New
Find
Notify
Tools

Based on what I heard today... Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Santa was really generous with new firearms AND ammo in the countryside. More shooting today than even on opening day for deer rifle. Big Grin

Noticed many have bump stocks out here too.

~Ann

Posts: 19145 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Xmas after I graduated from the state patrol academy a very good friend of mine gave me a new pistol.

It was a chilly -25F I just had to shoot it.

So I stepped out the basement door and fired a couple of mags.

About five minutes later the neighbor called had asked what kind of gun did you get.

It is great to live in a free area.

Posts: 19349 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is great to live in a free area.

I agree!

~Ann

Posts: 19145 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
X2!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Many years ago we had a very fine gunsmith + rifle builder in South Austin named John Turner. He worked out of his garage in a residential area. When rechambering a piece he would just go out back + fire a round into the ground. He had a new neighbor lady that panicked + called APD. When they showed + went out back to confront John, they saw his gunshop + the whole situation changed. They were now fans of his + in addition went + told the old bag next door to mind her own business + not harass this fine old gentleman. I loved it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot suppressed Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Many years ago we had a very fine gunsmith + rifle builder in South Austin named John Turner. He worked out of his garage in a residential area. When rechambering a piece he would just go out back + fire a round into the ground. He had a new neighbor lady that panicked + called APD. When they showed + went out back to confront John, they saw his gunshop + the whole situation changed. They were now fans of his + in addition went + told the old bag next door to mind her own business + not harass this fine old gentleman. I loved it.

When I worked for a small very rural 6 man sheriffs dept.

I handled more then one shooting complaint.

Normally called in by some part time resident from a city.

I would show up and if the shooting was being done in safe manner.

I would tell the complainant will this is the country you know.

There is no law against shooting on ones own property. Or on public land.

They stand there with a dumb look.

Oh well.

Posts: 19349 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote