Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cerakote Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I want to give some business to a local cerakote small business.

Other than a kimber 45 barrel I have little else to cerakote in my guns.

Any other cerakote ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Cerakote is great for fishermen’s brains!

Slightly lighter application for Blaser shooters too! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66901 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Mike, it works on pretty much any surface. Other applications include knives and tools (machete/hatchet/etc.), anything that gets worn on like buckles, knobs, or handles.

There's also the always popular option of finding the cheapest, most beat-up pump shotgun possible and having them totally redo the thing. If you can find one of those police or prison Remington 870's, you'd be in luck. You have both the wood and metal surfaces. Make it a theme gun in a pattern for someone or for yourself.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Put it on all of those Blaser things you have. Then they would at least be worth the cost of the coatings ... but no certainly no more.

coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clayman:
Mike, it works on pretty much any surface. Other applications include knives and tools (machete/hatchet/etc.), anything that gets worn on like buckles, knobs, or handles.

There's also the always popular option of finding the cheapest, most beat-up pump shotgun possible and having them totally redo the thing. If you can find one of those police or prison Remington 870's, you'd be in luck. You have both the wood and metal surfaces. Make it a theme gun in a pattern for someone or for yourself.

I have my first shotgun - a beat up 870 express.

I am going to have it built into a tactical home defense shotgun.

Thanks for the idea.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't matter much what it's put on.

It's: Just spray paint!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5942 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I had 2 pieces that I used it on. Both in bad shape at the time. An S+W model 25 + a 1903 Winchester in 22 win. I cleaned them up then used the cerakote + at the next gun show they went fast. I did tell the buyers that it was not the original finish but they didn't care. I bought the little sprayer rig from Brownell's. Worked great using my compessor.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you used Aluma Kote?

I was given an old 12ga single shot
that had been sitting behind the back door
for years in SW Georgia. Rusted up so much
I couldn't buff it off. Cleaned it up best
I could then sprayed it with that stuff. Looks
like new.

Sometime after that I discovered vinegar would
take it right off. Oh well,.

Last night I found on amazon: Gibbsbrand.com
gunoil for 3 cans delivered for $40.03. That's the best gun oil I've ever found.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5942 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No I haven't used that; I assume it's available from Brownell's as well. I am VERY aware of the effects of vinegar on bluing as I had the bad experience of having a bit of oil + vinegar salad dressing drop onto my pistol at a picnic. Don't ask why my pistol was out at a friendly picnic.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Norman
I pack a sidearm 90% of the time for no other reason than I can, sometimes concealed sometimes not. Here in rural Nevada firearms are a way of life and not so much as for defense. Sometimes a guy just wants to have it with him if the opportunity arises to shoot a little bit.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3069 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That reminds me of part of a Sherlock Holmes story when he asks Inspector Lestrade if he's armed. Lestrade replies, "I've got my pants on, haven't I? And if I have my pants on, I have a pocket + if I have a pocket, I'm armed." That has gotten to be an inside joke with some of us shooters; the reply, "I've got my pants on, haven't I?"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first shotgun - 870 express

Upgraded with magpul stock and fore arm

2 round extension

Grey cerakote

I like it. Will be my garage gun.

Mike