Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Covid sucks on a hunt Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I went out to Wyoming on a late season whitetail hunt. Spent 5 1/2 days in the hospital .Covid 19 double lung pneumonia. I think I was in the best hospital there was for Covid 19.The Gillette hospital was fantastic getting me better. I spent the first 5 days before the hospital in the bunk house with fevers and the shits. I could not eat but drank gatoraid . Got out of the hospital and the following morning shot a whitetail from in front of the truck. I got lucky and hit him on the first shot. The next three shots could not have hit anywhere near him. My buddy dressed him out and hung him up. Two days later I was back home in Michigan. I was almost in the dirthole. Thank you all in the Gillette hospital!

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, glad that you are on the mend!

I know of many people (family and friends that have had it or are currently experiencing it. I would put the count are 20+. My son tested positive 2 days back and is doing well for the most part.

Glad that your hunt ended on a positive.

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Covid knocked me in the dirt the 1st part of November. I was pretty sick but never once hD had the feeling I was knocking on death's door.
For me it was the constant fatigue,dizziness, all out sweats with NO FEVER and shortness of breath. I never did get the stomach issues and there were some days I felt about 90% and contemplated going back to work only to wake up feeling terrible again.
It was definitely a sickness I never experienced before.
Glad you are over it. I was down for nearly a month with it.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3066 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Indeed! I have 2 customers + a stepbrother that had it + were completely wasted. The general consensus was that all those A.H.s that refuse to wear a mask need to get a dose just to see what it's REALLY like. It still pisses me off to see these self-centered A.H.s going around deliberately disregarding a serious health issue because they are TOLD to do something because their wants are more important than others' health.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I got it at Thanksgiving. Concerned because of my age coupled with a couple of medical issues. Had many, but not all of the symptoms, No fever or sore throat. No head aches. Some body aches for a day. Slight breathing issues, but nothing serious. A little tired one day. Had no taste or smell for two weeks. Dizziness a couple of times. Some diarrhea, little bit of nausea. It was three weeks before I tested negative. We think that it came to me and my wife through our oldest son, who had been at a church meeting. All had been wearing masks. No one else in the family got it. Just the three of us had it. We were lucky to all have a mild form of it. We had been sequestered in the house since March. Didn't go anywhere except to medical and dental appointments. Go figure. I had a friend three doors down in our neighborhood who died from it a week after Thanksgiving. Strange that it affects people so differently.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brother in law got it real hard for three months
first part of Feb last year. One of the first I
heard of. Really worked him over.

Just about over it when flesh eating bugs attacked
his calf and ate the meat and skin off the bone.
Thought he needed a patching job. Doc put calf skin on it and a few months later it had regrown his own skin.

Sometime in the early fall he had an xray and they
found he'd had a heart attack. Still not back to work.

Mid Dec just in our little county of 166,000.
There was 113 died in ONE WEEK!

Damned serious deal guys. Get those shots soon as
you can and pay attention.

Glad you guys got over it. Know it would ruin a hunt.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was never fond of shots. But by the time I got out of the hospital, needles don't bother me anymore.

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote