THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Wonders of capitalism, free markets and competition

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wonders of capitalism, free markets and competition Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Wireless data rates in India have gone from

400 rupees ($6.15) a GB in 2014 to 10 rupees ($:15) a GB.

This is in the world’s 5 largest nominal gdp and 3 largest ppp gdp economy.

It’s the world’s second largest smart phone user base, second largest smart phone app download and largest wireless data user base at 1.5 bil GB a month.

Hundreds of millions of consumers first internet experience will be a smart phone.

Crazy world.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well I'm still kinda old school;I only have a landline + carry a 1911.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm still hoping India can learn how to fix a pothole.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
In the developing countries (and some developed countries) more people have cell phones than toilets.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Wireless data rates in India have gone from

400 rupees ($6.15) a GB in 2014 to 10 rupees ($:15) a GB.

This is in the world’s 5 largest nominal gdp and 3 largest ppp gdp economy.

It’s the world’s second largest smart phone user base, second largest smart phone app download and largest wireless data user base at 1.5 bil GB a month.

Hundreds of millions of consumers first internet experience will be a smart phone.

Crazy world.

Mike

And they all pay for it by working at Call Centers to service us. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I'm still hoping India can learn how to fix a pothole.

Roads have gotten better over time but I have little expectation for garbage to be cleaned up.

Even after property prices In major cities approaches US prices there is no social political or governmental pressure for garbage removal.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
The U.S. could learn from a standard process that USED to be in effect in Mexico. Concerning road building. The contractor got to bid on one mile of road.If you did everything right + on time,you got to bid on the next mile.You screw up,they take your name out of the hat.Solid I think.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My cousin had cabin fever and is dragging me on a 1000 kmi drive to go see some tigers.

Stopped in a WalMart India branded Sam’s club in a second or third tier City - Aurangabad.

Amazing to see fully stocked warehouse big box stores with membership, competitive pricing and a lot of consumers.

Capitalism, free markets, trade, property rights are the best way to prosperity.

Mike