Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who remembers this? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
They played at Bellarmine High School in Tacoma, Washington, about the time that record came out.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16305 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, they had record players when you were in High School? :-)

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jon, why yes, and this even came out on a 45 RPM with the yellow plastic insert ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16305 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Music was the only thing good that happened in 1968...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I still love that song!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Music was the only thing good that happened in 1968...

December 1968. Apollo 8, uusally regarded as the most dangerous mission of manned space. Fate was sure against Jim Lovell landing on the Moon. Got to orbit it in Apollo 8 as intended but theh his chance to land came on the Apollo 13.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bellarmine High School

Hold it, they played "Angel of the Morning" at a good Catholic school. Didn't they listen to the words? "If Heaven says we've sinned well it's what I wanted now"
Anyway, I have this on my thumb drive that I play in my wife's car, along with a bunch of other oldies that my parents told me about (!).
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I remember it quite well as I also remember the ongoing joke at the time of the D.I. coming into the barracks + shouting, "O.K. ANGEL, GET UP!"

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote