New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not good for my internet buying Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.forbes.com/sites/a...ruling/#6e7270b33e66

May need to find some other overseas place with no taxes, cheap prices and refundable vat.

This will impact eurooptics, camerland, buds gun shop, B&H and other great retailers.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Governments are always looking for ways to get into citizens pockets.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
In my sheet metal shop which is in the ETJ but not the city limits I have only to charge the set state tax which is 6.25%.They added an additional .25% for the local library. I have no problem supporting the library,what I had a problem with that I was being forced to charge this tax but since I was outside of the city limits I was not allowed to vote on it.Also I only have people come by my business to pick up product because if I deliver it to wherever then I need to charge that municipalities tax base.I have enough to do without being the states bean counter.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Loooong over due. It's been an uneven playing field. Time that everyone pays taxes.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Governments are always looking for ways to get into citizens pockets.

And I try as hard as possible to not fund the beast.

https://www.fool.com/taxes/201...th-no-sales-tax.aspx

Nothing close to Florida to move high dollar purchases too.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I gotta love it here in the first state.. Delaware..

No sales tax, no local taxes to speak of.. cheap housing, and fairly decent jobs..

Only downside is it's behind the Iron Curtain and run by Commie demorats who like buying votes with our tax money on their social programs... Plus, No class III stuff permitted, and CCW permit application process is a real pain in the ass.. oh, and no place to hunt..

aside from that, I would have a tough time leaving..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1961 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Pa. Frank, as a long believer in the saying" there is no free lunch', perhaps you can tell us about the income tax and inheritance tax in Delaware?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the effort just to reprogram all the computers used to calculate tax on the orders. Differerent rate for every state and possibly municipality and keeping up with the changes.

I see a growth industry just supplying that info.
Shovel ready too, just as soon as the tax folks make it as complicated as possible.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is about as easy as a keystroke. Doesn't matter if it is Square or another Merchant Account service or your own order/shipping system.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Loooong over due. It's been an uneven playing field. Time that everyone pays taxes.

At 1 time I felt the same way, but as I have watched the piss poor way our municipalities spend our money I no longer blame anyone that can get around feeding the hogs at the public trough.
We have the highest sales tax in the nation & nothing of substance to show for it.
O I forgot, we are at the top of every bad list & at the bottom of every good list.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
quote:

At 1 time I felt the same way, but as I have watched the piss poor way our municipalities spend our money I no longer blame anyone that can get around feeding the hogs at the public trough.
We have the highest sales tax in the nation & nothing of substance to show for it.
O I forgot, we are at the top of every bad list & at the bottom of every good list.

Always deny the state/government as much tax revenue as legally allowed.

Giving government taxes only results in them finding ways to spend the money. A tight revenue constraint keeps government honest.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I must raise issue about your last comment about keeping government honest.I see no signs of that happening on any level.Fed is beyond me so I can not comment on that truthfully,only in spirit + self beliefs.In local however I do have factual statements to provide.Here in Williamson County,they are only interested in more money.1st on the list is we took a vote about a new High school bond to the tune of 89 million dollars. We voted it down but they did it anyway.YES!!! The realtors wanted it as it made our community more desierable w/ a 5A school system. The 1st thing built was the new football stadium;then the ostentasious entryway + when they were through they had run out of money + wanting to pass a new bond due to raises needed in the administration while meanwhile the students have no lockers.That is on a personal level that I have to live with + pay for every day.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paying taxes is one thing, but allowing for an uneven playing field that hurts local business is QUITE another. Allowing online sales merchants an unfair tax advantage only hurts local business who provide jobs for your local neighbors.

The quest to save a few pennies for yourself isn't helping the local economy. That is why this was a good decision.

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Well Pa. Frank, as a long believer in the saying" there is no free lunch', perhaps you can tell us about the income tax and inheritance tax in Delaware?
Peter

Inheritance tax only kick in for estates in excess of 5.45 MILLION (Not a problem for me)

Income tax rate is graduated from 5.2% with the top rate at 6.60%

Social Security and Retirement Benefits are not taxed in Delaware.

Like I said..... its too cheap to leave..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1961 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of just say moe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:

Uneven? Local - no inventory, crappy service, rude employees "selling" what's on the shelf (no we don't have 4350 but 4064 is just as good), much higher prices.

Online - vast inventory, no employees, better prices even with shipping.

Do you think even for a minute that state and local taxes will decrease to offset the increase??

"Pick out two!" - Moe Howard

Posts: 295 | Location: ARKANSAS - Ouachita mtns. | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote