Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

think about this Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Last year 449,163 Californians received a jury duty summons to which they declined, using the provision
"I am not a citizen, therefore I cannot sit on a jury” .

The source for jury duty summons candidates is the VOTER REGISTRATION list.

Think about that for a minute!

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
Last year 449,163 Californians received a jury duty summons to which they declined, using the provision
"I am not a citizen, therefore I cannot sit on a jury” .

The source for jury duty summons candidates is the VOTER REGISTRATION list.

Think about that for a minute!

I believe the source is DMV, is there a link that shows otherwise?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
In California:

2. How are potential jurors picked?

"They are randomly selected from sources that
may include various lists, such as voter registra-
tion lists and lists of licensed drivers and identifi-
cation cardholders (from the Department of Motor
Vehicles). Once summoned to court, prospective
jurors make up the panels from which trial juries
are chosen."

Link to State Bar of California pdf:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=...CIZh5zv4MOiELd1jfwGD

Posts: 2908 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I don't know about everywhere else but I have had jury duty 5 times + I never want to do it again.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My eldest who is 43 said, I'll beat this + went down in his dago T (wife-beater T-shirt) + says "Wheres that guilty nigger that needs a lynching?" That was a few years ago + although it worked for him then as being excused from jury duty; today there would be a very different response. Primarily because now the "powers that be" would need another goat to throw on the fire simply to "appease the crocodile of the moment."

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I don't know about everywhere else but I have had jury duty 5 times + I never want to do it again.

They must like your way of thinking. Smiler

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always thought it was because I voted.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least in Texas they stopped using voter registration and went to DL. Law suit from a minority group! The Sheriff can just walk down the street and pick out random people if need be! Saw it happen once. Say something really stupid to get out of it and the Judge can slap you with a Contempt of Court Saw that happen twice!

Posts: 691 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Attorneys don't like engineers, I am never picked once they find out what I do for a living.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote