New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kyle Rittenhouse Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
I don't watch much TV but I just saw a clip on another forum + read a little bit from a newscast. Does anyone have more info to add? At face value, it looks to me that he was justified in using lethal force, so now what? I would like some feedback. Thanks.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While the imbeciles feverishly attempt to make a political statement out of the shooting (and everything else), as so often happens with these incidences the first 10 stories aren't correct.

As the facts come to the surface, it appears more and more likely that Rittenhouse was defending himself and less and less likely he was just shooting up the neighborhood or intentionally hunting down liberals to murder.

He will have his day in court and will have the opportunity to defend his actions. I seriously doubt he will rot in jail the rest of his life, but will most likely see some jail time as the politics of the day will demand it. In a perfect world, he would walk from what we know of the facts. But this is far from a perfect world at the moment...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you follow the Friday Funnies in the Humor section, it would appear he's a hero to some people. Tough to judge people , by the media, these days.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will most likely see more of these shootings as more cities surrender to anarchists and prevent the police from protecting and serving.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think we need to turn this into the Political Forum, but I can't justify what that little G.I. Joe wannabee did. https://www.huffpost.com/entry...a3d6c5b6cf66b2b80d95 He called his friends in between kills, much like we might have done back in "the day", after killing a nice ten point buck.

He's no hero, no knight in shining armor. Another mass murderer with an AR, pure and simple, it would appear. A few years into his sentence he'll wake up and realize that he didn't become a hero after-all.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You say you are not wanting to turn this into the Crater discussion, yet you are. You are judging the person and not the crime and interjection emotion and not logic.

Rittenhouse was being attacked and feared for his life. The use of deadly force to save himself was warranted. Of course the prosecution will use feelings and politics to go after him, however, at the end of the day, we still live in a country where we can defend ourselves.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19313 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Didn't he come from out of state to get in to the action so he could "defend himself"? Sorry Opie, but you are on the wrong end of common sense again. My money says he doesn't get to go home and sleep in his own little bed for a long time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kenny, scurry on back to the Crater and spread your childish crap there. The adults are have a conversation here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
He will probably be found guilty of carrying where he ought not, but should probably plead "necessity" due to the prevailing conditions.
Explaining why he exposed himself to the conditions may be another matter. He didn't belong there.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You don't surrender your Constitutional rights based on location or age...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is one of the best analysts of the shooting i have seen so far.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ge...Intensive/5-2362796/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Statement my Kyle's attorney.

http://www.freerepublic.com/fo...f-news/3879269/posts

Last week, 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse allegedly shot three men – two of which have died – during a riot in Kenosha. The teen is being charged as an adult and faces two counts of first-degree homicide, one count of attempted homicide, recklessly endangering the safety of two other victims and possessing a weapon while under the age of 18. According to Pierce Bainbridge, the law firm representing Rittenhouse, his attorney was justified in using deadly force because Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers (D) and Kenosha Mayor John Antaramian failed to protect the residents in the city. Although Rittenhouse lives 30 minute

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the additional info.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not much of an opinion of anything.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Vanity Fair? Really? That’s your info source? You need to get off the estrogen replacement therapy for a while..... 2020

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kenney, please keep your stupidity contained where it belongs. This is why Saeed was gracious enough to provide us with the Crater where logic and reason go to die.

P Dog thanks for the facts.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Time for the moderators to move this to the Crater.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are three other threads on the same subject there. This is the only one discussing the facts, albeit with a childish interjection here and there...