THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Anyone out there in the cell phone business?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone out there in the cell phone business? Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
I need a new cell phone and although I'm reasonably wel up ther with most other technologies, I know bugger all about cell phones and every time I talk to my provider, it sounds like they're talking a different language to me.

All I want from a phone is as good a battery life as possible, for as little money as possible, the ability to make and receive calls and SMSs. If it could store e-mail and physical addresses etc as well, or work like an address ook, that'd be a bonus, but it's not a necessity.

I don't care about cameras, internet, music, TV, radio and all that other bollocks, I just want a simple cellphone.

So, can anyone give me any ideas of what makes/models I should be asking the people from the planet Zog who work in the shop for please?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve:

I really can't help much because the battery life issue varies from phone model to phone model and even seems to vary from set to set, factor that in with the continuing replacement of models with a "newer, improved" version which usually means more bells and whistles which use more batter power. However, most of that problem is easily solved by getting a portable car charger which just plugs into the cigarette lighter.

Searching for a signal will burn up your battery power in a very short time. I keep my phone turned off until I need it and hopefully until I am in an area with a decent signal.

This is useless information, but the best signal receiver/picker upper I ever saw was a long antiquated Nokia set, now at least 4 years old and no longer available.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
This may be coming a bit late. I second the Nokia brand of phone.
I just got a new one, a 6085 because I wanted some thing blue thooth capabile.
My old 6102 left on 24 - 7 needed a charge about every other week. Of course the time you are talking or listining cuts that time down a bit.
The 6085 is just a month old now and seems to work as well. Of course it has all the bells and whistles but you do not need to use them if you so choose.
By the way they are a Finish product.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alleyyooper:
This may be coming a bit late. I second the Nokia brand of phone.
I just got a new one, a 6085 because I wanted some thing blue thooth capabile.
My old 6102 left on 24 - 7 needed a charge about every other week. Of course the time you are talking or listining cuts that time down a bit.
The 6085 is just a month old now and seems to work as well. Of course it has all the bells and whistles but you do not need to use them if you so choose.
By the way they are a Finish product.

Big Grin Al

I have an el-cheapo Nokia cant remember the model number. I believe the thing would pick up in a cave with no windows and the door closed. I will never buy another LG though.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote