New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Today is the anniversary of the Battle Of San Jacinto + the capture of Santa Anna + thus the birth of Texas independence as a republic.Makes one PROUD to be a Tejano.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Didn't last long though, did it ? Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
Didn't last long though, did it ? Smiler

Grizz

Oh, I don't know, there are more Texans than Canadians and Texas, measured by itself, has a larger economy than Canada so we did alright for ourselves. Pity the poor Canadians.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
in Canada you can move around without trespassing on private land every 6 feet.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, lucky them, it's all owned by the government.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Yeah, lucky them, it's all owned by the government.

I'm just as happy to leave Tejas to Tejanos, I'd rather hunt communally owned BLM land further west and north.
One of the points where I differ with Libertarian thought is that I don't think quite everything needs to be privately owned.
There is little room for a nomadic population in the United States, and I can't see that as a positive development.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14332 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaaand........we don't have Justine Trudeau as our ELECTED leader......

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Aaaaaaand........we don't have Justine Trudeau as our ELECTED leader......

No somehow Texas got stuck with the less cool Canuck Rafael Cruz Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As an addendum on this: I have not been over to Europe in many years,but when I did,the Europeans considered Texas a seperate country (not America) just Texas (which it is!)And they treated us different as well.More respect than any yankee would get.Being a gentleman I will not speak of the frauleins interest in Tejanos,but I will speak of the special consideration at the Hoffbrau Haus in Munich.They have the best beer you can amagine

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
While abroad and asked where I’m from, Texas is always the answer and there has never been any confusion.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember one of my trips through the airport in Buenos Aires. I was in line with a bunch of Argentines and needed to find someone who spoke English. I saw a guy, who, by the way he was dressed, looked American. I asked if he spoke English. He smiled and said, "Well, not really. I speak Texan. Is that close enough?" It was, and we went on to have a good laugh over a couple of cold beers.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
During SXSW,if I make it downtown (I hate the crowds of out of towners) I will wear my hat + what real folks call "Manly Footwear". Of course I dress like that all the time but then is the time to put on the dog.It always impresses the Euors + sometimes the yankees.