Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I going nuts? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Yes I suspect so! Had a good crop of pecans this year. Because of everything going on, market wise, there were too many left from last year. Could not sell them so I had 80 pounds cracked! I gave another two five gallon buckets away. This is what 29 pounds of pecan meat looks like! We ought to be fixed for some time!

Posts: 691 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
What a righteous score! + a great way to spend your time. I have a neighbor that has an orchard in the valley + when he has a good year (read, no crows) we go down + spread a parachute on the ground around the tree, he uses the nut hustler forks on his tractor to shake the tree + you just fill up your 5 gal. buckets. After the fact, it was a lot of fun to sit around at night at the table + shell pecans, bag them + off to the freezer. That brought back a fond memory. Thanks.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Change your name to "Live Pecan".

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
Pecan Pie!!

Back down in SE Georgia the grand parents had a large Pecan Tree Grove.

And Grandma was the best pie maker in the county.

Good memories!

Posts: 1445 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Nice!

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you! We have about 50 pecan trees on one of our places, one of which produces the largest pecans I have ever seen. We didn't pick up a single pound this year...some trees didn't have pecans, crows squirrels and damned pigs took care of the rest. Maybe next year...

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. Now I'm going to add my Pecan Pie Kahlua recipe on the recipe forum. YUM!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Live Oak:
Yes I suspect so! Had a good crop of pecans this year. Because of everything going on, market wise, there were too many left from last year. Could not sell them so I had 80 pounds cracked! I gave another two five gallon buckets away. This is what 29 pounds of pecan meat looks like! We ought to be fixed for some time!

Looks like the collected brains of all American politicians! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66751 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like the collected brains of all American politicians!

You give them too much credit, they have none.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Will Rogers said, "There are folks in congress that shouldn't be allowed to play with matches."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K., I posted my Pecan Pie Kahlua recipe on the recipe forum. the heat cooks out the alcohol but retains the flavor. A great gift for your southern Baptist aunt. Wink