or fascists.

Men, women, queers, or in between.

Black, white, pink or yellow!

I am love treating them equally! rotflmo

That way I am never out of someone to have fun with!

Posts: 66893 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do you feel about benevolent dictators?

popcorn

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:

popcorn

There aren’t any.

Power corrupts.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely!

But at least those living under dictatorships have no illusions about themselves.

It is is the silly idiots who think they can things by “voting”.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not opposed to them, but they are hard to come by. I think some countries need that.

I am not keen on monarchies.

Posts: 13771 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Saaed. I think there is a Genetic DNA mutation that makes people desire political office or be in the media spotlight. Benevolent is a oxymoron in terms of politicians. Perhaps narcissistic is a better definition.

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree with Saaed. I think there is a Genetic DNA mutation that makes people desire political office or be in the media spotlight. Benevolent is a oxymoron in terms of politicians. Perhaps narcissistic is a better definition.

I also think that this directly applies to those who frequent the Political Forum on AR. Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am going top be 70 years old in a couple of months, I have lived through a life very few people in the world experience in their life time.

It is like comparing living in the stone age to being catapulted to the 21st century.

We were a tiny little state.

We had REAL democracy.

REAL freedom.

No rules, except family values.

You do something wrong, and your own family will punish you, not protect you.

I run barefoot into the house of the absolute ruler, I know every single citizen there, just as they know me.

Anyone has a problem, he airs it right there in the majelis.

No lawyers, no judges.

Judgement is passed by everyone sitting there, confirmed by the ruler.

THAT IS TRUE DEMOCRACY.

We have become a big country.

We have to have rules that meet international standards - if you ask me, I would say stick these stupid standards up the rear ends of whoever dreamed them.

"Internationally accepted rules"

"Human rights"

"United Nations"

"Political correctness"

These are the normal rules and laws being championed today that have ruined all our lives.

All the world over.

The majority of people in the world would be so much better off without being told what is best for them, and left to their own devices.

That old rule, TREAT ME AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED.

Cannot be beat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I am going top be 70 years old in a couple of months, I have lived through a life very few people in the world experience in their life time.

It is like comparing living in the stone age to being catapulted to the 21st century.

We had REAL democracy.

REAL freedom.

I run barefoot into the house of the absolute ruler, I know every single citizen there, just as they know me.

No lawyers, no judges.

THAT IS TRUE DEMOCRACY.

We have to have rules that meet international standards - if you ask me, I would say stick these stupid standards up the rear ends of whoever dreamed them.

"Human rights"

"United Nations"

"Political correctness"

These are the normal rules and laws being championed today that have ruined all our lives.

All the world over.

The majority of people in the world would be so much better off without being told what is best for them, and left to their own devices.

Cannot be beat.

Your narrow view on lawyers, rules of law, bankers, international finance, wall,street all reflect your narrow views on rifles - no wonder you don’t understand blasers dancing

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

We had REAL democracy.

REAL freedom.

No lawyers, no judges.

THAT IS TRUE DEMOCRACY.

"Human rights"

"United Nations"

"Political correctness"

All the world over.

Cannot be beat.

Your narrow view on lawyers, rules of law, bankers, international finance, wall,street all reflect your narrow views on rifles - no wonder you don’t understand blasers dancing

Mike

Mike,

You cannot imagine how proud I am.

Disliking all these vermin masquerading as humans is just as great as disliking silly contraptions like Blasers!

I have been called a RELIC by some of the brainless young people, and I consider that as a compliment clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would never use the word "benevolent" in relation to a "politician". I was thinking more of a military strong man that doesn't like the way the politicians are running things and takes over. Hugo Chavez could have been that man in Venezuela, but he screwed everything up, which led to Maduro and complete ruin.

Even with a benevolent dictator, there are always segments of society that feel like they aren't getting their "itch" scratched.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been called a RELIC by some of the brainless young people, and I consider that as a compliment

Damn, that's what some of my grandkids call me! rotflmo rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Hey, we earned it!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems like things are slowing down on the Humor thread as well. Things aren't quite as funny as they used to be.