Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resoling Courteney boots Login/Join 
posted
Have any US members ever had their Courteney boots resoled? I bought a pair of the Safari boots recently, and it would be a shame if I can't have them resoled with the same quiet features found in the original sole. I have made inquiry to Westley Richards Company where I bought the boots but haven't heard anything yet. Perhaps someone can enlighten me about this. Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Easy ...

1. Book a trip to Zim for whatever (preferable ele, etc.);
2. Work your itinerary to go through Bulawayo;
3. Drop them off at the factory and have the work done!

Barring that, just wear the he(( out of them and worry about it when they finally wear out. They can supposedly be rebuild in Bwayo at any time. Mine are new since 2002 and I wear them all the time...no wear to the soles noted (they do mark up your floor at lot when new). Smiler

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks PostDriver, I'll likely take your last suggestion and wear them out- since I don't know if I'll be going to Zimbabwe soon! I do have a hunt scheduled for May 2011 in South Africa, so I'll make sure that they stay intact until then, and maybe pick up another pair there. Thanks again! Jim